Home: Breed Specific: Terrier Group:
im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls

wendy091020
New User

Apr 17, 2007, 6:57 AM

Post #1 of 8 (10608 views)
Shortcut
im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls Can't Post

Hi my name is Wendy im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy..my kids are crazy for one but i can't affort to buy one ...or less money ..maybe i can !! please contact me . thank you so much .

take care .

Wendy

ERN
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2007, 1:38 AM

Post #2 of 8 (10597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wendy091020] im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi my name is Wendy im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy..my kids are crazy for one but i can't affort to buy one ...or less money ..maybe i can !! please contact me . thank you so much .

take care .

Wendy

A decent quality Westie is selling from RM3000 to RM7000 depends on where it come from.

You may find cheaper one, it depend on your luck. There is one at Petaling street, 14mths old male, selling for RM2880. Are you welling to pay for that price?

Kids like any puppies, as all puppies are cute. If Westie price is too high for you [just asking only no other intention ya.], you may consider a Spitz puppy, will look more like westie at the head. Or a Minpin in term of size they are suitable for kids.

May I know how old is your kids? What happen if they get bored to the puppy after you get one? dare not ask to many question, other ppl mistaken me. But what i want to say is Westie is not cheap so you have to consider from many angles.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

wendy091020
New User

Apr 18, 2007, 4:19 AM

Post #3 of 8 (10596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wendy091020] im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi no i can't affort to pay that...my kids are 5 and 7 years ..they one a West Highland White Terrier because they grandma have one but she live very far from here ...but thank u ..i will keep looking ..

thank u take care.

irenekang
Novice

Apr 24, 2007, 8:54 AM

Post #4 of 8 (10568 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wendy,

I am Irene from Penang. I own 2 westies, a male and a female, both imported from Australia with N.Z champion bloodlines. They are a wonderful breed......beautiful, adorable and very intelligent. No regrets buying them, really.

May breed them sometime later in the year. You may email me at: irenekang116 or call me at tel. no. 016-4009984/04-8905659. Where are you from?

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Apr 24, 2007, 7:10 PM

Post #5 of 8 (10562 views)
Shortcut

Please be careful where you look for your westie puppy. There are countless stories of cheap puppies bred without concern for genetic health and purely for profit. These puppies look cute and apparently healthy but later on develop health problems. Depending on the problems, some dogs will need to be put to sleep or require lifelong veterinary care.

Please take time to look for your westie puppy and do not settle for a puppy because it is cheap - the cost emotionally and financially should your puppy have poor health may be more than you or your children can bear.

Also, your children are only 5 and 7 - the prospect of a puppy like their grandmother's may be more exciting than the reality. Perhaps you should let your children stay with their grandmother and help her to take care of her dog before you get them a puppy of their own. A dog requires a lot of care and there is more to responsible dog ownership than just play time. They need to be fed, walked, bathed and groomed regularly.

Almost all Westies are genetically prone to skin problems if they are not groomed properly and their diets carefully controlled. I had a Westie who had periodic skin problems. He had to have steamed vegetables daily with his dog food as well as yoghurt to keep his skin from flaring up - hot, wet sores that itched and smelt horribly. He required special baths to soothe his imflamed skin when he had the flare-ups. The flare-ups only came under almost complete control after he moved into a permanantly airconditioned room. Except for when he went out to pee and poo, he lived in that airconditioned room.

Angus was not a puppy bought cheaply from an irresponsible breeder - his breeder in England was a show breeder who had screened carefully for genetic health before breeding from his parents and he came from excellent bloodlines. His flare-ups came about when he was approximately 5 years old when we moved to Malaysia. It took three years before it was realised that the Malaysian humidity was exacerbating his skin condition. From then on until Angus died when he was almost 14, he lived in his 23oC airconditioned world almost 24 hours a day.

If you and your children are not prepared for more than 10 years of commitment to a dog then I urge you to reconsider getting any puppy - whatever the breed.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

gbear
New User

Sep 4, 2007, 1:42 AM

Post #6 of 8 (10360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls [In reply to] Can't Post

I own a Westie, and yep, i'm totally agreed with that point, Westie genetically prone to skin problems. Previously my Westie keep scratching his right leg, after consulting my vet, i'm only realize this is actually quite normal for Westie. The solution of this problem is train your Westie not to scratch himself and keep his body clean (groom regulary but not to bath too often, pet sampoo is not good for his skin...)

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 4, 2007, 6:34 AM

Post #7 of 8 (10349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gbear] im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. Have you tried adding vegetables to your Westie's diet? Like I mentioned in my post above - vegetables and plain yoghurt. Cook the vegetables with a bit of chicken to get the chicken flavour into the vegetables. It works really well for the general well-being of all my dogs and I can't recommend it enough to Westie owners.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

pennywise
Novice

Sep 10, 2007, 2:28 AM

Post #8 of 8 (10261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] im looking for West Highland White Terrier puppy pls [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been a while since I reply to this forum. I was looking for a Westie and on 1st Jan, I found one. I have my own Westie now for ~10 months? Casper will be one year old in Oct.

If you are on a tight budget, then perhaps you can opt for something else? There are other doggy like JRT, Maltese, Poodle and etc. Dont force yourself with another 'investment' because this puppy will be wth you for the next decade or more.

Westie are quite hard to find in Malaysia and recently when I visited my breeder to chat for 2 hours, 2 customer called looking for it!

These are lovable doggy and I intend to get a female one soon. So, I'm very much like you - looking for a Westie.

In Reply To

(This post was edited by pennywise on Sep 10, 2007, 2:30 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my