Home: Breed Specific: Hound Group:
beagle breeders and references

naddie
Novice

Apr 17, 2007, 6:24 AM

Post #1 of 19 (101613 views)
Shortcut
beagle breeders and references Can't Post

hye, my name is naddie. i'm looking for my first puppy and i was thinking of a beagle. just list your name, contact no and where you live. i'll contact you in a day's time. if i'm free la. cheerio xD

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 20, 2007, 7:22 AM

Post #2 of 19 (101592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naddie] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

Seem like no one response to your question in hound groupUnsure

naddie
Novice

Apr 21, 2007, 7:27 AM

Post #3 of 19 (101585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

i know right?? i think with a little patience, i can find a good breeder. i'll have to keep looking.

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 21, 2007, 7:44 PM

Post #4 of 19 (101577 views)
Shortcut

I'm so sorry that didnt respond to u ... though im quite active in this thread..

Have been thinking of good beagle breeder.. but.really dun have any idea as most of us here beagle owner bought from petshop.. but i do manage to track my own beagle breeder..

I see that my beagle is of a good quality.. if u want.. i can give u the contact no. and u go take a look.

But keep in mind that when I go there I realised that is kinda like a commercial breeder..

the dogs are most of the time confine in the cage.. so i dunno if u want to support this kinda breeder.

I m sad when I c it.. the place is some where at palace of golden horses there near sg. besi..

his beagles are mostly imported from Thailand.. and i can see that they got showdog quality..

if u want just let me know email me at leewan_chew @ yahoo.com

I can give u the contact no.

Also another way is look thru STAR newspaper.. and go take a look.. at their place..

the best is if u can see their mother..

Some breeder does not allow u to look at the mother.. mostly in this case.. something is fishy.. either the mother look awful therefore afraid u will change ur mind when u see it.. thats what happen to my friend.. she bought the beagle fr a breeder thru and agent but they do not allow her to see the pup's mum.. dunno why..

and the beagle is very thin and look pitiful.. so she also take pity on it and bought the pup..

Summer petshop in ss2 sell good quality puppy.. u can go take a look but the price sure is higher than directly buy from breeder.

Hope u can find a beagle pup soon. It would be fun .. Smile

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

(This post was edited by wan on Apr 21, 2007, 7:46 PM)

naddie
Novice

Apr 23, 2007, 4:19 AM

Post #5 of 19 (101567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you for your help. i don't really like commercial breeders and pet shops. am kinda against all of that. i did look up the classifieds in the star. there are beagle puppies on sale. and today when i went to pet safari, there's this couple who owned a beagle. i wanted to say hi but in one blink they're gone. sobb. next time la i hope.

btw wan, i'm moving into an apartment very soon. so i was thinking of settling down properly before considering once again on getting a puppy. it's all in the right time.

but i'm very clueless in this breed. can you let me know more because you're more or less a veteran? what are their characteristics, what do you feed them and so forth.

noname

Apr 23, 2007, 7:52 PM

Post #6 of 19 (101556 views)
Shortcut

since you are moving into condo/apartment, then advise to get a small dog instead of medium size dog - beagle. it is easier for you to sneak in and out.

the weight of adult beagle - can vary from 12 to 15KG... some is fat and some is slim. depend to how you feed them.

beagle is well know to obesity = eat a lot. so you need to control their food intake. for puppy, you can feed them twice per day and gave them plenty of water (24 hours round). we give them many type of brand. blackwood, eukanuba, eagle pack (holistic), nutro, avoderm... and finally we still prefer blackwood - less smelly on poo and more compact the food pellet. plus smell is nicer.

their behaviour, can be naughty (if you didnt train them) but can be very smart and catch up easily when you train them. they can catch up the word and action faster... so im quite impress with our dog - whiskey. you have to buy them more toy - especially nylon bone... so that they can release their stress or bore onto the bone (bitting). they need a medium range of exercise. normally just take him/her out for a walk/jog is good enough.

btw, beagle is a hound dog, so dont expect them to become like guard dog - rotti.

another thing is when your beagle destroy something, remember always catch them on guard and scold them or give some punishment. if you catch them off-guard, meaning after destroy the thing and when u see him sitting somewhere else, dont punish them. they wont know what they have done. :D they will act blur blur and their face will show soooo sad motion... so make your heart feel "soft" if you want to punish them. ahahaha.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 23, 2007, 7:59 PM

Post #7 of 19 (101555 views)
Shortcut

hey naddie...yeah u better move into ur apt first, settle down, survey ur neighbors; all to your left and all to your right, all above your unit as well as below your unit and see how's everyone then only decide which breed suits you the best.

Remember, all it takes to boot ur new pup out is just ONE pathetic heartless neighbor. So survey kau kau first. Maybe bake some brownies for them too. Hahahah just kidding....also better be extra careful lor....since u're a muslim, really don wan to see you get into trouble with the religious dept lor....

all the best ok!

Was in summer pet in SS2 yesterday, aiya this time all MS lahh....but somehow i'm not too satisfied with the pet condition there lah......there are other petshops that keep their animals in way better condition than theirs. I know lah they are doing their best with that limited space they have. The MS was for sale but there was this BEAUTIFUL malamute i think was done with grooming and was waiting for it's owner to pick it up. FUUUYOOHHH.....in US the malamute didnt look that HUGEEE cos most of the time my friend let them roam free in her backyard. But the malamute yesterday looked GIGANTIC in that HUGE cage........I wonder who is the owner....

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

noname

Apr 23, 2007, 11:25 PM

Post #8 of 19 (101552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

ahaha. the summer pets - so far im satisfied with their puppy as i bought my beagle from there. but of course - not all the times the puppy look healthy. when you want to buy it, do more research and screen the dog health.

yes, last week, saw 2 MS... one of MS look so cute and price is reasonable. RM880 without mka. not bad. ahahaha...

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 24, 2007, 12:31 AM

Post #9 of 19 (101551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noname] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe it's still there....i think there was a total of 6 MS there yesterday. But there was one going for RM400 only. Reason: he doesnt have the MS coloring......was a pure black, took me quite some time to actually tell he is a MS. hahahahaha who knows, maybe the fella will grow up to be beautiful.........hahahahahah

But supplies there can be quite cheap......still Frontline Spot On very expensive lah.....best price without membership is still 1U. With membership, probably Pet Family in Tmn Megah. Anyone know anywhere else selling Spot On for less than RM68 for Medium breed around PJ, let me know ok!

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 24, 2007, 4:39 AM

Post #10 of 19 (101547 views)
Shortcut

That Alaska Malamute must be Jeff Leong's litters. He is the only breeder currently in Malaysia that we all know who advertised.

I like Alaska Malamutes & Husky but only can admire them, cannot afford to own it.

You know why nowadays petshop sell more MS and Poodle puppies? Because these dogs will give the petshop more grooming business in return lor.....

(This post was edited by GSlover on Apr 24, 2007, 4:43 AM)

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 24, 2007, 4:56 AM

Post #11 of 19 (101541 views)
Shortcut

I lived in condo for 1 yr with my 2 dogs (ACS & Beagle). Honestly speaking Beagle is not suitable to confine in condo/apartment. Its barking sound got huge echo, if your neighbour community very strict, then you would probably have big trouble.

I bought Beagle as I know I lived in condo only short term measure (at most 1 year). So that is why I dared to take the risk, further to that our condo surrounding with landed properties and a small hill, so many dogs barking sound, and no one could really tell it came out from condo, landed properties or the small hill.

Beagle is very intelligent, cute and loveable but also very naughty. Owner who does not have patient not advisable to own this breed. Hehehehe...

Unless you can find a tea cup size beagle then it probably can be suitable to house in apartment. I heard from my sister, her friend once own a tea-cup/pocket size beagle. But she does not know where her friend is now. I have seen dwarf size beagle only. Dwaft size is around 8kg weight.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 24, 2007, 8:32 PM

Post #12 of 19 (101539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm Jeff Leong.....is he also the one advertising now for malamute puppies going Rm2.5k to RM3.5k on.....hahah i forgot where i saw the ad. But definitely saw the ad yesterday..........

I also would like to keep a malamute later on in life when I touch my very first RM1million. Hahahaha so all my dogs can live in air-con place. hahahahaah.....there was this beautiful husky in SS2 which the owner left on the porch area. Kesian...you can see the fella will be beautiful if kept indoors, but sayang lah, kena sleep in the porch exposed to sun, heat and rain, so habis lor the fur.

But the malamute in SS2 was really beautiful lah.............maybe also cos just after grooming, so look even better....haha like my dog, after grooming look like show-dog, the minute he swing his head, habis lah the show dog look. Hahahahahaha

naddie
Novice

Apr 25, 2007, 8:48 AM

Post #13 of 19 (101529 views)
Shortcut

i am in love with malamutes and huskies. the last time i went to summer pets, there were so many poodles. and it was a saturday so people came there to send their dogs for grooming. but i think they have good business.

very true about i have to survey kau kau. one nosey neighbor would make me lose my dog, or worse, make me lose my place.

beagles are so adorable but behind those puppy eyes are devils. hahaha that's my opinion la. jack russells on the other hand are big dogs trapped in small bodies ahaha.

i'm still fond of the ACS. would it be alright in an apartment? gslover, tell me about your experience. i'm thinking of living in an apartment for quite a long time. so maybe a beagle isn't a good idea if it likes to bark.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 26, 2007, 12:59 AM

Post #14 of 19 (101526 views)
Shortcut

Heard from so many groomers that i've been to, most compare my ACS to beagles lor cos same size mah, and a lot complain say beagles will bark their heads off until the groomer also pening. Hahahahaha

Might really wanna consider a non-barker lor..better don take the risk if you're staying long-term in apt lor.....

GSlover
Canine Addict

Aug 31, 2007, 8:48 AM

Post #15 of 19 (101263 views)
Shortcut

Hi Naddie, missing out your post on question to me.

Have you got your 1st puppy? ACS is quite suitable for apartment living. They are not really a barker as compared to Terrier breed. But that also depending on individual personality I guess. I had my earlier ACS, Tasha was very quiet, her barking sound not loud. But this new ACS, Golden is quite a good watch dog, can bark really loud but of course not as loud as Beagle. Tasha left alone can howl, whereas Golden not. So, its very much depending on individual personality of the dog.

Perhaps you should get a mini-breed like poodle, pinsher, chiwawa or mini maltese.

SRV
New User

Sep 18, 2007, 10:13 PM

Post #16 of 19 (101138 views)
Shortcut

Hi there, if anyone is still interested in beagle puppies, we have home breed pedigree beagles for sale.

We actualy have them advertised on this site should you need to see the pups. Adorable, playful and really cute.

The Sire and Dame are also shown in the site.

Hope to hear from anyone who is ready to be loved!!!

seanong
New User

Sep 19, 2007, 7:06 AM

Post #17 of 19 (101128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SRV] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

hi srv, im looking for beagle pup...

Striker-X
Novice

Jan 13, 2012, 9:32 AM

Post #18 of 19 (94198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...can i have the contact number of the breeder that is at palace of the golden horses ? interested to get a beagle~

In Reply To
~~ROTTIE's ROCKS~~

kooshanne
New User

Jun 16, 2012, 3:05 AM

Post #19 of 19 (83011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Striker-X] beagle breeders and references [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I have a beagle that is now 2 years plus. I bought him from a breeder when he was about 3 months old. Very healthy and so far, no health problems.

Here's a photo for reference (taken when he's 1 year old).

If any of you are interested, you can check their website - www.anjfurkids.webs.com/
Attachments: booth.jpg (191 KB)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my