Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Toy Poodle Grooming - How?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cindy_pebbles

Apr 12, 2007, 10:35 PM

Post #1 of 70 (5521 views)
Shortcut
Toy Poodle Grooming - How? Can't Post

Hi there! Anyone has hands-on experience on grooming a toy poodle? my bf just bought one cutie pie yesterday and am thinking of grooming her myself... :) Anyone with experience, please teach me how! I totally have no idea! I have some experience in grooming my MS, Benji except for the inner ear and face coz he kept struggling. Distraction, somehow, doesn't work on him...So now, brought him to a groomer... :p Jessie (the toy poodle) is much calmer. Yesterday when I bathe her, she didn't even struggle! Haha..with Benji, need 2person to handle him...keke...
So, please teach me some tips. Toy poodle has different style of clip right? Which is which? I would prefer her to look like a bear bear...so cute!

We have a new member in our family! Her name is Jessie, a toy poodle!

Visit Benji's blog to find out more!

http://www.benjiboyboy.blogspot.com

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2007, 1:40 AM

Post #2 of 70 (5513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cindy_pebbles] Toy Poodle Grooming - How? [In reply to] Can't Post

if u manage to hv tips on grooming toy poodle, do let me know ya! i am looking for books on this too...

currently i bring sasha to groomer...n poodle requires grooming frequently...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

k9groom
Novice

Apr 13, 2007, 8:51 AM

Post #3 of 70 (5501 views)
Shortcut

i know grooming a poodle requires a lot of scissoring job, so u'll probably have to send ur little one to a groomer. but remember to choose a good groomer. get more info about the grooming saloon you r gonna send ur little one to. not all groomers are capable of grooming poodles mind u.

anyway, there's a book out there all about grooming poodles. i came across it at popular, ikano, but it's a whooping rm95. too expensive for me. but the title is something like, poodle clipping and grooming. check it out if ur interested.

btw. wat color is ur poodle? mine's apricot =o)

cindy_pebbles

Apr 13, 2007, 6:26 PM

Post #4 of 70 (5487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Toy Poodle Grooming - How? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, will go and have a look at the bookstores and see if I can find a good reference. Will let you know... :)
PS: Poodle is really very manja eh? Haha, so unlike my Benji...

cindy_pebbles

Apr 13, 2007, 6:29 PM

Post #5 of 70 (5486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [k9groom] Toy Poodle Grooming - How? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! Ya, maybe the first few time I shall send her over to a pro groomer and try to learn a trick or two...before trying on my own...
Mine is apricot too!... but breeder kept telling me she is brown...duh...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2007, 6:32 PM

Post #6 of 70 (5484 views)
Shortcut

hahha..yeah yeah...very very manja....they prefer to stick to human than dogs...

like sasha, she will always lay her head on my lap everytime i sit down, to watch movie, to read or anything....

any pic of jessie? heheheh..felt as if i'm calling my own name....Blush

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

cindy_pebbles

Apr 14, 2007, 12:36 AM

Post #7 of 70 (5473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Toy Poodle Grooming - How? [In reply to] Can't Post

Da pictures are all in my hp...but will load some soon.. have to update Benji's blog..hehe... then you can go there and have a look...there's a cute pic of them sleeping together with Benji in his fav pose!
Yeah, when my bf named her Jessie, the first person I think of is u...haha..coz you also have a toy poodle ma.. :)
Anyway, supposingly this toy poodle is my bf's la..but he malas to train so, i guess i m unoffically the master...kekeke...
oh ya, she really loves to manja and would say very good gal for a puppy. Loves to go everywhere human goes... and just lay on my feet, sleeping...so cutie! Except for her screeching when kept in crate, all is good... :)

tanmoon

Apr 14, 2007, 5:47 PM

Post #8 of 70 (5456 views)
Shortcut
hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

yah poodle was very manja. Mine also apricot color and last four days only 2 months old. she sleep with me and she very intelligent. Although she small but she know how to go upstair and find my room. Everynight she will sleep with me and normally we will share one pillow to sleep. She will sleep next to my head until morning time even sometimes i put her to her basket she will climb out at midnight and sleep with me. She will follow everywhere u go. I wait for my poodle old enough then only i will try to groom her by myself. But for this moment i also try to learn how to groom a poodle. I got one shih tzu and i always be her designer. My shih tzu is a very good girl cos she will behave herself when i grooming her. I try to find the book at popular store. If anyone get it please let me know. Hurray for my babe

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 15, 2007, 6:50 AM

Post #9 of 70 (5449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tanmoon] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

Went to MPH for a quick browse, found 2 books on grooming, one was like around rm200++ and another book was around rm90..didnt look at the contents properly lor..but seems like pricey...the rm200++ onw all wrapped up some more..planning to get a clipper n slowly try from there..

cris
Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007, 7:52 PM

Post #10 of 70 (5434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

if you intends to work on your poodle, you not only need clipper, you also need scissors, as poodle needs lots of scissoring.

cindy_pebbles

Apr 16, 2007, 9:10 PM

Post #11 of 70 (5428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tanmoon] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown
Wow, you let her sleep with you? Aren't you afraid that she might pee/poo middle in the night? So far, I let her and Benji sleep on the floor with pillows coz she usually wake up middle of the night to poo/pee. I would say she is a very intelligent puppy! I just taught her about 2minutes SIT and she knew it! Haha...so smart! She is also very brave, unlike Benji. Benji is very afraid of sudden loud noise, gym balls, apron, big plastic pails and plastic bags! Haha...but Jessie is so cool about everything...
Oh ya, Jessie loves to put her feet into her bowl and splashes water all over. Why ar? How to stop that? I kept saying NO but she macam doesn't care and kept doing it. Also, she loves to go to Benji's bowl to drink his water and will put her feet in so could block Benji from drinking. Is this normal? Lucky Benji is a patient and nice fella...haha..just looking at her...
Oh, and lastly, how do we know if Benji and Jessie are playing and not fighting? Coz they keep sort of biting each other and chasing here and there... Benji didn't growl or anything but Jessie seemed to "growl" when she chases him.. not really growl long long but more like "Uhhh-ngeow!" kind...haha..hard to explain leh... Sometimes i m worried that Jessie might not like Benji...but sometimes, they pulak seemed so friendly, sleeping and sharing a toy...no experience here..anyone can help me?
PS: Benji is sooo much a good boy now that Jessie is here...if he sees her sleeping, he will follow suit...last time ar.. he kept wanting to play and play and play with me unless i put him in the cage. then only he sleeps... if not, i can't even got the chance to sit on my sofa to watch CSI...Unsure

tanmoon

Apr 16, 2007, 11:40 PM

Post #12 of 70 (5421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cindy_pebbles] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

yah my babe sleep with me. If she want to do her business she know how to go to the toilet. Every morning she wake up she will go to toilet for pee and poo first then only wake me up by licking my face. she just so cute. U know what? Yesterday when my friend play with her, suddenly she stand up for a few seconds. I'm so excited to see her standing some more. She can jump very far and keep playing with the color ball i bought for her. But normally a puppy love to play just like she playing with my shih tzu. she will bite my shih tzu tail everytime when they together and keep licking her face. Although my shih tzu don't like to play with her but she always will ignore her whenever my babe teasing her. Right now my babe still very "kan chong" when she see my shih tzu coming inside the house. I haven't go to find the books for grooming poodle yet but i will try to find it in this few days then only buy their accessories for grooming.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 17, 2007, 6:21 AM

Post #13 of 70 (5409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cris] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi cris, ive already got a scissors, used to trim Nana's legs and her nose area, looking for a clipper now.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 17, 2007, 4:32 PM

Post #14 of 70 (5408 views)
Shortcut

hehee....sure sure...looking forward to seeing jessie's pics...Wink

yup...poodles very cute...seeing all of you talking about poodles remind me of sasha when she was younger...hehehehe...suddenly felt as if sasha already old d compared to your girl....hahahahaha..n she is only 1 yr old!

anyway, sasha sleeps with me too...sharing my pillow everynite...don think i can sleep without her now..hhahahaha....

as for putting the feet into the bowl, i'm not very sure...sasha wasn';t like dat when she was younger..but i noticed my fren;s poodle did dat too when she was younger...but now no more liau....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 17, 2007, 4:33 PM

Post #15 of 70 (5407 views)
Shortcut

so how's ur trip to rosie's place? nana groomed d? any pic of her after grooming?

so u plan to groom her yourself in future? wat type of scissor did u buy ah? or we can use any type of scissor?

sorry ya...asking too many questions at one timeWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 17, 2007, 9:47 PM

Post #16 of 70 (5392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jess,

We've decided to shave all Nana's hair for it was really tangled up despite combing her everyday plus her body still has those red spots so better shave it off to see if it develops into anything or not lor, just afraid she may get mites / ticks nia..anyways she looks very cute at the moment, can really see her run, jump n play fetch..hehe..

She looks like a Chi Hua Hua, JRT or even a mini Golden sometimes..looking at a longer term, Nana will have a curlier coat once it grows...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 17, 2007, 10:07 PM

Post #17 of 70 (5391 views)
Shortcut

oh icic...so u must hv not be used to it when she initially have all her fur shaved....

yup...in a way better since she still has the red spot...got any picture of her now? would really love to see her 'naked'...heheheWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 17, 2007, 10:43 PM

Post #18 of 70 (5389 views)
Shortcut

Oh, here it is..she looks very skinny n small huh ? So much difference with hair n nearly bald..hehe
Attachments: DSCN6495-small.JPG (55.7 KB)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 17, 2007, 11:42 PM

Post #19 of 70 (5387 views)
Shortcut

wah...she has grown a lot!!!! cant recognise her anymore....

well...she looks juz nice to me...not very skinny in the pic...much better than i would imagine a bald dog...

n one look at her, she looks a bit like sasha...hahahaha...

i think poodle look will definitely looks good on her...

but i think u must make her wear some shirts esp at nite so that she won catch a cold...

i think she has grown more compared to sheena...not much diff in sheena except slightly bigger in size nia...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 18, 2007, 12:13 AM

Post #20 of 70 (5385 views)
Shortcut

Pirate arghhh...she look sooo naked........Pirate

hahahahaha....must be really cooling for her huh and suddenly must be feeling lighter too.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

goofydip
Veteran

Apr 18, 2007, 1:03 AM

Post #21 of 70 (5382 views)
Shortcut

ooo...very naked ler...hehehe...but still very nice looking ler..yeah..remember to put clothes on her at night..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2007, 7:16 AM

Post #22 of 70 (5378 views)
Shortcut

Haha thanks for the compliment, i tot i would get a shock when i went to pick her up but now she dont look so bad, can check out the cute side of her..hehe.

Nana is not sleeping with me in the room already, we placed her crate outside my room, this is one of the methods we are trying to train her not to be so dependant on me cos she still whines every morning when i left for work but recently her whining not so bad until like jumping up n down in her crate lor, just soft whinings..

We just turn on the fan for her so i didnt really wear any clothings for her at night for the weather is still pretty warm leh these days except for the rainy Monday..

Steffy, yeah she is really light now and bouncier, without her hair, she dun seems to be jumping leh, more of bouncing around n she can really bounce up my bed n our living room chair already..hehe..

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 18, 2007, 11:06 PM

Post #23 of 70 (5375 views)
Shortcut

hahaha really yah.....i realised rascal jumps around more when he had his coat all shaved off the last time. So now, he doesnt jump as much cos got too much fur already. heavier liao....hahaha either that, it's plain LAZY! Wink

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2007, 12:40 AM

Post #24 of 70 (5368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] hurray [In reply to] Can't Post

Steffy, think the reason Nana jump on my bed or on the couch is because we have food on our hand, shes jumping trying to get it..very greedy GAL..at times Nana would really run around madly and non-stop until she's tired...and i was told this happens to most puppies and only in puppy stage..

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 19, 2007, 6:21 PM

Post #25 of 70 (5358 views)
Shortcut

hehehehe...it's fun to see them run like crazy, isn;t it? hahahah...i enjoy seeng my 3 gals run like crazy..they do it almost every nite...esp sze ern..she loves it very much! not very sure if it's only during puppy stage...but mayb as they grow older, guess won't run that much d coz no strength kua...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my