8 weeks old POO POO

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 17, 2007, 11:18 PM

Post #26 of 33 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

really ah? good dog food tend to produce smelly poo? how come ah?

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 19, 2007, 8:28 PM

Post #27 of 33 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

too much protein kua...Sly

Ok need some new enlightment on Gizmo poo poo..... Unimpressed

Now....his first round of poo poo is firm like rascal's poo poo....that he will still do just outside the toilet and run into toilet to pee.Crazy Just now it's closer to the toilet tiles but still not in the toilet.

Then in the evening when I take Rascal out for his business, I also take Gizmo out on leash. Gizmo see rascal poo, he also will force himself to poo. This time around, his poo is like a paste and super stinky. Then just as I thought he is done, he continues to squat and force out even more poo which is by now slimy and no solids in it. Like pooing out mucus with little granules of whatever he has left in his colon. Is this normal?

Since its like mucus like thingy right, some will get stuck at his anus and he will rub his ass on the ground just to get the slimy thing off. I'll be taking him to the vet this sunday, and if this problem continues by then, i'll tell the vet. But till then, is this something that requires immediate vet attention or just normal weird puppy behavior.

Any advise or at any idea what is that slimy thing and is forcing himself too hard to poo?

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 19, 2007, 9:15 PM

Post #28 of 33 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha...gizmo is so cute....force himself too poo because rascal pooed...well...i nvr encounter this before...but i know that once a while pups poo will be soft and watery..but as long as they are eating well and active, don think there's anythg to worry about...

i guess u can still wait till you consult the vet...

sorry coz i couldn;t help much...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 20, 2007, 12:26 AM

Post #29 of 33 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

awww....no prob jess, that was more than enough help....at least another voice to reconfirm my own thoughts that he is ok. But shitting mucus leh.....just doesnt look right to me lah..

apart of that, he is eating well, sleeping well, playing well and definitely whinning well too. In fact both the 2 fellas buang tabiat. I caught rascal eating his food and this fella eating rascal's food. Puppy food more tasty meh? Gizmo like rascal's food because i think it's slightly harder and hence crunchier than his puppy food. But I donnu why rascal is eating gizmo's food........crazy fella........last time eat Pelan Sains until he rather starved himself for days, then only change to bil-jac mah.........now, wanna eat pelan sains again......why ah? Nostalgic taste is it? Hahahaha

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 20, 2007, 1:08 AM

Post #30 of 33 (1018 views)
Shortcut

hahaha..mayb to him it's something new and different from what he is currently taking...dats why he likes it lo..but only for a few days nia la...trust me..soon, he'l go back to his own food...sasha was like dat too initially...go n makan sheena;s food (nutrisource) n sheena eating her food (blackwood)...but now, i let them all hv the same brand (blackwood)..easier...hahahah

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 20, 2007, 7:12 AM

Post #31 of 33 (1016 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Any advise or at any idea what is that slimy thing and is forcing himself too hard to poo?

Normal & no need to worry.

goofydip
Veteran

Apr 20, 2007, 6:56 PM

Post #32 of 33 (1013 views)
Shortcut

steffy,i think every dog acts like this towards food after i read both urs n jess's post. bcoz goofy and scooby act like this too every weekend when we go back hometown... goofy will go and eat scooby's royal canin n scooby will go n eat goofy's innova..at 1st we thought scooby love it, so i left a big packet for him lor coz scooby is very choosy and always refuse to eat his food, then since he love it so much, we try to change it so that he got better appetite..then after few days when we went back up to cameron highlands, my sis called me up n said scooby again refuses to eat, touch a bit, then dun eat anymore...so they change back royal canin for him, he started to eat again like usual, little by little lor, back again when goofy and i come back on weekend, scooby fight for goofy's innova again!!! every weekend the same, scooby really sot sot one lar...touch wood la, if goofy picky like scooby, i'll pengsan lor..i also started to scared la..yesterday goofy didn't touch his food whole day, at night after i close my shop, he vomit yellowish liquid in front of me, i thaught he's hungry, so i gave him cesar to open his appetite lo, he ate it slow slow lo..now still ok..i really scared he started to act stubborn like scooby (rather dun eat bcoz dun like the food)..then get sick..scooby last time tried b4 ar..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 20, 2007, 7:44 PM

Post #33 of 33 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

wahh really normal ah.........then ok lah....cos today also same thing...poo until transparent slimy mucus comes out...... since so many confirm it's normal, then should be ok lah.

so until when would i be expecting such slimy mucus? As they grow older, auto poo hardening effect takes place is it?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my