8 weeks old POO POO

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 12, 2007, 8:18 PM

Post #1 of 33 (3668 views)
Shortcut
8 weeks old POO POO Can't Post

Aiyo....guys i need some advise lah. Pirate The story is LONGGG but to cut it short my friend dump an 8 weeks old ACS with me to pet sit while he is away on Emergency on call to off-shore. Well he didnt exactly dump it on me instead, he asked my bf and my bf is a dog fanatic went to say YES to him. Now I'm dead with 2 ACS at home. Pirate From what I heard from my bf, my friend knew this person who has 2 ACS at home and accidentally got the female pregnant and now got about 4-5 puppies. All puppies got cert cos parents got cert and the owners didnt want to let it go to waste lah since the req is that parents must have certs only puppies can have certs mah. Sad thing is, the bitch is rejecting the pups, not allowing them to nurse on her and so all of them was raised with milk powder formulated by the vet. Luckily all survived very well and the owners manage to secure homes for most of them. In fact all given to family members lah. They didnt sell any cos they felt it wasnt right since they had no intention at all to breed any puppies. So my friend got one lor.......and he knew i was thinking of getting another dog but not yet mah........whatever it is, whether or not I will keep the pup or give back to him when he gets back, thats another story lah.

Now...my big problem.... MALE, 8 weeks old, already on solid food (Science Plan since the original owners are feeding that to their dogs), eating 3 times a day (thats what my friend tells me to do) but the fellas POO...AIYOO like berak cair lah.......Pirate How ah? Suppose to be like that? Or the deworming taking effect? I believe the small fella just had his deworming tabs last week and is due for a 3rd jab sometime end of the month. I never handled such a young pup before, I donnu what his poo is suppose to be like. Rascal never berak cair before since I got him at 5 months old. And at 5 months old, rascal was very fleshy already. This one.....AIYOOOOO can feel his backbone and ribs mannn....i also so scared to carry the fella...... Any way to fatten the fella up ah? Crazy or just leave it and he will fatten up on his own.

The small fella's poo is soooo SMELLY that even Rascal runs 10 miles away to hide. And how's rascal taking his new buddy in. BAD BAD BAD.........not bad as in rascal will attack the small one, rascal is SCARED TO DEATH of the small one. The small one wanna play with Rascal, he run like crazy and try to hide anywhere he can fit his body into.

Aiyoo how lah.....imagine I went back to this nightmare yesterday evening. I saw rascal hiding in a corner of the house, his ears half soaked wet from his saliva and this another miniature version of him biting and tugging on his toy.

Anyone can tell me when would I be expecting firm and moist stool from the smaller one and how to get that? Food tak ngam the fella? Just a phase I have to sit it out? Btw, the puppy was born on 9/2/2007. That's what I saw on the vac. records. And worst of all, the small fella got no name yet! My friend ask me to think for him.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 12, 2007, 8:33 PM

Post #2 of 33 (3665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

Now...my big problem.... MALE, 8 weeks old, already on solid food (Science Plan since the original owners are feeding that to their dogs), eating 3 times a day (thats what my friend tells me to do) but the fellas POO...AIYOO like berak cair lah.......Pirate How ah? Suppose to be like that? Or the deworming taking effect? It could be deworming if this continue today you can give the pup "scouban" remember just a small amount (2-3drop). I believe the small fella just had his deworming tabs last week and is due for a 3rd jab sometime end of the month. 3rd Jab!!! at 8 weeks old it should be at 1st Jab not 3rd Jab!!! The Jab schedule should be like this 7weeks, 11weeks & 14weeks. I never handled such a young pup before, I donnu what his poo is suppose to be like. Rascal never berak cair before since I got him at 5 months old. And at 5 months old, rascal was very fleshy already. This one.....AIYOOOOO can feel his backbone and ribs mannn....i also so scared to carry the fella...... Any way to fatten the fella up ah? Crazy or just leave it and he will fatten up on his own.

The small fella's poo is soooo SMELLY that even Rascal runs 10 miles away to hide. And how's rascal taking his new buddy in. BAD BAD BAD.........not bad as in rascal will attack the small one, rascal is SCARED TO DEATH of the small one. The small one wanna play with Rascal, he run like crazy and try to hide anywhere he can fit his body into. First time seeing such a small creature LOL

Aiyoo how lah.....imagine I went back to this nightmare yesterday evening. I saw rascal hiding in a corner of the house, his ears half soaked wet from his saliva and this another miniature version of him biting and tugging on his toy.

Anyone can tell me when would I be expecting firm and moist stool from the smaller one and how to get that? Food tak ngam the fella? Just a phase I have to sit it out? Btw, the puppy was born on 9/2/2007. That's what I saw on the vac. records. And worst of all, the small fella got no name yet! My friend ask me to think for him.Just keep and eyes on this little fellow. If the poopoo still watery after giving him 'scouban' you need to bring him to a vet "ASAP"!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 12, 2007, 9:01 PM

Post #3 of 33 (3658 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha...can imagine you and rascal freaking out since this is your first time handling such a small pup...chrisong is rite....how could it possibly be 3rd jab? at 8 weeks old, it should be 1st jab nia...

well...it's quite normal for such a small pup to hv soft n watery poo esp after deworming or jab...u hv to monitor closely...sheena was like dat too after deworming...better make sure that he is active...

yup..you'l tend to feel the rib n bones esp for small pups...nothing to worry about...they'l get fleshy as they grow...

your description on the encounter of rascal and the MALE reminds me of sze ern n sheena on the first few weeks sheena was home...sze ern was so scared at sheena too...n will run away n would not let sheena touch her at all...hahahahah...give them time to get used to each other...monitor them closely when they are together....very soon, i believe rascal n the pup will stick together like sze ern n sheena now....best sista d...Wink

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 12, 2007, 9:07 PM

Post #4 of 33 (3657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

YAY....chris tai kor to my rescue!!!!

ok ok...i'm looking at the vac chart my friend pass to me. I think its second jab cos there is a date on it says 22/3....then there is another date says 22/4 and my friend told me that's the date have to go for another jab. I donnu lah second of third. Looks like second to me but my friend tell me 3rd. Crazy But definitely not 7 weeks lah.....HAHAHAHAH that fella just only 2 months sudah kena jab and deworm already. Well if the puppy goes back to him then he will take it for jab on 22/4. If i'm taking it, then I would have to do it lah. Aiyoo i'll take him if rascal doesnt behave the way he is behaving lah. If rascal warms up to the puppy, let the puppy follow hima round and play with him, then sure i'll take it already if my friend gives it to me. But now rascal acts like that, how lah....will they bond with time ah? Rascal is not just scared, he is TERRIFIED of the fella lah. Crazy

SCOUBAN??? where to get that? Pet shop ah? Ok wait...how should an 8 weeks old puppy poo looks like....as firm and moist like rascals (14months) or softer, more watery like a paste? Or should it be as firm and moist as rascal's just narrower in diameter and shorter in length? And the smell.......how ah? As the grow older, poo poo less smelly or what?

This small fella just wanna tag along with the older one and the older one just doesnt want him to tag along at all. So when the smaller one doesnt see the older one around, AIYOOO make sooo much noise.....keep crying and whining and god knows what elselah. But the minute rascal turn up, he doesnt even have to go up to the small fella, just appear in the small one's sight, immediately shut up wor...as long as he can see rascal, he will keep quiet. Crazy aiyo why like that ah.....too early take away from parents is it? Rascal also another one lah, totally wont layan the small one at all, totally don wan to try and calm the small one down when that lil one is crying on top of his lungs. Rascal can still sleep under the table away from his sight. Crazy

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 12, 2007, 9:37 PM

Post #5 of 33 (3654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] 8 weeks old POO POO [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyoo very tau tia u know....this one like blank sheet of paper....not even toilet train....so have to put him in his box and put newspaper lor.....but the good thing is ah...if he does it in the box, he kua kua ciao one.....cry like no tomorrow whether or not rascal is around. Then we know already, sudah got business on his newspaper. Crazy Then if big business, rascal will run to the furthest end of the house lah and that small one lagi ler bising....aiyoo... Crazy

Besides his stool being soft and watery, he is active lah....keep wanting to chase Rascal and rascal keep going downstairs and don wanna come back up. He rather sleep at the stairs then to come up cos he know the small one cannot get him at the stairs. Jealous...i don think rascal is jealous lah....he just wants to be left alone....i think he is more annoyed with the presence of the small one. He cant sleep in peace cos the other one keep crying, he cant breath fresh air whenever the small one poos, he cant get his nap in peace cos the small one kept wanting to get close to him.....hahahahahah i think rascal is acting like sze ern last time. Crazy

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 12, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #6 of 33 (3651 views)
Shortcut

"Scouban" you can get it at petshops. If you can't find it you can get Virbac forgot how to spell the name "Diaslxxx" something like thatBlush

That mean the pup got her first Jab at the age of 6 weeks old. To me is abit too early for injection.

The pup poo(firm) should be smaller in diameter compare with your Rascal

I am sure Rascal will get use to this small fellow very soon. Don't worry.

Regarding about your pup cert. Did the person already submitted the form before the mating & birth of the pups?

Did the pup have microchip already?

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 12, 2007, 11:08 PM

Post #7 of 33 (3647 views)
Shortcut

Ok...will try the petshop near my workplace later...... Wink

The pup got microchip lah...start with 458xxx cant remember the rest. Can remember 458 cos same no like my cousin's car....i remember my whole family scold him for taking that no....458 in cantonese is die die wont get rich what. Hahahaha

Bout his cert, I also donnu much lah....all my friend told me is parents got cert so they got apply for puppies also. Whether or not they did it correctly, i donnu lah. Hahahaha....but they got tell his parents that when the cert is here, they will contact them lor. Aiya....ppl giving their pups away for free, where dare to pester for cert somemore wor..... somemore pedigree pups ok...Unimpressed

I got ask my friend (see if he is lying to me...haha Sly) how come they don sell their pups...i mean even if its a few hundred ringgit, just to help them cover their costs. His parents told him, that this would be the first and last batch of litter, they don wan the female to give birth anymore so they will spay her once she recovers.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 12, 2007, 11:21 PM

Post #8 of 33 (3647 views)
Shortcut

-aik- double post pulak....

(This post was edited by steffy1811 on Apr 12, 2007, 11:29 PM)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2007, 1:33 AM

Post #9 of 33 (3638 views)
Shortcut

hhahaha..rascal is behaving exactly like sze ern...no worries....they will be fond of each other soon...juz give them some time...last time, sze ern also will always stay on the bed or on the chair where sheena cant get her...hahahahha...but one thing good is sheena doesn;t whine la if she doesn't see sze ern...unlike the pup...

wah...can imagine them driving u crazy...hehehheehe..but no worries la..normally all this problem will subside by 1-2 weeks time...just wait n see lor...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #10 of 33 (3628 views)
Shortcut

Guess what happened this morning....Pirate I got up, took the small fella to the bathroom and let him hang around there and he peed lor so I praise him and carry him back to the box cos he never show signs of pooing mah..... Then took rascal down to pee in the garden and as usual rascal will crawl into his cage to continue sleeping.

Since i noticed rascal is starting to warm up to the small one, not so terrified already lah, let the small one walk up to him but still don let the small one lie on him wor....so I put both of them in rascal's cage. The cage is big enough to fit a retriever in it so definitely enough space for 2 ACS mah.....at first rascal was ok, both also ok, Never make noise, both found their comfort zone. Then i left for work lor.....

Reached office, my bf called said both making noise like crazy.....Small one making noise cos he shit in the cage, big one making noise cos the small one shit in his cage. And as u all know, rascal will never pee/poo in his cage at all. So my bf caught rascal trying to keep the small one away from the poo by pushing him him away. Donnu if that was out of concern or selfishness.....hahah concern as in don wan the small one to get dirty and smelly or selfish as don wan to small one to get dirty and wait walk all over his cage. Hahahaha

Well me, my bf, the original owner of probably 3 days and my housemates have narrowed the search of names down to Ruffi or Ruffy (short of ruffian) or Gizmo. Since one already named Rascal, so i thought we should get one of that category too. Rufian = Bully.......hahahahahaha Gizmo just popped out this morning. My housemate thought of that. Hahahaha....

BTW, 8 weeks can train to sit or not? Hahaha what about Come Here? Actually so young, what can they learn besides doing their business at the right spot?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2007, 6:29 PM

Post #11 of 33 (3627 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha..can imagine rascal's look when he saw the young one shit in his cage...hehehehehe...anyway, i would advise not to put them in the same cage so soon...you never know what might happen....at least not until you are 100% sure that they are really ok with each other...

hey...Gizmo sounds nice..i like it....

u can train lotsa stuff with the young ones besides housetraining...yup...sit, come, down n stay...these basic training can be taught as young as 8 weeks old...no worries..but remember to keep it short n simple..they could hardly concentrate long enuf...but teach one thing at one time..wait till they master it...i taught 'sit' n come when sheena was 8 weeks old...it's easy to teach her that bcoz she is very greedy when it comes to food...heheheheWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2007, 7:35 PM

Post #12 of 33 (3622 views)
Shortcut

Actually....i think its ok lah....i have been leaving them together in the same cage for extended period of time. Like from 10mins to 30mins to 1 hr. The longest they have been together was 2 hrs yesterday night and nothing happened lah. Just came back to the small fella happily tearing apart newspapers lor and Rascal looked at him as if "woi....you're dirtying my cage leh".

My housemate msged me just now saying the small one is tugging on to rascal super big rawhide which my friend in the US mailed over. The rawhide is bigger and heavier than the puppy now and he is happily chewing on it. Probably hugging it to sleep by now. Wink I think I would have to go and get some puppy treats later today. Dont think I should be feeding Beggin' Strips to a 8 weeks old pup right? Hahahaha

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 13, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #13 of 33 (3620 views)
Shortcut

dat small fella really sounds cute....any pic of him? would love to see his pic...

ermmm...i think beggin' strip shud b fine too..but don give him the whole piece la...give him a very small portion will do....i gave to sheena dat too when i trained her..n sometimes, i use pear, carrot etc as treat too...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2007, 9:35 PM

Post #14 of 33 (3619 views)
Shortcut

Aiya...i think i'll save the best as a last resort....hahah for now, i'll just go get some puppy biscuits. Eh cannot get milk biscuits here ah? I used to give rascal that when he was younger. Eat biscuits until don work already only use jerkies. Hahahaha

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2007, 9:57 PM

Post #15 of 33 (3616 views)
Shortcut

Better avoid treat at such a young age.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2007, 10:17 PM

Post #16 of 33 (3610 views)
Shortcut

argh...really ah??? then what age only should start the treat and learn trick? Tongue

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2007, 12:46 AM

Post #17 of 33 (3601 views)
Shortcut

yup..i think u can get it at ikano pet safari...i bought the milk biscuit there too...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 16, 2007, 4:50 AM

Post #18 of 33 (3591 views)
Shortcut

You can start training your pup now. Start calling her name first. One thing at a time don't train her with many trick as it will confuse your pup. Using dog food kibble as treat can already.

Even on adult dog. Better give less treat to them as its not a nutrition food for them. Treat for dog is like a junk food for human.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 17, 2007, 12:56 AM

Post #19 of 33 (3578 views)
Shortcut

Haha true true....that's why so many ppl are addicted to Junk Food. Hahaha that's why Pacific Foods (mamee and double decker and many more factory) is doing so well!!

I'll use kibbles then. But Gizmo (the smaller one) always tries to get rascal's food. Rascal's feeding bowl is elevated about 6inches off the ground. Rascal is eating Innova Evo mah, Gizmo is taking Science Plan since that's what the original owners feed, so I'm sticking on to that for now lah. Gizmo tries all his might to get into Rascal's food bowl and eat his food. Crazy

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 17, 2007, 3:53 AM

Post #20 of 33 (3571 views)
Shortcut

Since you feeding EVO make sure you don't over feed your dog. High in protein will cause heaty some dog will develop pimple.

You got it EVO from SS2 Mrs. Chui?

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 17, 2007, 7:40 PM

Post #21 of 33 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Yah....i give rascal about 3/4cups a day for his 15kg size. Sometimes I'll give less if i give him treats. I'll get it from Mrs Chui when this pack finishes. This current pack I got from OUG since I worked there last time. Now no longer in OUG so SS2 is closer liao lor.

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 17, 2007, 7:44 PM

Post #22 of 33 (3558 views)
Shortcut

Your dog weight 3 times heavier compare with my 1 SilkyShocked LOL

Ya. 3/4cup a day should be the right amount for 15KG weightWink

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 17, 2007, 8:08 PM

Post #23 of 33 (3557 views)
Shortcut

Hahahaha....yea lah...i know he's more than 10kg but less than 20kg...so rough est. 15kg lor....aiyo....carry the fella until my back also pain. Hahahaahah....

Btw...back to Gizmo's poo poo...nowadays, sometimes he poo firm, but sometimes still soft but not watery anymore. It's like his colon didnt absorb all the water content yet, he sudah poo all out. Say maybe in 1 day he will poo one time solid stool, 1 time soft stool. So how now? Considered ok or not good news? Usually soft stool more than solid stool. Or maybe it just seems that way.

Then another problem, Gizmo tends to poo just outside the toilet. It's like he cannot tahan his poo from one end of the room to the toilet so let go everything just outside the toilet. Then he'll go into the toilet to pee. But if i carry him to the toilet, he will pee and poo all in the toilet. Only when I let him roam around then only he will shit just outside the toilet. Happened 2 times already, so is it really he cannot tahan then let it all go there and then or it's becoming a habit?

And gizmo poo very smelly lah.....especially the soft ones, the firm ones are ok, no smell but the soft ones...aiyoo i think ants also can die from smelling it. Anything to do with the food? I'm putting this OxyFresh thing into their water bowl to help with the urine odor and breath odor. But that doesnt seem to help with Gizmo's poo. So does it have to do with his food? Should I start changing now? My friend supplied a 1.5KG bag lah....and at the rate Gizmo is eating (25g each feed, 50g a day for his 1.3kg weight), this bag of food will last for quite some time still.

Everytime Gizmo poo or pee on the floor, i'll find rascal up on the couch or sitting on the stairs, away from the same level as the crime scene. Gizmo still cannot climb stairs. hahahahaah Tongue

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 17, 2007, 8:38 PM

Post #24 of 33 (3556 views)
Shortcut

Btw...back to Gizmo's poo poo...nowadays, sometimes he poo firm, but sometimes still soft but not watery anymore. It's like his colon didnt absorb all the water content yet, he sudah poo all out. Say maybe in 1 day he will poo one time solid stool, 1 time soft stool. So how now? Considered ok or not good news? Usually soft stool more than solid stool. Or maybe it just seems that way. What dog food you feeding Gizmo? Innova also?

Then another problem, Gizmo tends to poo just outside the toilet. It's like he cannot tahan his poo from one end of the room to the toilet so let go everything just outside the toilet. Then he'll go into the toilet to pee. But if i carry him to the toilet, he will pee and poo all in the toilet. Only when I let him roam around then only he will shit just outside the toilet. Happened 2 times already, so is it really he cannot tahan then let it all go there and then or it's becoming a habit? Gizmo still a pup. One or two time mistake are normal. Even my adult dogs sometime also poo outside the tray.

And gizmo poo very smelly lah.....especially the soft ones, the firm ones are ok, no smell but the soft ones...aiyoo i think ants also can die from smelling it. Anything to do with the food? I'm putting this OxyFresh thing into their water bowl to help with the urine odor and breath odor. But that doesnt seem to help with Gizmo's poo. So does it have to do with his food? Should I start changing now? My friend supplied a 1.5KG bag lah....and at the rate Gizmo is eating (25g each feed, 50g a day for his 1.3kg weight), this bag of food will last for quite some time still. There is no products out there that can help to stop smelly poo or pee. Its all depend on the dog food you are feeding. Good dog food produce smelly poo (some might not agree with me). But you can try Alpx or supermarket brand then observe their poo & pee.

Everytime Gizmo poo or pee on the floor, i'll find rascal up on the couch or sitting on the stairs, away from the same level as the crime scene. Gizmo still cannot climb stairs. hahahahaah Tongue Gizmo sleep downstair or in your room? Slowly teach him lor. Once Gizmo master the technique on how to climb the stair I am sure you will have headache all the time. Puppy tend to be misbehave LOL Soft Poos at the stairs Hahaha Rascal don't don't know where to hide liao

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 17, 2007, 10:18 PM

Post #25 of 33 (3554 views)
Shortcut

No wor...gizmo is eating Pelan Sains........hahahahah but i will change later on if his poo continue to stink that BADDD..........i think rascal also can pengsan. hahahaha

Aiyo so nothing can be done about the smelly poo poo lah......let's hope it doesnt get worst as he grows older. Hahahaha if not i'll try ur suggestion...start with the smallest and cheapest brand first. Hahahahaha then progress from there. Well at least I know for sure, if tak ngam with the small one, Rascal will wallop everything. I'll just mix into his food. Hahaha so no wastage. Tongue

Gizmo sleeps in his plastic box in my room. So i carry him upstairs and carry him downstairs while rascal happily runs up and down. Hahahaha.....yeah guess would have to go slow and steady. Kinda hoping Gizmo will learn a trick or two by observing rascal lor. Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my