Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Where to go for walks

mustlovedog
Novice

Apr 9, 2007, 8:55 AM

Post #1 of 13 (1914 views)
Shortcut
Where to go for walks Can't Post

I live in Damansara Utama and takes my dogs for walks in the neighbourhood. However recently I found that walking round and round the little playground is insufficient and boring. So I took my 2 dogs (well behaved and leashed) for a walk up Bukit Kiara in TTDI. Most of the other walkers smiled and some even say hi to my dogs.. but on the second day, 2 guys told me that dogs are not allowed on the trail. I do not see any notices put up to say dogs are not allowed but I dare not challenge them as I'm new kid on the block.

Can anyone verify that information that dogs are not allowed. It's a public road, is it not?

If so, can anyone suggest where is a good place to go?

many thanks.

(This post was edited by mustlovedog on Apr 9, 2007, 8:57 AM)

beclipse80
Novice

Apr 9, 2007, 6:20 PM

Post #2 of 13 (1908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mustlovedog] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I have the same problem. I'm staying at Damansara Perdana and sometimes I want to bring my dog out for a walk but can't seem to find any places that allow dogs. Even brought her to a playground park at Section 17 but noticed that the parks there do not allow dogs. so frustating. Why can't Malaysia have some parks that allow dog owners to bring their dogs out for a nice stroll? Mad

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 9, 2007, 7:58 PM

Post #3 of 13 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Yes that trail already no dogs allowed place few years back

aDrienna
Novice

Apr 9, 2007, 10:04 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1893 views)
Shortcut

Hi

I am staying at Damansara Perdana as well.. facing the same problem.. sigh... NEED HELP!

So good if I am in HK or S'pore...

Bruno & Mummy, Adrienna

mustlovedog
Novice

Apr 10, 2007, 1:58 AM

Post #5 of 13 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

This is so unfair. Dogs have been loyal and providing great service to the police force, disabled, sick, young and old. And the authorities ban them from having some exercise in a natural environment. Something is not right here.

Does anyone have any suggestion on good places to go? Wonder if the guards will stop me if I take my furry kids up the private road to KLGCC.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 10, 2007, 6:32 PM

Post #6 of 13 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beclipse80] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

You can walk your dog up the dirt track leading from Perdana View to Bandar Sri Damansara. Lots of space there for doggie to romp at the moment, until they actually start developing the area. I let my dog go off leash there. Another place is the old quarry, on the way to Flora. Again, your dog can go off leash there. Actually Damansara Perdana is a very dog friendly place. I have lunch or breakfast sometimes at 8888 with doggie and twice I've sat on the terrace at Friendster café with doggie, a number of other dog owners AND their doggies.

And what's wrong with just walking the dog along the pavement? There're easily a good few km of that in the area and it's quite well maintained. But please pick up after doggie.

beclipse80
Novice

Apr 10, 2007, 6:54 PM

Post #7 of 13 (1865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your suggestions. I have thought of walking my dog on the pavement but worried too cos there are quite a lot of our muslim friends staying in Damansara Perdana and Flora. Not too familiar with the dirt track from Perdana View to Bandar Sri Damansara though..but will check it out soon. Thanks again.

kennei1
Novice

Apr 10, 2007, 7:05 PM

Post #8 of 13 (1860 views)
Shortcut

hi pangurban, you have any idea where to go for walks in Bukit Jalil area. There is a big park near the Berjaya Golf resort but pets are prohibited in.

aDrienna
Novice

Apr 10, 2007, 8:33 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1851 views)
Shortcut

Hei

Thanks ya.. not sure where s the area. But will find out.

Ya, agreed with beclispe80, our muslim friends are quite sensitive. Luckly my modern muslim housemate r ok with Bruno, he loves to play with him.

Same here, been to Friendster Cafe for a few times with my furkid . As long as they are well behaved. its oK.

Anymore suggestions?

Bruno & Mummy, Adrienna

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 10, 2007, 9:02 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aDrienna] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

easy to find ler. Just walk up the main road until you get to perdana view on your left and giorgio armani on your right. The tarmac will end there and a dirt track veers right up the hill. Just follow the track until you come to some fence made of corrugated zinc painted green and veer left there up the hill then down again.

I would advise you to keep your dog on leash when you approach the green fence because there's a sort of watchman there who keeps a mutt. The mutt doesn't seem at all aggressive but you don't want any trouble.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 10, 2007, 9:03 PM

Post #11 of 13 (1843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennei1] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

no idea. too far away from where I live although I occasionally drive through on my way to sri kembangan

Horley2002
New User

Apr 25, 2007, 2:27 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennei1] Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

kennei1, i walked my dog a few time at the park opp medical school .... so far ok ... no one has step up and confronted me yet but if they do i will surely ask them where is the sign that say no dog...Blush

Lavanyalatha
Novice

Apr 27, 2007, 10:54 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: Where to go for walks [In reply to] Can't Post

Hellio my frens,
I'm from Melaka and am totally clueless as to where I shud bring my gsd for a walk, she is securely leashed and wud like to take her off her leash but I've nvr done tht bef and I'm scared of her reactions...any advice?

In Reply To
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my