Apr 2, 2002, 11:46 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2760 views)
Shortcut
Where to train my puppy? Can't Post

hi everyone,

I just bought in a German Shepherd puppy,
Female, dob:05/01/02 named: Jamie.

i wanted to train her to stand, stay, come , go and especially where to "berak"

i'm currently looking 4 traning centre (cheap), but i hv no idea and i'm not sure wether is it suitable to train her now! coz, she's gonna be 3 months and on 16/04 she will hv her 3rd injection! is it too small to train?

now, when she sees me, she will be very excited and keep on jumping on me, i don't want her to act like this! how to solve this problem?

10Q u all in advance!
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 3, 2002, 1:00 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Where to train my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Serene, where are you from? If you don't state your whereabouts I'm afraid no one is able to point out a suitable location of a training centre for you Crazy

For basic commands such as sit, stay, come etc....you can do it yourself at home....I started training my puppy when he was about 3 mths old as well and no it's never too early for a basic training. Just keep the session short as puppies do not hv long attention span. Use treats or toys depending on what ticks your puppy off to get her to do what you want. Try a 10 minute session everyday so that she will become familiar to the commands. The most important thing is consistency, consistency.

Not advisable to send your puppy for outside training when she hasn't completed her vaccination yet. If you take the time to browse around the forum, I'm sure you will find helpful tips on training puppies including housebreaking

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 4, 2002, 5:05 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2737 views)
Shortcut

You are from Klang - Selangor -
Perhaps following information will help.
If you are looking for basic training for your GSD puppy, then MKA (Malaysian Kennel Association) is your best bet. The fees ( RM 100.00 ) for the basic course consisting of some 12 lessons is relatively cheap for members. But you must be a member first. And this is what you have to do.
Contact MKA Tel:77292027 and ask for a membership application form or visit their office at No.8 Jalan Tun Mohd. Faud Dua, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail. 60000 Kuala Lumpur. or better still send them a Fax message 77282312 and ask them to fax you an application form.
Once you have received this application form, fill up all required details and submit with RM100 as entrance fees and RM55.00 as annual subscription. If you join now, your annual subscription is only RM27.50 and in August 31st which is their financial year you will have to renew your membership at RM55.00
As soon as you have been accepted as a member, you are the Queen of Sheba, and you are entitled to all privileges, rights, events and activities of the Association. In addition, you will also receive magazines published by MKA.
From this point onwards, you will be able to ask. Ooi when and where is the the training class? It is held at Padang Merbok in P.J. near the Jalan Gasing/Jalan Othman roundabout.
I hope this will help. Perhaps our Rainbow will be able to enlighten you with more details, as I understand she has enrolled herself in this class.
BTW, I do not recommend you to expose your GSD to the public until she has completed her final vaccination, even then you should wait until she is 5 - 6 months old before you start her training programme.
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Apr 4, 2002, 7:30 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Where to train my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope Derrick, you've pretty much covered everything....Smile

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

atom
Novice

Apr 4, 2002, 8:19 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Where to train my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Izzit a must that my dog haf the cert ?

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 4, 2002, 1:36 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [atom] Where to train my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pls ctx mka 4 further info

jason
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2002, 6:34 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [atom] Where to train my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

MKA will accept dogs with no MKA cert in the training classes but of course not in the show rings.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

plf
Novice

Apr 8, 2002, 7:24 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2706 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

An alternative for you.

I bought a RM51.90 book "Trainin Your German Shepherd Dog" written by Dan Rice, published by Barron's. The book is selling in MPH, mega mall.

Few hints from the book have been tried to my GSD and the result sounds pretty acceptable. The book also enlighten many knowledge about the characteristic and trainability of GSD. Watch up & is extreamly important! we must take note those things that you shall not do to a GSD puppy as the book said. Like your concern, the book show you how to handle when a puppy likes jumping up - by explaination of why like that and also teach you the tips to stop it. It is a very good and informative book about GSD, at least for me, who had zero knowledge about GSD 3 weeks ago.... Only paid RM51.90 and you will receive an expert, the author who is sharing with you, his vast and years accumulated knowledge. The infor is retrievable at anytime anywhere, likes a dictionary for me.

I still will plan to sent my GSD for a proper training class when he nears 6 month as reckoned by Derrick. Meantime, the book is the teacher.
PLF

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my