confuse

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Mar 17, 2007, 6:53 PM

Post #26 of 38 (884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

I do agree with u that using cloth is easier to clean up..i tried using those disposable kitchen towels n place it on top on newspaper so it would soak up nana's wee but end up nana got confuse where to wee, she sees floor mat on the floor also she went to do her business there..so i kinda remove the kitchen towels lor n just be content with newspapers n now nana's toilet training very good liao but if the newspaper has wee or poo on it hor, she wont do her business there one.. Unsure

So i had to prepare 2 places with newspaper, one in the toilet n one in the room when one place already soiled, she will go to the other place to do her business...hehe..still i need to constantly check on both places, if already soiled, i need to put fresh paper on top..if not she will pee n poo outside the newspapers Crazy

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 19, 2007, 9:56 PM

Post #27 of 38 (877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont really have time durin workin hrs to check so i toilet train zeus to do his business at my balcony's drain. so every evenin when im back home only rinse down the drainage piping towards the main sewerage :) u see i locked zeus up in my room with balcony access. if hot macome inside the room with fan lo, if sleepy ma sleep on the bed lo, if playful ma play his toys lo, if borin ma go chase birds outside at balcony lo...

ezekiel 25:17

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 19, 2007, 10:41 PM

Post #28 of 38 (873 views)
Shortcut

kewl....i'll do that when i get a room with balcony next time. Haha....

When i move to the new house in 2 weeks time, I hope to be successful in training rascal to be home-alone without being locked in the cage. One of my ultimate goal would be able to leave the whole house to him undestroyed! I've seen so many of friends manage to successfully leave the entire home to the dog and nothing is destroyed even though the fella is left alone from sunrise to sunset. That way, he gets more place to run around in and hence more exercise. HahahaaWink

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 20, 2007, 3:10 AM

Post #29 of 38 (869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

haha..thx Blush the only downfall of this type of trainin is...if ur stayin in a high crime rate area...the burglar need only open ur grill door cuz i have to leave the wooden door a slightly open jz enuff for zeus to move in & out. but my place is ok. both my neighbours pension ade everyday at home, will notice if somebody climb to our balcony area. furthermore i have a devil doggie Cool

was thinkin of custom made a doggie door later Cool

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Mar 20, 2007, 4:18 AM

Post #30 of 38 (866 views)
Shortcut

wow zeus really keng..not only smart but kuai also..for not destroying furnitures n ur stuffs at home. Tongue

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 20, 2007, 5:49 AM

Post #31 of 38 (864 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

When i move to the new house in 2 weeks time, I hope to be successful in training rascal to be home-alone without being locked in the cage. One of my ultimate goal would be able to leave the whole house to him undestroyed! I've seen so many of friends manage to successfully leave the entire home to the dog and nothing is destroyed even though the fella is left alone from sunrise to sunset. That way, he gets more place to run around in and hence more exercise. HahahaaWink

Then you need to spend more time with your furkid in the house. Let them loose when you in the house & monitor what they are doing. Correct him if he done something wrong. Leave him in the house alone for a short period of time then lengthen it. Example when you go out for breakfast just leave him loose in the house about an hour after breakfast when you come back your furniture still in one piece praise him & give him treat alot!!!

Is not easy to train a dog to be well behave loose inside your house for a long period of time. It take time, patient, and also money to buy new furniture (if you own a naugthy dog).

If I can do it so can you. My dogs own the house not meUnsure

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 20, 2007, 4:54 PM

Post #32 of 38 (862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
wow zeus really keng..not only smart but kuai also..for not destroying furnitures n ur stuffs at home. Tongue

he can be like an angel at home Angelic but he'l transform when he's outdoors

goofydip
Veteran

Mar 20, 2007, 6:16 PM

Post #33 of 38 (859 views)
Shortcut

sometimes after i closed my shop around 8 something, i'll go out dinner with my frens..sometimes i did bring goofy along and sometimes no..i wonder if he is throwing tentrums for not bringing him out or is he too playful..it happens tat if i dun bring him out, he'll ran sack his things..he won't destroy my furniture or my things, even if i leave my room door open..what he'll do is, he'll drag his bed dunno where or even over turn the bed and throw all his toys all over the living room and kitchen..but if i'm at home with him, he won't even try to pull his bed..even if i'm bc with my stuffs, he'll still play with himself with those toys and won't go over turn his things...or is it separation anxiety??

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 20, 2007, 11:48 PM

Post #34 of 38 (857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah yeah chris...i hope to do that soon too. You see I never had the chance to even start training him that way. When i was in US, i was renting an apt. And at that time, still in the process of housebreaking. So cannot let him go unsupervise at home.

When I came back, I tried doing that. Leaving him loose while i take a bath and all and he has been doing very well until the day i came home to torn leather shoes and broken zippers on a cushion pillow. So i scolded him and gave him more chew toys for him to play. He was perfectly good for like a week where i could leave him all by himself the whole afternoon until one day i came home to another pair of torn shoes and he was starting on rugs. That's when i didnt dare to leave him alone unsupervise anymore. Cos I'm scared he would start chewing on those priceless antique that my house is filled with. Then I'm dead lah....

Now i'm currently staying with way too many housemates. So letting him go unsupervise lagi ler out of the question. But when i move in to another house with just me, another girl and 2 other guys, i'll probably start trusting him again. Less ppl, less furniture, so less stuff to destroy. Hahaha..i know it takes a lot of time and patience, but i'll do it!

Once i've succesfully train this 'hantu' now at home, then i can get him a playmate liao. That way the other one will pickup from this one. Monkey See, Monkey Do, right!

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 21, 2007, 5:53 AM

Post #35 of 38 (851 views)
Shortcut

A well behave & obedience first dog you owned is the most important. Once you teach the first dog to be well behave your following dog that come to your home it will be very easy to train.

Good Luck in your quest to have your dog run loose in the house while you are awayWink

Lavanyalatha
Novice

Apr 27, 2007, 11:12 AM

Post #36 of 38 (812 views)
Shortcut

Howdy,

I have trained my GSD who is 1 1/2 y.o to poo and pee at a certain place but I seriously dunno why nowadays it has chosen a different place to pee and poo no matter how many times I have retrained her...any ideas?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

May 8, 2007, 10:51 PM

Post #37 of 38 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lavanyalatha] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

every time u kinda successful in potty trainin her, then outta a sudden she kinda lost it & start doin her business at other places??? each time that happens...try to think back, any changes from ur side...??? u bein a little bz, not givin her enuff attention, her losin appetite, her bein unwell, etc... probably she jz wants some attention...so jz monitor wat happens before she lost her toilet area & thats probably the answer to ur questions...if all this fails, go back to basics & train her again

cheers

eugene
Novice

May 10, 2007, 5:29 AM

Post #38 of 38 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lavanyalatha] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,;
my furkid had the same problems like yours, but lastly i found that this is may be due to the fllw reasons: 1.there is a rat came in my house
2. i din put a new piece of paper for him,he dun want to pee and poo on the used paper.

this 2 happen at the same time... in few days...when i noticed these happened,then i clean it up,then he is ok now.

may be u can check it out whether there are any changes in your house environment and let your furkid feel uncomfortable... Hope this can help:)

In Reply To

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my