confuse

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

wm5022
Novice

Mar 14, 2007, 10:03 PM

Post #1 of 38 (2728 views)
Shortcut
confuse Can't Post

Crazymy dog nw nt having prob wth poo cs he kno 2poo on cloth tat i prepare 4him...
d prob is how 2train it 2pee?it always pee on d floor..help me...........Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 14, 2007, 11:39 PM

Post #2 of 38 (2721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wm5022] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

how big is that piece of cloth?

My dog will never pee and poo on the same spot for you. He pee on the left side then sure must poo on the right. Sure will never do both business on the same side. He will give me the idiot look if I try to make him do both business within the same perimeter.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 12:22 AM

Post #3 of 38 (2720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

d size lik d size of star newspaper..
he never pee on it n js poo oli..tat d prob nw..is tat any help?

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 12:22 AM

Post #4 of 38 (2720 views)
Shortcut

d size lik d size of star newspaper..
he never pee on it n js poo oli..tat d prob nw..is tat any help?

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 15, 2007, 12:43 AM

Post #5 of 38 (2716 views)
Shortcut

That's why he never pees on it cos he poos on it. Hahaha...sorry lah dude...I really donnu.

Maybe ur dog is like mine, doesnt want to do both on the same perimeter.

Hopefully some sifus here might be able to shed u some light later on when they get back from work. Haha.

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 1:18 AM

Post #6 of 38 (2715 views)
Shortcut

ya hope soFrown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2007, 2:06 AM

Post #7 of 38 (2713 views)
Shortcut

ur doggie male / female ??? if male, is he stil markin his territory??? if he is, probably thats the reason he wouldnt need to mark his pooin place...

u can train him to pee on the same cloth located at the same area whr he poos. clean the pee with another cloth, dont rinse/wash...instead place the urine damped cloth on the cloth u used for its poos. leave it thr & bring ur doggie thr to get a sniff. leave the thing thr for few mins... later only clean up. do it a couple of times, it should be peein on the same spot ade.

good luck

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2007, 4:44 AM

Post #8 of 38 (2704 views)
Shortcut

Get a tray size 3ft x 4ft then lay down some newspaper on it. Train your dog pee & poo on newspaper not on cloth.

You are going to have nightmare if your dog are sleeping with you on the bed or your house floor lay with carpet. Your house is a big place for him to pee & poo

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 5:30 PM

Post #9 of 38 (2698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

wat u mean by marking teritory?

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 5:34 PM

Post #10 of 38 (2697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

yaya ith so cs ther lot of place wth carpet in my hs...
so nw i hv 2brg it 2d newspaper izzit?????Frown

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 15, 2007, 8:36 PM

Post #11 of 38 (2685 views)
Shortcut

yes lor if u wan to train him indoors. Chris is right. They will get confuse as to which 'cloth' he can or cannot do. To them a cloth is a cloth. It doesnt matter, if its the cloth u wan him to do its business on, or ur bedsheet, or rugs or towels or carpets. To them it's all the same. They are still DOGS ok...so don expect them to differentiate the pee/poo cloth and ur expensive ikea bathroom rug.

Same goes for those rawhides that are shaped into shoes. Looks cute lah....but i tell you it will give u nightmare if u get one of those for them to chew for long. In time to come, they will not differentiate ur Nike shoes and their rawhide shoes. Treats that resembles household items should by all means be avoided if you don wan ur furkid going around destroying stuff. If not........die lah. Crazy

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 16, 2007, 6:03 PM

Post #12 of 38 (2677 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
wat u mean by marking teritory? a male doggie liftin one of its hind legs & pees towards a wall, fencin, etc. this male doggie is markin his territory

thr are lotsa ways u can train ur doggie. wat chris & steff suggest is not to use the cloth & instead use newspaper. so u gotta decide urself.

me myself dont agree on newspaper, its dirty & not that green towards our environment. furthermore its more difficult to expose compared to the rinsin of a urine stained cloth. i use cloth, cloth & cloth only. zeus is 22mths now, he sleeps on my bed everynite since he's with me. never once did he pee on any of my bedsheets, clothes, socks, textile material, etc. even at a fren's hse with full carpetin, not once. even if i leave the cloth i use to clean his urine on the floor, he will not pee on the cloth.

its the understandin of ur doggie that u must master. the dream of havin a perfect doggie is impossible. everyone has their cheeky sides

good luck & cheers

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Mar 16, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #13 of 38 (2674 views)
Shortcut

hi,

like wat the rest said, you hv to make the call on where u wan your dogs to pee and poo....like my case, i hv 3 dogs at home n i'm staying in apartment...initially i tried newspaper too...find it too troublesome...so i decided to let them do their business in the toilet...easier for me to clean up....so all 3 of them are now toilet trained...

but again, it really depends on you..some ppl find newspaper easier, some prefer cloths, n some even prefer to brign the dogs out to do the business....so u find a way which you think is the most convenient for you...Wink

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Milosevic
Novice

Mar 16, 2007, 6:20 PM

Post #14 of 38 (2673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

Very true,

All the tips are just a guideline and at the end of the day, make sure all the technique suits with your lifestyle. Whatever works for you and your dog.Frown
woof woof

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 16, 2007, 8:08 PM

Post #15 of 38 (2667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi,

like wat the rest said, you hv to make the call on where u wan your dogs to pee and poo....like my case, i hv 3 dogs at home n i'm staying in apartment...initially i tried newspaper too...find it too troublesome...so i decided to let them do their business in the toilet...easier for me to clean up....so all 3 of them are now toilet trained...

but again, it really depends on you..some ppl find newspaper easier, some prefer cloths, i use cloths to train only, after zeus learns his allocated "toilet", no more cloths ade. btw...zeus also visit toilets when we're at other houses Wink n some even prefer to brign the dogs out to do the business....so u find a way which you think is the most convenient for you...Wink

goofydip
Veteran

Mar 16, 2007, 8:37 PM

Post #16 of 38 (2664 views)
Shortcut

wow...zeus is good huh..whenever i go back hometown, goofy would dunno where his toilet is..bcoz i toilet trained him here..he dunno which is the toilet at my hometown..same like jess, last time i would prefer newspaper to train him, but really troublesome and dirty oso..so at last i trained him in the toilet, and it is so much easier for me to clean up...

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 16, 2007, 9:22 PM

Post #17 of 38 (2659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

but it will only work with toilets with the toilet bowl...not the surface toilet Unimpressed

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 16, 2007, 10:27 PM

Post #18 of 38 (2656 views)
Shortcut

huh? got difference one meh?

I don get it. I thought they just go into the toilet and do it on the floor in the toilet. So what difference does it make with a sitting toilet bowl and a squatting one???

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2007, 11:22 PM

Post #19 of 38 (2654 views)
Shortcut

Vino, your dog must be very intelligent in choosing which cloth to pee & poo

goofydip
Veteran

Mar 16, 2007, 11:52 PM

Post #20 of 38 (2652 views)
Shortcut

yah....this reminds me when i bring him to my fren's house which their toilet got toilet bowl...he goes in immediately for his pee pee...this surprised me..whereas at my hometown, our toilet is those surface toilet...

i think the toilet bowl shows them that is the TOILET for them...Tongue

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 17, 2007, 12:24 AM

Post #21 of 38 (2651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

OHHHH like landmark is it.....now i get it.

I was thinking maybe I should train rascal to do it in the toilet too....but shake off the idea....cos I know once he knows he can do it in the toilet, that means I'll be lazier in walking him. Lazier to walk him hence both of us will grow fat. So not that great of an idea. At least now i got a reason to walk him everyday. Once I dont have that reason anymore, we'll both be couch potatoes at home. Aiyayaya....bad bad...

Both of us need to shed off some weight. Those CNY cookies are killing me and him too. Hahahahaha....

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 17, 2007, 2:15 AM

Post #22 of 38 (2647 views)
Shortcut

landmark...! thats the word i was tryin to use hahaha BOL ya it kinda works that way i guess, seems like zeus jz know whether he''s allowed to do business in thr or not by spottin the "landmark"

cheers

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 17, 2007, 2:18 AM

Post #23 of 38 (2645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] confuse [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Vino, your dog must be very intelligent in choosing which cloth to pee & poo

errmmm.,.. actually, i use cloth only in the potty trainin, upon abt 1 week of trainin, zeus knows whr he's allowed to pee/poo. so thr no need for cloths anymore. thats why i said its easier to clean up & not so messy. i very lazy throw newspaper & lay new ones, furthermore, zeus is a speedin bullet. so any form of paper on the ground will be flown away Laugh

cheers

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 17, 2007, 5:41 PM

Post #24 of 38 (2612 views)
Shortcut

hahahah speeding bullet....i can so imagine that....JRT dah lah small and so aerodynamically shaped, can run so fast somemore....hahahaha so really like speeding bullet lah.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 17, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #25 of 38 (2608 views)
Shortcut

BOL

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my