inquiry Can't Post

is ther toy poodle an easy train dog?Frown

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 12, 2007, 12:16 PM

Post #2 of 85 (2898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wm5022] inquiry [In reply to] Can't Post

Wise man says- every dogs has a mentality equivalent to 3- year old baby! Having said that, if you have the right technique and the right way to teach your dog, it does not matter if your dog is a German Shepard, Golden Lab, Pittbull or even a Poodle.

Getting a book, do you research in the Net or learn self-train technique will give you more full -filling rewards/ special bonding between the you and your dog. I am not very fond of the obedience class. I simply use clicker- technique. Simply because in obedience school I still have to follow rules at home and follow through all the technique everyday. Without consistency and discipline you dogs will fail to become balance and obedience. If you have time and energy, you could train your dog yourself. However, if you haven't got the clue where to start and how, seeking a professional help is the best way to learn. Up to you to make a call and good luck!

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Mar 12, 2007, 12:21 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 12, 2007, 6:59 PM

Post #3 of 85 (2890 views)
Shortcut

from d ranking....poodles r classified as d 2nd most intelligent dog...juz behind d border collie...Cool

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

wm5022
Novice

Mar 13, 2007, 8:20 PM

Post #4 of 85 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] inquiry [In reply to] Can't Post

is ther any tip 2train d small notty poodle?Frown

wm5022
Novice

Mar 13, 2007, 8:21 PM

Post #5 of 85 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] inquiry [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownbt i found it very realistic bcuz when i giv it snack oli it perform a trick 4me.......

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #6 of 85 (2872 views)
Shortcut

this is normal for puppy n young dogs....

n it oso depends on d method that u used...

if u keep giving out treats everytime ur dog does something, then he will become totally reliable on it..

when he had master something, try to reduce d amount of treats.....mayb try out 3 tricks for 1 treats....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

wm5022
Novice

Mar 13, 2007, 9:43 PM

Post #7 of 85 (2866 views)
Shortcut

did u hav any gud tip 2train a puppy??i found out it is vr notty n always go into toilet..

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2007, 10:51 PM

Post #8 of 85 (2853 views)
Shortcut

is normal for a puppy to b naughty...in fact, naughty dogs excel better in training, becoz they r more enthusiasm

d fact that they r active dogs make u easier to get them moving....as u had mentioned, u had been using treats...that's wat exactly i'm using too...n recently i'm trying to reduce my reliance on treats by substituting it to some other kind of reward such as a pat on d head or bringing her out for a walk...

whenever i bring out the leash, she will be very excited n start rushing towards d gate, even b4 i wear my shoes....so i can either ask her to remain 'stay' a few meter away frm d gate or do some 'weaving' or 'lie down' b4 i let her out....

as u mentioned about 'always go into toilet'.....i'm not sure wat u meant by it...do u simply means ur dog like to pee n poo most of d time or he simply like to visit d toilet for no apparent reason...

last time, my puppy, also rest at the toilet...probably becoz d floor had some cooling effect....

this was a pic of my pacco when she was 2 months old laying infront of d toilet...

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Mar 13, 2007, 10:54 PM)

wm5022
Novice

Mar 13, 2007, 11:51 PM

Post #9 of 85 (2847 views)
Shortcut

he lik 2go toilet 4no reason n jys go 2drk d water n lie down on d floor....Pirate
how 2stop d puppy frm bitting ppl hand n foot??

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 14, 2007, 12:55 AM

Post #10 of 85 (2841 views)
Shortcut

then he probably juz wanted to cool himself up...

as for biting hand n foot...u must be consistent wit d scolding....some owners tend to give in with this n when they realize that they r biting too hard or it start to get annoyed by it, then only they wan to stop their dog from doing it..

so u juz need to be consistent....don't offer ur fingers ofcoz...n whenever he wanted to bite ur foot, lift up ur leg n scold him firmly... after awhile, he will forget about this habit...

alternatively, provide some other chew toys for him..durind d teething period, puppy tends to hd itching mouth, they wanted to chew of anything they get....

Pacco de Mongrel

wm5022
Novice

Mar 14, 2007, 2:48 AM

Post #11 of 85 (2837 views)
Shortcut

whic brand puppy fud is d best n how often should i vaccine my puppy?

wm5022
Novice

Mar 14, 2007, 7:40 PM

Post #12 of 85 (2822 views)
Shortcut

is ther any dog traning in pg?Frown

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Mar 14, 2007, 8:55 PM

Post #13 of 85 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Hi, normally dog trainers will train u rather than ur dog for u will want ur puppy to listen to u mar..there's a dog trainer at Hillside, Tg Bungah area if ur interested..

I bought books from MPH n find information from online on how to train my poodle pup..u need to be consistent in ur training cos they are trying to understand what we are saying lor..my 3 mths old Nana knows Sit, Stay, Heel, Play Dead liao..her toilet training also very good liao, occasionally got accident nia lor..

wm5022
Novice

Mar 14, 2007, 9:24 PM

Post #14 of 85 (2812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] inquiry [In reply to] Can't Post

i js bought it las wek n my kiko js kno sit oli..
how u train ur nana d othe trick?
is ther any tip 4me?
nw i js having d prob wth pee,can help me bout tiz?

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Mar 15, 2007, 12:45 AM

Post #15 of 85 (2806 views)
Shortcut

For Nana she was a bit toilet train when we bought her cos the dog trainer slightly train her already one..can u give me ur email add ? I send u PDF files for u to read..

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2007, 2:29 AM

Post #16 of 85 (2801 views)
Shortcut

in order for ur puppy to behave & react exactly like how & when u want it...1st u'l need to equip urself with the basic understandin of why doggies react such ways...it seems that u have lotsa lotsa questions & may face more in the future. i would suggest u to get a book on basic pup obedience, care, health, etc... this will give u a very good pic of watever ur gonna face as the pup grows up. rather than u only ask us when u face the problems. with the help of books, u can forsee certain problems & bad habits that ur pup may develop. thus takin actions before the problems & habits emerge. borders in qbay has a very good range of doggie books... the thing with trainin...uve gotta be patience, persistent & luvin Cool good luck

cheers

keep us updated ya

ezekiel 25:17

(This post was edited by vinoviruz on Mar 15, 2007, 2:32 AM)

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 15, 2007, 11:21 AM

Post #17 of 85 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Yes, follow the rule of:-

Leadership-Exercise-Discipline- affection

The owner has to set rules and limitations depending what do you want to accomplish in your household. Many dog owners just give affections, affections, affections.

Take them for a walk everyday (15-30 minutes) or playtime is a good way to take out the negative energy out of your dog. It is easy to train a 'tired' dog which just undergo walking/exercise regime versus hyper, anxious and awake dogs. When you accomplish the discipline you want, then reward your dog with affections.

Remember, ignore bad behavior, reward good behavior!

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Mar 15, 2007, 11:24 AM)

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 15, 2007, 11:29 AM

Post #18 of 85 (2788 views)
Shortcut

Maybe your dog wants to cool off.

Thats why he chose a toilet /tiles than a rug or a carpet especially in Malaysia. Malaysia is not France and poodles have a very thick fur/coat. Imagine if someone give you fur coat and ask to walk around in a tropical climate.

Your dog wants 'air-cond' too, you know!Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Mar 15, 2007, 11:32 AM)

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 5:36 PM

Post #19 of 85 (2781 views)
Shortcut

wm5022@hotmail.com

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 5:40 PM

Post #20 of 85 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] inquiry [In reply to] Can't Post

ok gt it.....i wil avoidFrown

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 5:42 PM

Post #21 of 85 (2779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] inquiry [In reply to] Can't Post

wat bok i can lookin 4?
is ther any guide?

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Mar 15, 2007, 6:30 PM

Post #22 of 85 (2776 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I bought these 2 books from MPH :

Author Sarah Hodgson -

Teach Yourself VISUALLY Dog Training (Teach Yourself Visually) - http://www.amazon.com/...173925563&sr=8-1

PuppyPerfect: The user-friendly guide to puppy parenting - http://www.amazon.com/...173925563&sr=8-1

wm5022
Novice

Mar 15, 2007, 7:09 PM

Post #23 of 85 (2769 views)
Shortcut

whic1 d best?
is tiz bok useful 4ur dog training?

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Mar 15, 2007, 7:43 PM

Post #24 of 85 (2766 views)
Shortcut

it's 2 different topics on dogs lor, u can go to the bookshop n browse tru the contents urself b4 deciding to buy which one..one is on puppy behaviors n the other one is on dog training ( got pictures to guide u )..

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2007, 2:45 AM

Post #25 of 85 (2760 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
is ther any dog traning in pg?

i know a group of trainers at penang....u might want to check out their website...

www.agility-penang.com

Pacco de Mongrel

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my