IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
my puppy... pee and poo lor... HELP HELP!! - advise suggestion needed... :"<

bkhwang
Dog Kichi

Mar 10, 2007, 7:11 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1888 views)
Shortcut
my puppy... pee and poo lor... HELP HELP!! - advise suggestion needed... :"< Can't Post

Unsure HELP,

my MS seems like dunno where to do her business... ive assigned a small cage as her toilet and she suppose to pee and poo there as i dont want her to do it in the toilet... but everytime when i bring her into her small cage - "her toilet" she will not do it in there till i let her out and she will do it out side on the floor...

i have scold and even "da her pet pet / slap her butt" but it seems like she dont care and buat bodoh only... its already been 2-months and she still dunno where to poo and pee... izzit anything i did wrong on the house train?
mike@mike

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 10, 2007, 7:45 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bkhwang] my puppy... pee and poo lor... HELP HELP!! - advise suggestion needed... :"< [In reply to] Can't Post

hello fren, u still cant manage to get her to do it at the right spot huh???

u got her the tray ade??? so now u confirm wanna let her do it in the cage???

start back to basics...will only work provided she does not sleep in a cage...collect her poo with tissue / clean her pee with cloth & place em in the cage whr u wan her to do her busines thr. upon placin the poo/pee, bring her (carry her if u have to) to the cage & let her smell inside. praise her even though she didnt do it thr. no need to beat backside when u see her do it outside. jz say NO firmly. collect her business, place in cage. bring her thr, praise her. clean up the cage only after few mins.

repeat as required till she does her thing in the cage successfully.

good luck dude

ezekiel 25:17

(This post was edited by vinoviruz on Mar 10, 2007, 7:53 PM)

bkhwang
Dog Kichi

Mar 10, 2007, 9:14 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] my puppy... pee and poo lor... HELP HELP!! - advise suggestion needed... :"< [In reply to] Can't Post

har? OMG OMG, im lost...

actually she sleep in another cage in my room, and the cage which i want her pee and poo is at the living room... so should i take away the cage? and replace it with newspaper? im totally blank and dunno wad to do... ;"<

also the time she wants to pee and poo is sooo irregular... sometimes once after makan and sometimes few hours also wont do anything, keep on playing... haiz...
mike@mike

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 11, 2007, 6:50 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bkhwang] my puppy... pee and poo lor... HELP HELP!! - advise suggestion needed... :"< [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems to me your puppy is confused! You make her confused! She thought the 'toilet' is just similar to her 1st cage. She has accepted the fact that 'the cage' is her playground and wont do her business there like the 'cage' when she sleeps. Like humans, do you like people to pee in the 'living' room as oppose to the bathroom?
Dont be panic, you could either start all over gain like someone suggested here above and get a training pad. After meals, go and lead her to the pad straight away and ask her by saying- Go pee pee. If she starts to do her business, rewards her with treats at the desired place. Eventually she will get an idea. Be patient.
Dont make a habit of beating her even when you think it is okay even a soft pat. Use your discretion and a lot of small treats to train your puppy.Frown
Dog behaviorist.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 12, 2007, 7:32 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1866 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
har? OMG OMG, im lost... relax dude, dont worry...when all are confuse & seemed wrong, go back to basics, start over Cool

actually she sleep in another cage in my room, and the cage which i want her pee and poo is at the living room... so should i take away the cage? u can continue to go on & keep on trainin her that way if u want. with persistency, she'l learn & know how to differentiate the 2 cages and replace it with newspaper? i nvr use newspaper, i only use tissue paper & cloth im totally blank and dunno wad to do... ;"< dont worry, do things step by step & one at a time

also the time she wants to pee and poo is sooo irregular... sometimes once after makan and sometimes few hours also wont do anything, keep on playing... haiz... when ur successful in potty trainin her, it doesnt matter when she choose to do her business

cheers dude

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 14, 2007, 11:36 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1845 views)
Shortcut

hehehe...GL there. I've no experience potty train my dog cos he is trained not to do it on carpets since in the US everywhere indoor is carpeted mah. There he knows he can do his business everywhere but not on nice warm flooring (i.e: carpet)

When come back here, everywhere indoor and out same flooring...all cold, hard and slippery. So he did it once indoors but I dont blame him cos confused mah....so scold him, then second time on grass, give lots of treats. So he learnt, no pee pee or poo poo on cold, hard flooring, But can pee pee and poo poo on those nice smelling grass.

Then learnt, those nice smelling grass gets wet and muddy when it rains and it makes his paw wet and he doesnt like it. So learnt to do it on tar road. Now he does it on tar road when it rains and on grass when it's dry. Hahahahaha...... Anywhere indoor where humans walk without shoes, means cannot pee pee and poo poo.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2007, 2:01 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] my puppy... pee and poo lor... HELP HELP!! - advise suggestion needed... :"< [In reply to] Can't Post

not bad not bad

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my