Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
Looking for a pedigree Breed

Andrewchiujs
Novice

Feb 26, 2007, 9:26 AM

Post #1 of 15 (12379 views)
Shortcut
Looking for a pedigree Breed Can't Post

Hi guys/Gals..i've been to paws a few times already and been playing around with the dogs every few weeks and i was just wondering whether any1 could update me on the adopted dogs in paws..well i would love to have a golden retriever which is like 1 or 2 years old..i went around last week and there was one there but it was kinda old..well also i would like to know whether it will be ok to not spay a dog in paws Frown

Jingle
Novice

Feb 28, 2007, 9:47 AM

Post #2 of 15 (12359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrewchiujs] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

wat's d point? once u find it there, u'd have 2 face the SOB who's running that place.

pegs
Novice

Feb 28, 2007, 6:56 PM

Post #3 of 15 (12352 views)
Shortcut

It doesn't matter whether a dog is young or old, pedigree or mixed breed, you will find much love and your life will be different. Once they are with u, u will forget their age and love them all the same. Before u adopt, you must bear in mind that you will have a lot more work to do like bathing it, deticking it and spending time playing with it. Remember, dogs have feelings too. All the best.

Andrewchiujs
Novice

Feb 28, 2007, 10:39 PM

Post #4 of 15 (12340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pegs] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

why iam looking for a younger one is because if u get a older 1 and u get too attached to it and it passes on then sadness sets in easely and don think its a good idea also..and is it possible to adopt a dog which is breedable at paws?

shakybombom
Novice

May 4, 2007, 12:35 AM

Post #5 of 15 (12242 views)
Shortcut

Errmm sorry but isnt it the same if you get a puppy and you get attached to it for many years, when it dies you will still feel the same sadness? You will probably feel even more sad coz u were with the puppy from young till old!

muffins
Novice

May 6, 2007, 8:29 AM

Post #6 of 15 (12210 views)
Shortcut

sicne you are looking for large breed dogs like retriever... what difference does it make if u were to adopt mixed breed?
unless you wanna adopt a dog for breeding purpose and fro what i read..it's kinda obvious.
if you are really looking for a dog as companion, you wont mind if it's spayed.

(This post was edited by muffins on May 6, 2007, 8:31 AM)

mbless
K9 Kaki

Aug 22, 2007, 9:28 PM

Post #7 of 15 (11862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

A young pup or an older dog makes no difference. They will go when its their time. A pup may die at an earlier age. Adopting an older dog may live for another 10 yrs. All I am saying is that we have no control in how long they are going to live... the important thing is to give them a good and happy life. It can be an extremely sweet, beautiful and short life... or a horrible long life.
In older dogs, u need more work, to gain back their trust. And no they are not too old to learn tricks. I fostered mainly older dogs and I find them all very easy. Some dogs that cannot learn tricks, they can be good in toilet training or therapy use. Just look at their plus point. When adopting an older dog, what u see is what you will get. Their size and their behaviour.
I have few dogs for rehoming... all adults. They come in their own packages... their plus and minus points. Some are pure breeds, some are mixes. They are all the same coz they are all dogs. Choose a dog that match your character...
Adopting a puppy requires more work... they may look cute... but they also chew. They require more training.
I hope ppl would give the older dog a chance... coz a lot of ppl buy dogs when they were cute puppies n surrendered them to PAWS / SPCA when they are older. Believe me, an older dog makes a lovely pet too. My adult dogs' adopters can tell you that too.

madmoz

Sep 22, 2007, 2:57 AM

Post #8 of 15 (11705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

sad to see that there are so many asking for a free pedigree dog... mongrels do not deserve any love is it? Frown

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 22, 2007, 10:01 PM

Post #9 of 15 (11677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
sad to see that there are so many asking for a free pedigree dog... mongrels do not deserve any love is it? Frown

Sad to see that too. Mongrels do deserve a good home and doesn't mean a pedigree will have a good home. The dalmatian n the golden retriever is a good example, nobody claiming them after so long.. Glad to say there are still some real dog lovers out there. Thanks to yeee a mixed breed dog of 2yrs old is already adopted today. The lady is actually onli looking for pure breed and small sized dog. But she juz fell in love with this mixed breed dog. I would juz ignore those that are only interested in pedigrees. :)

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

mbless
K9 Kaki

Sep 24, 2007, 12:31 AM

Post #10 of 15 (11649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, pedigree sounds more classy... mah. anyway, while walking my dogs yesterday, i passed by a breeder house n overheard his friend asking him about the breed of my dogs... he said, oh that one is a MS puppy, a GR and a husky mix. Err.. my MS is 5 yrs +, my GR is a mongrel and the husky mix is a Telomian. Hahaha. All I can say is that if you look after your mongrels well, they look beautiful. they look classy and sassy... hahaha. Mongrels not only deserves love but they have the same love to give back as any pedigree. Its really sad for ppl to only ask for pedigree, you are right.

buddyboy
Novice

Sep 25, 2007, 4:12 PM

Post #11 of 15 (11613 views)
Shortcut

Hi. This morning on my way to work I saw a dog sitting by the roadside next to PAWS.

Dog is with collar band. From far the dog look healthy and doesn't look like he/she has been strayed. Due to the traffic I was not allowed to stop to have a close look at him/her. I'm just worried that people might have just dumped him/her near PAWS or so.

THe dog is in cream/white and with some light brown fur.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2007, 8:06 PM

Post #12 of 15 (11598 views)
Shortcut

Yup, u are right. The 2 mongrels near my work place, which I fed with rice & liver and occassional Purina One/Pro Plan...looks like a labrador to me....ha ha ha..shiny coat lah...

kien29
Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2007, 8:12 PM

Post #13 of 15 (11596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Even i think this thread is getting out of topic .. anyway, i still need to add one thing.. i think my Rossi is a mongrel too.. hahahaha.. mongrel or pedigree.. we still love him very very much...

** kien **

Frown Welcome to Rossi's blog Frown

myzanordin
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2007, 8:24 PM

Post #14 of 15 (11593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kien29] Looking for a pedigree Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

u are right Kien, mongrel or pedigree....we would love them the same...they would in return, love us the same like how pedigrees does too..

And btw, I saw your Rossi lah...where got mongrel...he is soooo..macho lah...typical GR..

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2007, 2:09 AM

Post #15 of 15 (11246 views)
Shortcut

Golden R, Dalmation, old beagle, Spaniel, Mixed spitz, Shih Tzu - surrendered at PAWS. I think they are either waiting for the snip or are ready to go. But if you are after a pedigree... you should expect to pay more. Better check for temperments too... as these surrendered animals may have been abandoned or abused. Sometimes they go into PAWS without history or papers.

Are pet shops & breeders allowed to sell dogs without papers?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my