First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

meyueli
Novice

Feb 26, 2007, 2:51 AM

Post #1 of 37 (15841 views)
Shortcut
Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder Can't Post

Hello,

A week ago, 17/2/07, I brought my new Rottweiler puppy home. I bought her from a "dog farm" in Klang. They are not the regular type of pet shops. They have kennels and a training field.

The guy who owns it operates this way: He helps the breeders' dogs to mate, and when the breeder has a litter of pups, the guy will either get a few, or buy from the breeder. The guy then sells the pups in his "dog farm".

When I brought my puppy home, she was having diarrhea. She would poop watery poop about 5 or 6 times a day. I called the guy, he said it's normal. She needs time to "get used to her new environment".

Today, exactly 7 days after I brought her home, she started vomitting. I rushed her to the vet, and the diagnosis is very bad.

Blood test indicates very low levels of platelets and red blood cells, due to tick fever. Stool sample shows the bacteria Coccidia.

My puppy is now on IV drip, at the vet's.

When I called the guy who sold me the pup, he refused to acknowlege that he sold me a sick puppy. And he has refused to have anything to do with the puppy as long as she's sick because "it's bad for business".

I have decided to not have anything to do with him. I thought about insisting he takes back the puppy, and give me a full refund. But I know he will just leave the puppy to die. I rather shoulder the medical fees and hope for the best, than see the poor little puppy go back to the idiot.

My question is this: Is there any law or consumer right's law in Malaysia that will protect consumers from buying sick puppies from irresponsible breeders?

Would appreciate any advice or help.

Thanks.

isaac
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2007, 5:07 AM

Post #2 of 37 (15836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meyueli] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, sorry to hear about your pup. i don t think the msia consumer right or anything like that will work. did he give you any written guarantee for the dog? if not then i think it is quite impossible to take him to court. my suggestion would

1. contact mka and tell them your situation. they wil probably blacklist the breeder if there is other complains pending.

2. word of mouth. you can put in all pics, infos about the breeder. you can even post his pics up here. hopefully he is aware of this or maybe any of his friends here that see it, will let him know. do not deny the power of internet.

3. get a few ppl and beat him up. afterall this is msia, anything also can settle. lol. but pls dont tell police i ask you to do it.....i really hate puppy miller.

marvinlee
Novice

Feb 26, 2007, 5:53 PM

Post #3 of 37 (15827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meyueli] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi meyueli

Sorry to hear that ...So how is your puppy now? wht did you do to the MR Puppy

Miller....No wonder i saw a few pet shop with the same name as the place you bought

your pet ....Since people are looking for good breeder so they make their place look like

a training center but actually a mill..

meyueli
Novice

Feb 26, 2007, 11:38 PM

Post #4 of 37 (15821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marvinlee] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Isaac,

Thanks for your advice. I guess the most I can really do is to make sure no one buys from him every again.

As to hiring people to beat him up, it is very.... VERY tempting.

:p

Hello Marvin,

I went to visit my puppy at the vet's place during lunchtime. She is quite hyper, very excited to see me. I think the poor little girl is bored and feels very lonely. I wont know till Wednesday whether her blood test is ok. But she didn't vomit today after eating. So that's a good sign.

I haven't done anything to Mr Puppy Miller. But am intending to write a formal complain to MKA, post about him in all Dog Forums. I am also thinking about going to the Majlis Perbandaran of his area to let them know his dogs are being kept in an environment that encourages parasites.

Thanks so much for your replies and concern.

:)

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 27, 2007, 4:19 PM

Post #5 of 37 (15816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isaac] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't think No. 1 solution will help.

But I like the following solutions especially No3 beat that guy up LOL

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Mar 3, 2007, 4:05 AM

Post #6 of 37 (15781 views)
Shortcut

Please tell everybody about this puppy mill. Name him, address, tel nr everything. Just state the facts: you bought such and such a puppy from him, the puppy came down with such and such a condition, you complained to him and he said such and such. You're just reporting the facts, nothing wrong with that, and you'll be doing others, dogs as well as humans, a great service.

But yes, if you can, beat him up as well.

hennychang
Novice

Jun 3, 2007, 8:49 AM

Post #7 of 37 (15583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isaac] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

i also prefer your option 3. more direct to solve the problem.
but can u stoop them ?

the problem is if u stop them. someone will rise up again to do this business. still a good income to breed dog. caus u paid for it. unless all of u don keep branded dog any more. let say all of u dog lover keep local dog. no more branded dog .they will see no more demand for their Dog industrial.
the way to stop puppy miller is to stop purchase branded dog. if u dont buy dog , that mean no business for them. no sale= no money=no puppy miller.
believe me ask all dog lover to stop buy branded dog. local dog is fun too. i prefer local dog then branded dog. few years ago i get rid my GR and keep my local dog. because cannot keep 2 dog . my wife had third baby so i had to choise whether GR or local dog. at last i make the right decision to give GR to a friend and keep local dog. all my friend say i am stupid. but i dont think so. i love this local dog until today. and is easy to keep. no popo and no sick .no skin problem save money from doctor. and a very good house keeper. protect my kid. i love local dog. branded dog is useless to me now. i will not purchase branded dog any more. just stop. and no more puppy miller.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jun 4, 2007, 7:39 PM

Post #8 of 37 (15564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hennychang] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

*ahem* *ahem* the so called 'branded' dogs in ur entry are term PEDIGREES, which is Pure Blood. "Local' dogs are term mongrels.

Sorry lah, no offense ok. It's just funny. "Branded" and Local.... I'm sure u meant branded as dogs which u buy from petshops and local as mongrels or dogs which u adopt from shelthers like SPCA.

I agree with you the dog industry is always profitable. One way in US that most responsible breeders are so committed to control the mongrel population is to neuter/spay all puppies before they are sold or given off. If you get a puppy from a breeder there in the US, as far as I know those in Michigan, all puppies sold are all neutered or spayed. You have to personally tell the breeder that you want ur puppies intact and I'm sure they will ask u a hell lot of questions before they agree to keep those jewels. Of cos another way they control their mongrel population there is to liase up with all the petshops NOT TO SELL any pups at all. You can walk in to a petshop as big as Walmart and you wont find a single pup for sale. You wan a pup, they will tell u to come back on a friday or saturday where they will have a pet adoption drive. They wont even recommend breeders to you because they are all out encouraging you to adopt not buy. Sadly here, when u say adopt from shelters, it's mostly mongrels and it's also hard to deny that almost everyone wants a pedigree. So here in Malaysia, when u want a pedigree, most of the time u buy because we do not have breed specific rescue centres here.

Oh well, the truth is always never nice.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 4, 2007, 11:19 PM

Post #9 of 37 (15556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sadly here, when u say adopt from shelters, it's mostly mongrels and it's also hard to deny that almost everyone wants a pedigree. So here in Malaysia, when u want a pedigree, most of the time u buy because we do not have breed specific rescue centres here.

in the states, when they wana dispose their "branded' dogSly they will send it to the shelter.
here in msia, some will just leave it there to die la... ( take sheena)Mad

i think his point is to wish that ppl's mentality will change, dun always
want to have "branded' stuffs.. er dogs...

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 4, 2007, 11:19 PM

Post #10 of 37 (15556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sadly here, when u say adopt from shelters, it's mostly mongrels and it's also hard to deny that almost everyone wants a pedigree. So here in Malaysia, when u want a pedigree, most of the time u buy because we do not have breed specific rescue centres here.

in the states, when they wana dispose their "branded' dogSly they will send it to the shelter.
here in msia, some will just leave it there to die la... ( take sheena)Mad

i think his/her point is to wish that ppl's mentality will change, dun always
want to have "branded' stuffs.. er dogs...

Don't Lost your dogs!!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jun 5, 2007, 12:56 AM

Post #11 of 37 (15554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

yea....branded stuff are not always that good Tongue. Hahahaha......look at my levis jeans, sudah wanna berlubang liao. My pasar malam jeans still as good as new.

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 5, 2007, 1:11 AM

Post #12 of 37 (15552 views)
Shortcut

i think levis n' nike shoes are a real rip-off thesedays.....

Don't Lost your dogs!!

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2007, 4:37 AM

Post #13 of 37 (15544 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
yea....branded stuff are not always that good Tongue. Hahahaha......look at my levis jeans, sudah wanna berlubang liao. My pasar malam jeans still as good as new.

Where you got the jeans? Cool

Imagine a pair of Nike shoe cost me RM600+ wear less than one year the shoe became 2 Mad Glue it back also cannot last I buy those cheap Bata sport shoe wear untill now still can wear it only cost me RM150+Cool

Branded stuff not worth buying if you ask me. But depend on what item you are buying. Not all branded stuff are that lousyWink

hennychang
Novice

Jun 5, 2007, 9:39 AM

Post #14 of 37 (15528 views)
Shortcut

thanks for let me know some infor in state and teach me the right terms pedigrees and mongrels.

i think U.S and Malaysian the way of thinking is total different, Malaysian why not we say chinese better, sorry lah we chinese more materialistic. When we buy thing all wanted branded or the most expensive one or the latest one. must better then freind all ppl. if this is our caltural that is our problem having pets.. ok like me Lohan fish time, i buy 1 fish 1 fish tan at the end end up 10 fish tan and more then 50 fish. then breed again, more and more at last had to give to ppl and some throw in river. U can see no satisfaction and bad eye, i cant see new fish came out buy new breed again , it only last less then two year to give up this hobby. spent money never mind irresponsible is my problem. i learn some lesson. lucky i never really crazy in Dogs, if happen all of u might kill me.
And like u say adopt from shelters, it's mostly mongrels and it's also hard to deny that almost everyone wants a pedigree. lets not ashame to say it out i had seen some ppl having pedigree dogs and is very pure breed imported also , very very expensive dog. they buy if for show ,the dog became showdog , if not get any price won then just sold it out, Hey man pedigree dog had second hand value , yes they change their dogs like boys changing Hand-Phone or girl changing new cloths, and those u call pet shop are selling second hand dog too, they also do trade in if u buy dogs from them.
that is why we cant find any pedigree dog in SPCA. hmmm i better adopt some Nokia Motorola Samsung or Sony Ericson from shelters if have. sorry to tell u all SPCA means SamPah Collected Animal. then how to have breed specific rescue centres here.
Can our mentality will change? ask ourself , do we care about their feeling? happy time play with them, sad time give them a kick. Dogs always royalty to us, are we royalty to them?
dog is always a victim to human, there are no DOGs right and Protection.
Unsure i am sorry if i offense any bro/sis in this forum. this is my personal feeling only

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 5, 2007, 10:47 AM

Post #15 of 37 (15526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hennychang] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, so hope u will teach ur children,

that its not always necessary to have " branded" dogs.

its better to adopt " local" dogs frm the shelter,

Frown

Don't Lost your dogs!!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jun 6, 2007, 12:46 AM

Post #16 of 37 (15515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

Levi's from the Levi's shop in SOHO, New York (Winter sale, so got ir for USD20 only Wink)! I donnu lah...maybe cos Americans very into the 'destroyed' jeans look, so they make all their jeans all easily berlubang. hahahahahaha we dont get original Abercrombie and Fitch here but in US, they have a range of jeans called Destroyed Denim and they sell for like USD70-90 per pair ok! Some of them berlubang until I think if u sew all the holes up, you'll get a pair of shorts! And ppl still pay for thos berlubang jeans! Crazy

RM600 for nike ah?? Aiyo tai kor with that price, do u know u can get a pair of customised Nike shoe.....i think even cheaper than that! hahahahaahahahaha It's really cool and fun though. hahahaha you can check it out at.....type nikeid at the address bar and hold down ctrl+enter. Can even get them to sew ur initials or name on the shoe. Hahahaahaha i used to have a lot of fun there while waiting for classes to start. But not sure if they do international shipping. Unimpressed

Yeah lah of cos not all branded stuff are lousy lah. But then again not all pasar malam stuff are lousy too!

hennychang
Novice

Jun 6, 2007, 7:29 AM

Post #17 of 37 (15507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah i will teach them not to buy branded dog.

they like my dog , hmmm i should say the dog no longer mine belong to my children now ., they spend more time then me . they love it even is a local dog. so what.

yeee
Canine Addict

Jun 10, 2007, 8:57 AM

Post #18 of 37 (15478 views)
Shortcut

Mindset of people here in Malaysia are so much different. The awareness and conscious not there. When they see stray dogs they are not aware that most of the strays don't born to be stray at the first place. Even to some so called 'dog-lovers' or shall I say 'dog-keeper' instead they allow their beloved doggies breed and breed without considering if the puppies will be having good home or not.
I have friends and colleagues, no matter how I educate them regarding pet issues they still don't get the point. Please always ask 'are you committed to take care of the dog for up to 15 years?'
Pedigrees to most of the people is STATUS. It's like Tai-tai showing off their Rolex and Louise Vuitton. To them walking mongrels/local dogs on the street is a NO-STYLE.
I strongly agree the point that when there is no demand, the breeding stop. But how long for us to achieve this?
Take unwanted dogs and give them good home. Abandoned, strays, injured, lost,...

hennychang
Novice

Jun 11, 2007, 8:07 AM

Post #19 of 37 (15453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

yeap no demand breeding stop.

so stop buy dog.
the best is the old days , someone give a puppy the return is AN ANG POW and a bag of sugar.
i do now know why sugar? but at least not selling the dog for profit.
i agree that we had to committed to take care the dog for years. for me my limit is a dog then that s it. sometimes, my children ask for new puppy. when they saw one. just let them know i cant afford to take care two dogs in same time. Last time i saw two puppy in Pulau Tikus Market Penang is damn cute and lovely. i thinking of bring it back home. they so freindly and just lick my finger, i tak boleh tahan but at last no. need self control. so sad to see this two local dog throw at the back of the Market MPPP cage. sometimes kitty found in the cage too. i wonder where the dog go?

estorial
Dog Kichi

Aug 30, 2007, 9:50 PM

Post #20 of 37 (15027 views)
Shortcut

what's the status of this issue ?

Don't see that the person that had originated this thread replying anything here ...

Pls do list down those irresponsible person so that everone would know .. rather than just whinning by and not putting them to know...

So how ??

hennychang
Novice

Aug 31, 2007, 8:41 AM

Post #21 of 37 (15015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estorial] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

ya bro some thing wrong about this threadUnsure
the origin thread no longer interest to ppl if we say out the truth.
about the irresponsible person who care? even if we let everyone know, will it help or make thing change? but when time move on everyone will forget and nothing happen it before. at the end still people buy dogs from them.

brother just forget about it Unimpressed if u list down the list at the end you are everyone s enemy. I had friend just buy a big house few months ago. now renovation by the time finish, he ll buy a Jerman sherped and bull mastiff. this guy no nothing about dogs. and his family does not like dog too. my opinion to him just keep a local dog good enough and easy to take care. or Sony IBO electronic dog no food needed.
I already told him Jerman sherped is not a good dog for new guy, and bull mastiff eat alot, people can spend money for anything but not dog food, is very very expensive to have this type of dog, it eat a lot.
I am wasting my time to people wish to had anything, he will buy the dog soon, he can spend lot of money for expensive dog one shot, but he is not going to spend money for vet and dog food for long investment. I am sick about irresponsible person not just breeder but also dog purchaser.

khengteik
ALPHA

Oct 13, 2007, 2:34 AM

Post #22 of 37 (14621 views)
Shortcut

henny... i totally agree with you... i have the same problem with my friend... he just bought an Alaskan Malamut and he knows nothing about dogs... when i asked him, he just say cos he like big dogs and that AM looks fierce.. when i told him bout all the medication... living condition and stuff.. he just say "really or not?" i gave him all the sites for those dogs and his reply is... i dont understand english well...

for goodness sake, he doesnt even know what a heartworm tablet is for... he told me that he feeds the dog alot. about 1 packet of dog food (i think its the 15kg bag) a forthnight.. i was shocked... i told him that those dogs will just keep on eating as long as there is food and his reply was simply "he looks hungry and everytime i feed him he finishes everything"

he also keeps on going on about the food is quite expensive but when i asked him, the dogfood he is buying is about rm150 per bag (15kg) when i told him that the food that i'm giving to my baby is about rm120 per 7.5kgs, his reply is "no need such expensive food.. all dog food the same"...

i really pity that dog....

Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 13, 2007, 5:32 AM

Post #23 of 37 (14615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

yea man.... wht u have said is wht is happening now, alot of TDH like ur fren are keeping dogs.... because dogs, those so called pedigree, duno how pedigree it is, are selling like hot cakes, breeders are making so much money, petshops are everywhere selling puppies. any one will be tempted to buy dog, for kids la, for gf la, for wife la... but their mentality is just within that limit...

what if you try as hard as you could to educate your fren? he is ur fren right, not a stranger, but i think you will feel it is difficult... which is sad but true....

Don't Lost your dogs!!

khengteik
ALPHA

Oct 13, 2007, 6:23 AM

Post #24 of 37 (14609 views)
Shortcut

haha... i'm only trying to educate my friend cos i pity the dog. not cos he is my friend... try as much as i could but he has the mentality of i know everything about the dog, thats y i bought it... there were a few things that makes me pity the dog and get pissed off with him...

one is when i told him that malamuts and huskies have 2 layer of coat, his reaction was "really?? no la... its still a puppy thats y like that."

then i told him that you can play tug-of-war with the dog but sometimes or most of the time must let it win, his reaction was "cannot.. if let it win, then he wont be obedient anymore". i told him that he must let it win because of the dog's self esteem but he jut laugh at that

the worst thing is when i told him that if possible feed it with holistic kibbles, he plainly said that "its just a dog, any dog food will do" and when i told him that my baby takes only holistic food, vitamins, supplements, olive oil, drinks water mixed with organic apple cider, and also once a while some soft food and vegetables and charcoal pills, he asked me what dog am i keeping. n when i told him its a mix breed, his reaction was "really meh... mix breed just feed with rice or cheap kibbles enough la..." that really pissed me off... he doesn't even know the basics which is good food = good health+less health problems+nice fur

the other thing was when i found out that he knows totally nothing about the dog, i told him its best to neuter the dog. because there will be high possibility that the dog might get cancer in the balls *ahem* he says its so cruel and then he says he wants to find a mate for it. he doesnt understand that humans do not speak dog language and we wont know if there is something wrong with the dog or not. well if he is experienced with dogs, i wont say that much... but its his first dog and he knows nothing about it. when i try to help, he just tells me that the petshop guy has told him everything about the dog etc etc etc.

also when i told him about potential hip problems on big dog, his reaction was even funnier. he said that malamuts are big and strong dogs and according to the pet shop owner, there will not be any hip problems...

well that was the last straw. i just shut myself away from this topic with him. whenever he asks me about dogs, i'll just tell him to ask the petshop. i'm too pissed with his ignorance about the wellbeing of the dog eventhough i gave him quite alot of sites that explains about huskies and malamuts... he choose to listen to the petshop owner and ignore the findings of people around the world regarding these dogs. his reason, they are not experts... which is not completely true. how do you expect the petshop owner to know more about malamuts and huskies then the people who live in countries which these kind of dogs are native in... really makes me sad on how he treats the dog...

but one thing's for sure, if he cant take care of it and wants to give away, i'll be the first to take it. although i dont really have a place for it yet but i know alot of my friends are willing to foster it untill we get a good home for it. and although i like and love any dogs, deep down inside, i really like malamuts

to me, a dog is more then a companion. a dog is your best friend and also a very good destressing agent.

my Zoey is a mix breed but i love her just the same. she's my baby, my best friend, my secondary alarm clock and also not forgetting my little devil Frown and although she's not staying with me, at least i know she's well taken care off at my aunts place.

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 13, 2007, 8:42 AM

Post #25 of 37 (14605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] Need Opinion - Sick Puppy from Irresponsible Breeder [In reply to] Can't Post

BRAVO, you are qualified to educate those soon to be dog owners..... Wink

Don't Lost your dogs!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my