Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!!

shalmay

Feb 25, 2007, 4:26 AM

Post #1 of 13 (2366 views)
Shortcut
my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!! Can't Post

hi, all

my dog very smart for toilet manners since he was 4 months old...

but since last 2 weeks ago, when he do any bad n wrong thing, i'm sure beat him as teaching... now he get my wrong message... n think that can't pee poo at toilet... he tahan it... n scared of me...

all my fault... my fault... i'm so sad now

any good way to sayang him back... n make him become normal n not scared me anymore?

how to let him know, he can pee poo at toilet.. correct his thinking?

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Feb 25, 2007, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shalmay] my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

What were you thinking?! At any particular time and situation you should NOT beat your dog! Hope you have learned from your action- taste your own medicine and not to repeat it!!!!

Good news and bad news. Your dog is traumatized. However, you could seek alternative. Some dogs will go potty outside instead and maybe he is one of them. I had a dog like that. You should try to train him to do both outside. So began by walking him with the purpose of taking a potty break. I used a phrase 'go now', repeated until he did #1 or #2, & then praising him.

Once he consistently learned that 'go now' meant to do what we came for, we switched gears to going in the back yard (I had no intentions of walking my dog every time he had to piddle!). By now, you should have an idea of when he needs to go after eating. Some dogs have the urge within 1/2 hour, others can wait 3 or 4.

When you think he has to go, take him out & use the phrase. If he pees, great! treat him & bring him in... if you know he has to poop, then go back out in 5,10 or 15 min & use the phrase again. If he pees again, do not praise or give any recognition, just continue to tell her to 'go now'. If after 5 min, he does not, take him in & try again in 15 min. Eventually, he will have to go... & when he does, VERY happy voice, LOTS of praise & IMMEDIATE treat upon finishing!!!

This will take some time and just as you cant make a led horse drink, you also cant or make a dog poop. Eventually they need to & as long as you have laid a foundation for the process, it should go well within a couple of days, just be consistent.

Take it easy and good luck!!

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Feb 25, 2007, 7:48 PM)

shalmay

Feb 25, 2007, 10:59 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2357 views)
Shortcut

i let him walk around at my house porch.. he don't like pee poo there... then 10 to 15min later, i bring him in.. he know to pee poo at toilet by himself... then i praise him happily n treat him... i want let him know, he is doing correct !!!

i'm really regret that what i done on him last few weeks... i really learn from it...

thanks of your advise Smile

hmmm... can i ask? if everytime walk around outside... then need how to wash the dog paws n only let him go inside house? because i really scared he will get ticks back home after a walk outside Unsure

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 28, 2007, 2:39 AM

Post #4 of 13 (2350 views)
Shortcut

washin his paws wont rid him of ticks...if ur worried of ticks hitchin a ride on him, uve gotta check him thoroughly (i mean thoroughly, between paws, behind collar, every flesh behind the fur, etc) everytime he's back home. very tidious job but i do that almost everyday everytime i take zeus out Wink

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

shalmay

Feb 28, 2007, 11:09 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

oh, hi vinoviruz..

u r a gd master Wink

my friend told me tat can put tick collar when out with him.. it will prevent the tick climb up my dog body.. is it real? Unsure

washing his paws with water? or with shampoo too? Shocked

sorry to ask so much.. because i really hope my dog healthy and clean always Blush

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 1, 2007, 1:43 AM

Post #6 of 13 (2336 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
oh, hi vinoviruz..

u r a gd master Wink well...im a slave to zeus actually Tongue

my friend told me tat can put tick collar when out with him.. it will prevent the tick climb up my dog body.. is it real? Unsure cant really help u here, cuz ive nvr experiment with the tick collar before. u can get one & try though. but i think the collar can only last for abt 3 mths

washing his paws with water? or with shampoo too? Shocked i rinse with normal water for hygeine cuz zeus sleeps on the bed with me but i check between the paws for ticks

sorry to ask so much.. because i really hope my dog healthy and clean always Blush its ok cheers

shalmay

Mar 1, 2007, 5:30 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, vinoviruz

thanks alot for you information, i learn from it Blush

i have much confidence to take him out for a walk now Smile

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 1, 2007, 8:28 PM

Post #8 of 13 (2321 views)
Shortcut

no prob Cool

lego
Novice

Mar 2, 2007, 6:35 PM

Post #9 of 13 (2303 views)
Shortcut

Hi, u can try the frontline spray/on-spot...it worked for my dogs last time....

http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/

regards.

shalmay

Mar 2, 2007, 8:12 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lego] my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lego

thanks for your information Smile

ya, i got put frontline spot on for my dog every month.. because he got tick fever when he was 3 months old last time, very dangerous.. almost die.. so i'm now super protect him away from the tick problem.. that's why im not so dare to take him out for a walk Unsure

and he stay indoor with me.. hmmm... is it i worry too much Crazy

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 2, 2007, 11:31 PM

Post #11 of 13 (2290 views)
Shortcut

nothin wrong with u worryin for ur doggie, jz dont be a paranoid can ade... Tongue

jz make sure ur hse is tick free. fill all cracks & crevices in hse walls & floors. ticks can lay their eggs thr. make sure hse compound grass are kept short & tidy. use mild insectides regularly to deter ticks producin thr.

so even if ur doggie brings in ticks fr the outside, they cant start a colony in ur hse.

cheers

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jun 18, 2007, 11:50 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2128 views)
Shortcut

Helo!

U can also use frontline spot on. How old is ur dog? Coz i think tick collar not suitable for puppies. I'm not sure, check 1st before u use it for ur dog. Do u groom ur dog regularly? Then u can check for ticks at the same time. Also if u find any, make sure u dun js throw away, must kill it by pressing with ur fingernails till there is a small popping sound (seems cruel but necessary) or pour vinegar on it. And dun js check ur dog, check it's sleeping area especially blankets if u let ur dog sleep with on. Also if u find that ur dog has ticks, then clean his cage with bleach n his blanket too. Usually i'll mop the whole house with bleach. Of course make sure u keep ur dogs away n mop up the bleach properly n dun leave any residue which ur dog might lick.

Normally after i walk my dogs, i'll wipe their paws, face (coz they'll be sniffing all sorts of things outside), legs n butt (coz sometimes they'll sit on the road) with baby wipes. If dey got debris stuck to their fur, then give them a good brush lor. Then they are clean n nice to play in the house again.

shalmay

Jun 19, 2007, 10:45 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wibbly] my dog tahan his pee poo ar !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your kindly way for me...

i do the same way as u... clean him as well after a walk.. before go for a walk, i use a clean wash ticks shampoo towel for wipe his paw area... haaa.. let the ticks keep away from the smell...Cool

of cos, i put frontline spot on every month, n put the tick collor when tk him out for walk... that's all lo... Blush

im so enjoying morning n evening jogging with him everyday... he loves it so much... he is happy, im happy too Laugh

im planning to tk him for 1 day trip at PD, he never c the beach la... must let him enjoy it once Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my