1st & 2nd vacination only for puppy?

aweric2000
Novice

May 17, 2003, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1051 views)
Shortcut
1st & 2nd vacination only for puppy? Can't Post

Hello everybody!

Here i need some information on the vacination, isn't okay to have 2 jabs only for puppy and then follow by yearly jab? B coz for my COCO, the 1st jab by private vet & 2nd by gov. vet and the gov. vet inform me that the following jab will be in next year (no need 3rd jab). So i wonder isn't o.k.?

Regards

chilimson

May 18, 2003, 11:44 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aweric2000] 1st & 2nd vacination only for puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

In my opinion, it depends on when you give the first jab. If you give it way after you wean (at 5 weeks) your puppy from the bitch, say at 8 to 10 weeks. Then you give the puppy the second shot a month later, then it is quite safe to do it after on annual interval. Certain breed tends to need the three shots, but I think two should be fine if you wanted to save some money. In fact, some school of thoughts are saying give the two boosters early and then you could go on 2 to 3 years interval later. My take is that if you area has a lot of viral attacks on dogs, then you better be safe than sorry. Go for the yearly recommendation Wink.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my