Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Can anyone help .....

ps_381
Novice

Feb 8, 2007, 2:52 AM

Post #1 of 4 (697 views)
Shortcut
Can anyone help ..... Can't Post

I have purchased a mixed breeder (Poodle + Shih Tzu) and on the same day upon reaching home, the puppy vomits and not eating. And when I called the pet shop and was explained to me that it's a common reaction as it may have car sick. But till the next day, the puppy still vomits and was having diarrhoea too, and still not eating. I was worried as this was my first pet experience, the pet shop attendant suggested that i have to bring the puppy back for observation and I send back to the pet shop as told. After a couple of days, they told me that the puppy was sick and told me to wait for a few more days.

After few weeks of waiting, I called them and ask for the puppy's condition and the attendant suggested that I should come over to their pet shop to choose for another puppy. I went there the following day but couldn't find the same breed, and was ask to choose other breed / mixed breed, but I couldn't find the same breed as the one that I bought. Moreover, they have suggested that I choose other breed that are available and I would have to pay a lot more extra. I told them that I shall wait for a couple of weeks more till they could find the same breed and after 3 months of waiting, and making trips to the pet shop for many times, I told them that I would require a refund if they couldn't find me a replacement. But I was told that they couldn't refund as I was paying by credit card and the payment was already received long ago.

I need some advise or if anyone may have a number which I could call to lodge a complaint as I think that it doesn't make sense that no refund will be entertain if payment was made thru via credit card.

Frown

frenchie
Novice

Feb 8, 2007, 4:51 AM

Post #2 of 4 (690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ps_381] Can anyone help ..... [In reply to] Can't Post

You can either get a lawyer to issue a letter of demand and file a summons against the pet shop or lodge a claim at the consumer tribunal.

There is no such thing as non-refundable if the goods is not fit for the purposes.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 8, 2007, 6:34 PM

Post #3 of 4 (683 views)
Shortcut

ps_381..

this is the flaws of gettin a dog from pet shop or pound.. dogs there are not healthy at all.. just look at the conditions of the cage and the look of the dogs u will know...

1 solution is, get the pet shop sued with a lawyer.. this is about consumer affairs, so u should also complain to the manager of the pet shop.. unless its the manager who told u no refund can be made..

go and look for advocate companies that wiling to solve this problem with you ok?

in future, look for a responsible breeder of the breed u want.. even puppy.com here may hav one..

also, even if u still get a puppy from the pet shop and it gets sick, don waste time refering back to the pet shop.. normally they don really wan to b responsible on your pppy once u paid the money.. is better u refer to a reliable vet..

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Feb 8, 2007, 8:00 PM

Post #4 of 4 (679 views)
Shortcut

There is no such thing as no refund if paid by credit card. The shop is trying to pull a fast one on you. The only reason they refuse to refund your money is because they wanna keep their profit!

Lodge a complaint at the Consumer Tribunal immediately. Your credit card receipt will be your proof of purchase. Come on, they've already taken your money and 3 months has passed and still no dog? You've gotta be kidding.

As for engaging a lawyer, the legal costs most likely will exceed the claim you have against the shop. And it takes a long time to resolve such a matter thru the courts (1-2 years at least). So i would only suggest this as a last resort. Approach the Consumer Tribunal 1st.

Good luck.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my