Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent?

ecilassim
Novice

Feb 6, 2007, 3:22 AM

Post #1 of 15 (2359 views)
Shortcut
Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? Can't Post

can some1 tell me wats the diffrent between a Lab ret & a Golden ret?found a home breder selling a lab puppy at RM600,consider cheap?how2 i judge wheter is pure breed kind of those things?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 6, 2007, 4:39 AM

Post #2 of 15 (2355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ecilassim] Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? [In reply to] Can't Post

ecilassim..

rm600 for a lab puppy? is cheap. if u wan to make sure the breed is pure, 1 way is to see more pics of pure breed pups, then make comparison. second is to ask for dam and sire photos and info from the breeder.

pls make sure the breeder is a reliable one ya

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

ecilassim
Novice

Feb 9, 2007, 4:20 AM

Post #3 of 15 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a big diffrent betwen a pure n a mixed lab ret?if rm600 for a no pure lab,reasonable still?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 9, 2007, 7:22 PM

Post #4 of 15 (2331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ecilassim] Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is there a big diffrent betwen a pure n a mixed lab ret?if rm600 for a no pure lab,reasonable still?

helo..

it depends which breed it is crossed with lo.. if is crossed with difren color, then sure is can see is not pure breed at all.. but if is crossed with similar color, similar size (big size in this case), then u might need to see longer until u get the idea..

1 way is, u take a pic of the puppy and post it here lo.. then we all can give u some ideas..

rm600 ah.. em... but i tink is a bit high lo the price.. cus pure one ade need around rm1000++ ... y not spend around rm400 more and get a pure breed if u wish to get a pure breed one...

depends also if is male or female.. normally male one slightly a bit higher the price..

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 9, 2007, 11:56 PM

Post #5 of 15 (2329 views)
Shortcut

golden n lab had same personality.....friendly dogs....is juz that golden had long coat n need more maintainance.....

600 for a pure lab...is reasonable...coz nowadays there a lotsa lab around...

for a mixed lab...RM600 is expensive...

but anyway, juz make sure u get urself a healthy pup....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Feb 9, 2007, 11:58 PM)

ah_biii
Novice

Feb 11, 2007, 10:15 AM

Post #6 of 15 (2310 views)
Shortcut

dude, i bought my female golden retriever with MKA cert at RM1200 last 3 months .. juz help u to compare the price... hope u will get ur pet soon Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Feb 12, 2007, 5:18 AM

Post #7 of 15 (2301 views)
Shortcut

lol easy

retrivers got more fur than labs. Retrivers are more furrier.
Labs fur are abit rough and shortSmile

RM600 cheep but then it's more likely to be an old lab (1+years maybe)

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

C.K.Lee
New User

Feb 12, 2007, 6:46 AM

Post #8 of 15 (2299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ah_biii] Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Dude,

U just got your GR for RM1,200? Is a nice one? U got the phto ?

ah_biii
Novice

Feb 12, 2007, 10:57 AM

Post #9 of 15 (2292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [C.K.Lee] Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? [In reply to] Can't Post

the attached is my puupy's picture....

she have a very nice, smooth n long fur, small bone and very naugthy
Attachments: 31-2.JPG (52.6 KB)

ecilassim
Novice

Mar 13, 2007, 1:18 AM

Post #10 of 15 (2251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Lab Retriever & Golden Retriver differrent? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is she a pure breed Lab puppy?
Attachments: fifi.JPG (137 KB)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Mar 13, 2007, 1:39 AM

Post #11 of 15 (2246 views)
Shortcut

hihi...

should b a pure one cus looks like pure.. has all the pure look Sly

u got ask the breeder?

ecilassim
Novice

Mar 13, 2007, 1:55 AM

Post #12 of 15 (2242 views)
Shortcut

yes he said she's pure1,but tat day my bro bring she for injection,the doc said he didint realize she's lab puppy,tok she's "chai gou",so i scared might get cheated mah..

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Mar 13, 2007, 2:00 AM

Post #13 of 15 (2237 views)
Shortcut

oh... litat ah.. hmm... y not u post more pics here lo haha then after few more photos i can guarantee u hav a pure or not..

u can send to my email janesu_sc@h.o.t.m.a.i.l.c.o.m hahahhaha

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2007, 11:24 PM

Post #14 of 15 (2227 views)
Shortcut

i agree that most ppl would think tat labrador looks like a stray mutt...

in fact, there won't b any way to proof whether u had a pure or not....cert can't guarantee anything....u juz got to make sure tat u pay for a lab, n it must look like a lab....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 14, 2007, 11:23 AM

Post #15 of 15 (2218 views)
Shortcut

No they aren't.

The golden retriever is a formation of the Water Spaniel, the Newfoundland, the Irish Setter and a variety of water spaniels. The golden retriever was formed in the 1800's in Britain by Lord Teedmouth.

The history of the Labrador Retriever can be traced definitely back to the late 1700's in Newfoundland. At that time there were two breeds, the Greater Newfoundland and the Lesser Newfoundland.

www.akc.org/breeds/labrador_retriever/index.cfm
www.barkbytes.com/history/labret....
www.rebelcreek.com/goldenretrieve...

Rm 600 is cheap! Get one now.. Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Mar 14, 2007, 11:26 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my