Help! My puppy is lethargic

danielly
Dog Kichi

May 17, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Help! My puppy is lethargic Can't Post

Hi all,

A few days ago, Comet, my min pin puppy was having diarrhea. The doctor gave a course of medicine which had to be completed (today is the last course) and the diarrhea has gone. But since yesterday morning, Comet slept most of the time, he was still eating but looked lethargic. Yesterday, I sent him to the vet at 5.30pm and was given a clean bill of health. The vet said most probably he was moody due to the rain (it was raining the whole day) and lonely. He said that dogs have their moods too. This morning, he still looked weak and didn’t finish his food as usual. But he still wanted to play and biting my feet as usual. I still think that there’s something wrong with Comet and would like to get a second opinion from another vet. Am I overreacting? Unsure

Many thanks & regards,

~danielly~

valerie
Novice

May 20, 2003, 9:12 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielly] Help! My puppy is lethargic [In reply to] Can't Post

hi danielly

i strongly suggest that you get your min pin to another vet immediately as she certainly is showing signs of illness.my min schnauzer who died from distemper had showned all the symptoms your dog are having but please do not feel offended as i am not suggesting that your doggie has it

i recommend you dr ben at taman bukit desa, taman desa his no is 0379843852 he is very helpful

or you can go straight to UPM hospital and ask for dr.loh no:0386563528

hope your doggie will get better!

danielly
Dog Kichi

May 21, 2003, 7:02 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valerie] Help! My puppy is lethargic [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi valerie,

Thank you very much for your concern. The good news is Comet is back to his old self, naughty and jumping around, except for his ears, it became 'lembik' just like soggy biscuits. I wonder if they will go back to the original condition?? The 2nd vet also didn't find anything wrong with him.

Before Comet, I had a pair of daschund mixed puppies and sadly they also died of distemper Frown When Comet was feeling down the other day, I was also worried that he might have contracted the virus.

Thanks a lot for recommending the vets. I'm sure they must be very good but too bad I'm staying in Kota Kinabalu...hehehehe

Many thanks once again & regards

~danielly~

Lo
Novice

May 23, 2003, 10:59 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valerie] Help! My puppy is lethargic [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi
I am looking for a good vet in KL, is Dr Ben you mentioned also good at cats? Is he a local? Do you have more information about him *his address/qualication etc?) thanks.

Lo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my