Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Planning to buy a puppy~!

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2007, 6:25 AM

Post #1 of 18 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Planning to buy a puppy~! Can't Post

Hello,I'm new hereSmile. Hmm..I would like to buy a small size dog,people said better buy a puppy 1st because can train

them easier. I don't know anything about dogs,this is my 1st time. Just wana make sure i know how to handle the

puppy 1st then only i purchase it. I'm interested in JRT dog,but my friend said the dog will make a lot of noise.

I don't know how serious it is. For JRT dogs' owners,it is true about this fact?Shocked And how much usually a JRT puppy cost?

Everyone is welcome to write to me. I need more information about this. Really appreciated it!!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2007, 7:07 AM

Post #2 of 18 (2017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YanYan] Planning to buy a puppy~! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi YanYan,

JRT is a very very active dog, can jump very high and very alert as well therefore, you must really have time and willing to spend your time playing with it. Other wise, you better don't keep a JRT.

Things to look into when a beginner buying a pup: and since you are look at a small breed, here I'll make it simple;

1.) Where do you stay? (landed property or an appartment) If landed, a active dog or a hound dog would not be a problem, but still you got to watch out for the flowers and plants in your garden, they might dig out everything. if appartment avoid hound group! because hound tends to bark very often.

2.) Long coat or short coat. A long fur breed will incur lots of maintainence, a short one will be much better.

3.) Times to spend with your furkid. If you are too busy or limited time to spend with it... avoid a active breed... or may be I should say better don't keep any dog... coz it might end up with some sad ending.

4.) What purpose you want to own a dog? Different breed has its special own charactoristic... surf from the net on each and every single breed you are interested then find a breed that suites you.

cheer...

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2007, 7:49 AM

Post #3 of 18 (2014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Planning to buy a puppy~! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kevin,thanks for your reply. Really appreciated itWink. Well,I live on the 3rd floor in my shop house.

Can say it is more to condo surroundings. I'm still studying,mostly out all day till 4pm the latest. Wish to have an obedient

and quite type of dogs but don't know which 1 suit best. Prefer low maintanance type.Still new in this kind of

stuff,please tell me more anything about dogs. Thank you.

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2007, 12:35 AM

Post #4 of 18 (1997 views)
Shortcut

JRt arent that noisy.. they're active and really playfulSmile JRT puppy cost around RM800-RM1000 like that.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jan 30, 2007, 8:28 PM

Post #5 of 18 (1983 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Js keep in mind puppy needs a lot of attention n minding especially in the early months. When i first had my puppy, i went home almost every 1-2hrs to let her have her toilet break so that she won't dirty her sleeping area. I'm lucky coz tho i work the whole day, it's my own business n i can leave whenever i want. Not everybody have that sort of luxury. It's also part of toilet training, now she's very good and no matter which part of the house she's playing in, she'll go to the designated area to pee and poo. Puppy will eventually learn to hold their pee n poo for longer periods as they get older. If you can't dedicate this sort of time for ur pup, do u have someone who can help you? Also if puppy left alone for long period, it may develop separation anxiety and a whole lot of other problems like excessive barking.

To be honest, there is really no low maintenance dog. No matter what breed, u gotta put in the time and effort and make certain sacrifices. Even though breed and parentage may play a part in what sort of dog u'll end up with, it also depends on how u mould the dog. So get some books to read so u can get an idea of what u need to do for and with ur dog. Whether or not ur dog is quiet and obedient really depends on u and how u bring it up with proper training etc.

I hope this helps.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2007, 1:11 AM

Post #6 of 18 (1977 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hello,I'm new hereSmile. hi thr & welcome Hmm..I would like to buy a small size dog,people said better buy a puppy 1st because can train

them easier. ya, it'l be easier for u to train if ur startin fr a pup I don't know anything about dogs,this is my 1st time. Just wana make sure i know how to handle the

puppy 1st then only i purchase it. its good that u know wat ur gettin urself into before hand, btw... doggies arent somethin i purchase, i would say it would take a little of spark to select the pup u really want Tongue I'm interested in JRT dog,but my friend said the dog will make a lot of noise.

I don't know how serious it is. by understandin the breed, u'l learn that a jrt is bred to follow foxes & other quarry into tunnels, bark em out for the hounds to chase For JRT dogs' owners,it is true about this fact?Shocked And how much usually a JRT puppy cost? a jrt pup may range from RM 1800 to watever amount...there's no limit for a good doggie (like mastercard's ad, jrt=priceless)

Everyone is welcome to write to me. I need more information about this. Really appreciated it!! i would suggest u to read thru the posts in jrt zone under terrier group to further understand the breed... get a good book on jrt itself to equip urself with watever that may come in the future with ur jrt. learn the habits & understand their behaviour, a terrier will always dig, a jack rascal terror will create havoc in ur little space left unattented for some time, get to know those guardians with jrts, expose urself with the expressive attitude of a jrt. need more info mail me ok vinoviruz@g.m.a.i.l.c.o.m cheers

ezekiel 25:17

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2007, 1:17 AM

Post #7 of 18 (1974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Planning to buy a puppy~! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
JRt arent that noisy.. a jrt is bred to bark off a fox or quarry in tunnels, its in their blood to bark at somethin & for a reason they're active and really playfulSmile JRT puppy cost around RM800-RM1000 like that. whr u can find jrt this price??? pls let me know... got how many pups??? gender??? coat type??? colour??? button or pricked ears??? pls let me know ya... thx

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2007, 1:29 AM

Post #8 of 18 (1971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Planning to buy a puppy~! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello. Didn't expected to get so many helpful tips here.

Much appreciated. Well,today after my classes ended I purposely went to

Cheras,Leisure Mall to find books about dogs in the Popular,but too bad

that they didn't provided much books in thisUnsure. And on my way home,I saw a new opening

pet shop called 'Pets To All'(next to Wisma WTA). So I went there to check it out.

Although the shop is new but the services there was not good.

The workers there didn't even bother to serve the customers.So I just had a

quick browsed and then leave. I saw they are selling a brown colour Chihuahua,age 3

and the half cost RM1650. It is expensive?

There are grooming service avaiable but I don't know

whether is it good or not.

(This post was edited by YanYan on Jan 31, 2007, 1:34 AM)

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2007, 1:42 AM

Post #9 of 18 (1965 views)
Shortcut

errmmm... i dont think popular will have books on jrt, i got all my jrt books in borders, im fr pg so i wouldnt know any good book stores in central... chihuahua...sorry not my expertise ade, 0 knowledge on the breed....

cheers

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2007, 1:48 AM

Post #10 of 18 (1962 views)
Shortcut

Oh, it is from 'The Borders' the large bookstore? They sell quite a lot of

imported books from overseas especially. I know got 1 in Times Square,Kuala Lumpur.

Hmm..can you suggest some titled of the books you bought in penang that you think

it is useful for a beginner like me?Thanks

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2007, 2:09 AM

Post #11 of 18 (1960 views)
Shortcut

hmmm... ive got abt half a dozen books solely on jrt itself..till today i still ahvent finish em all yet, so far ive only able to finish 2 books so very difficult to give u an accurate comparison. reason i cant seem to finish the books cuz i kept on buyin new books each time i encounter em Unsure haha. nvm i'l teach u 1 thing, buy all the books u seem its good, at borders, ur allow to sit & read the entire book if u have the time, since ur a student think u can spend some afternnon time in borders??? as for the payment in books, keep all receipts, pass the receipts to ur parents for income tax refund... this year 2007 the allocated refund on books are raised to RM1000 per person compared to last year 2006 only RM600. therefore u can read all the jrt books available to u & ur parents can get the monies spent thru income tax refund Frown

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2007, 2:17 AM

Post #12 of 18 (1957 views)
Shortcut

HeheSmile. You are a true JRT dogs lover,am I right?

It is a good a idea about the income tax things~! No money is wasted.

Well,maybe I'll go to The Borders tomorrow to check it out. Coz tomorrow no class

Guess I'll be spending the whole afternoon there read and reading..Tongue

Anyway,thanks a lot!! I'll keep you up to date if I get to see any JRT avaiable here.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2007, 2:42 AM

Post #13 of 18 (1954 views)
Shortcut

hehe i like all doggies but i luv jrts Cool

btw... try not to buy fr petshops ya... check out the jrt zone in terrier group & u'l find some jrt guardians will give references on reputable breeders.

as a matter of fact, june (guardian) 's whiskey (jrt) breeder had some new pups. mail me for more details cuz the forum rules we're not allowed to buy sell or tryin to mate our doggies here

cheers

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2007, 5:27 PM

Post #14 of 18 (1945 views)
Shortcut

Good morning

You are early like usual. Oh ya,I've email you concerning about the issue that you told me

in the previous post. Just contact a seller who sells Cavalier King Charles for RM1800. Although

it is cute but the price is over my budget alreadyUnsure. Offering JRT male costing RM1100 with MKA reg,

micro chip and vacc. Didn't stated the age. Roughly will around this price it is? I've asked 2 seller

and the price is the same.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2007, 1:19 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1934 views)
Shortcut

ya ive replied ur mail regardin the jrt...

try not to get ur jrt fr a petshop ok?

cheers

YanYan
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2007, 5:39 PM

Post #16 of 18 (1921 views)
Shortcut

Thanks~! I've read through your mail. Will try to call Henry later.

Wait for my good news!!

YanYan
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #17 of 18 (1916 views)
Shortcut

OopssFrown! Sorry,I accidently deleted my mail so I've lost Henry's contact number as well.

Can you please send me the mail again? Thanks a lot

(This post was edited by YanYan on Feb 1, 2007, 6:12 PM)

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2007, 6:13 PM

Post #18 of 18 (1914 views)
Shortcut

no prob girl, actually this breeder ive heard of his name before ade, quite positive feedback & nothin negative & furthermore he's introduced by a fellow fren & forumer here. take pics of female jrts for me ya...

thx

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my