Peeing when excited...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

angekok

May 16, 2003, 7:03 PM

Post #1 of 54 (3274 views)
Shortcut
Peeing when excited... Can't Post

Dear everyone...

Just wondering why donut always pee when he gets excited... almost everytime, when he sees me home from work.... Though he won't run to me, but he will hop and jump near me to get my attention. And after that, he will pee..... Pirate. I wanted to "pet pet" him Mad, but i'm afraid that this will give a signal for him not to come to me....Frown.

Any suggestion to correct this bad habit of his?

Cheers~~~

Lots of Doggies' Love, Ange.

milooh

May 17, 2003, 8:42 AM

Post #2 of 54 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angekok] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it’s a sign of submission. When you come home and he hops and jumps, pretend you don’t see him until he becomes quiet and settle down. Then tell him he is a good boy and treat him. See if this helps.

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

angekok

May 17, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #3 of 54 (3258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,Milooh.....

Thanks for ur advice... let me try this afternoon when i'm back home.... I'm worried that this will discourage him from coming to me when i'm home....since i'm having trouble getting him to run to me....

Hmm.... prolly holding some dog food everytime i'm home could work....plus ur advice..... let me try this afternoon.....

Cheers....

kingkong
Canine Addict

May 17, 2003, 8:39 PM

Post #4 of 54 (3254 views)
Shortcut

hi, when u say PEE it really means PEE or it just some drop of urine on the floor?
my chihuahua is always excited once i come home, it happen few time when i notice some drop of urine on the floor, mayb he hold the pee for some time. after the excitement, he will settle down n go toilet to pee.... so now everytime i back home i take him to toilet first, as he always wait for me to be at home then only he will pee n poo so that there is some 1 who will clean the toilet for him i think.

Regards,
Eric with Sushi, a long-coat chihuahua.

angekok

May 17, 2003, 8:51 PM

Post #5 of 54 (3252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kingkong] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Eric...

It's like drops and at times puddle.... but as u know lar, silky terrier's pee not much.... so onli small puddles....Crazy

Sushi sounded a good kid... but aa ...take u as the pee and pooh man wor... kekekekeWink.....

Anyway, u just gave me another idea of bringing Donut to the peeing spot everytime i get back from work..... Thanks, pal!

Cheers~~

doodle
ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #6 of 54 (3223 views)
Shortcut

Hi all!

Yeah, each time when I come home. (doodle cage) when I release him, he will be wagging his tail and then pee all over!

Sometimes when come to feeding time, he just simply 'shoot'.

Weird?

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 26, 2003, 9:09 AM

Post #7 of 54 (3222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kingkong] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Eric,

Mocha did exactly the same thing as Sushi, wag her tail so hard till some pee droplet comes out and on the floor i get to see some drop here and there... then she will be a good lil girl and pee after she settle down from all the excitement of seeing me !

cheers,
minglmy

doodle
ALPHA

Jun 1, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #8 of 54 (3203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

What should we do about this? Is there any way?
I heard that when they are one year old, it will stop. Does that mean I will continue mopping the floor for a year?
wah

Crazy

wendi
Novice

Jun 6, 2003, 7:59 AM

Post #9 of 54 (3188 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone!!!Same thing happens to my 4 months old miniature schnauzer.Is this a symptom of small puppy as it did not happen to my (late) shit tzu and cocker spaniel.I am so worried as she will start peeing

especially when stranger(my friend) try to be friend with her and start hiding herself at the corner.When no stranger is around,she will automatically turned into a hyper energetic puppy that bites and chase after people's leg.Experts out there....kindly advice Frown

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jun 6, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #10 of 54 (3181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wendi] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Your dog hiding herself could be bcos she's scare that the stranger will take her away. Did she have that bad experience before?

Regards,
Swee Eng

angekok

Jun 6, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #11 of 54 (3177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, doodle..

I've checked this matter with the vet and also Donut's breeder, they mentioned that it's ok as donut is still young...he can't control his bladder when excited. But they mentioned that he will grow out of that habit when he's approx 1 year old....

So i took kingkong's trick to let donut stay put at his wee wee area when he sees me after work..... then when he is done with the droplet-peeing, then i continue to play with him elsewhere.....

Cheers~~

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 6, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #12 of 54 (3176 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Pee'ng when your dog gets excited is actually not a bad habit...it's called submissive urination....some puppies will pee when they get excited and most will grow out of it when they become adults as their confidence level grows with them.....what u can do to ease your dog's excitement level is each time u come home or each time there is someone visiting u, don't give your attention to the dog immediately...when u walk in the door, don't call your dogs name and don't bend down and tower over her and make a fuss over her to get her more excited....ignore her for awhile, let her calm down by herself then only pay a bit of attention to her....when u do, squat down instead of bending down and towering over her...to a small dog, us humans are giant so if u squat or sit on the floor u will be at the same eye level with them and it won't be so intimidating...also when u pat her try not to pat her on top of her head, instead do it under the chin...you may notice if a puppy is lack of confidence, when u lift your hand to try and pat her on the head the pup will kinda lower its head and ears a bit which is a sign of submission.

Exposing her to the outside world more will also help build her confidence level....hope this helps Smile

angekok

Jun 7, 2003, 12:55 AM

Post #13 of 54 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, ginl...

Thank you berry berry much for your info... never tot of that...

I hope this will work on Donut.

Thanks and Rgds.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 10, 2003, 8:28 PM

Post #14 of 54 (3149 views)
Shortcut

Gina is right, ignore that fella whenever you get back.. walk straight to the room or something like that until they are better than only play with them.... don't you get fedup especially when they cut thier nails and they start jumping up and down on your leg and leave lines as they scratches up and down... gosh!! it's still alright if you are wearing jeans, but if you are in skirt or shorts... that's it lar..... you will be jumping up and down as well and get them more excited!! hahahha!!

KEIDOU

Jun 14, 2003, 12:04 AM

Post #15 of 54 (3129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

hai,

i read about a doggie book... it say that puppy body haven fully develop n not mature yet.....

then like old folk , they urine cannot control.

so why a puppy can pee n poo many time in one day becoz of this loh.....

when grow up, this problem reduce.... so i not worried but happy when i know my doggie very very happy!!!!

anyway everytime they give us trouble, we need to train them or gif them notice......

wish every doggie can pee pee poo poo happy n smoothly!!!
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 15, 2003, 2:58 AM

Post #16 of 54 (3123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KEIDOU] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha! Ha! that was a very cute statement Laugh Yeah! hope that our doggie can poo poo and pee pee smoothly! hahahhaha!!

angekok

Jun 18, 2003, 9:35 PM

Post #17 of 54 (3107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Lisa...

yes, i did try ignoring donut, but sumhow, my neice will play with him when i'm back home.... Tongue ... then he will shh shh lor.... i think aa.. i need to train my lil niece 1st... hehehe!

talking about cutting nails aa.... haii.... i will take at least 45mins to cut them orrh... if fedup then i'll hold up the scissors and start trimming the hair for a change lor.... Wink... i'll usually try to do this in front of the TV... since it's goin' to be a time-consuming task....

so far, i'm not afraid of the scratching but the bitting aa.... he spoilt one of my newly bought baju Unsure.

Cheers~~!

archer
K9 Senior

Jun 19, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #18 of 54 (3102 views)
Shortcut

buahahahahahaha ! baju oh baju ... u should consider placing ur laundry basket on higher surfaces Wink
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

angekok

Jun 19, 2003, 5:12 AM

Post #19 of 54 (3099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [archer] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, Archer...

I would haf to admit that i've learnt a lesson from that....Blush

But if i'm not wrong, yoda also newly own one of ur pants, rite? Tongue Hmm.... looks like i've got good memory, huh...Laugh kekeke!!

Cheers~!

archer
K9 Senior

Jun 19, 2003, 5:01 PM

Post #20 of 54 (3092 views)
Shortcut

hahaha yes he has claimed ownership of muh bermuda shorts, at least that pair was like erm ... let's see ... 3 years old? Wink
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jun 21, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #21 of 54 (3072 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I had this problem before with my odie...but he's now a big boy...so he's back to normal...whenever he's excited, he used to pee pee in front of mommy and daddy...but after several scoldings, he's now OK...my point of view, maybe you should give him something to bite on each time you're back from work..like his toy or things like dat...dogs love to bite on something to greet their daddy or mommy...so it sorta eliminates his thought to peepee whenever he's too excited...immediately bring him to his pee pee "pent"...so he could ease himself...odie's daddy gave him quite a hard time when he did that..his daddy would point at the peepee..and odie would feel bad most of the time..so he's getting better each time in controlling his bladder...afterall, he was still a puppy...yours is still a puppy right?i think your problem should be solved once your baby gets older...dun worry..

take care
Meme

odie moves MY world!

angekok

Jun 23, 2003, 8:45 PM

Post #22 of 54 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Helo, amy...

Thanks for ur advice.

Donut is pretty young...onli like 4 mths old.... so prolly haf to gif him some time to grow out of this...

i'm also training his self-confidence as much as possible... hope it helps...

Cheers!

kimia_girl
Dog Kichi

Aug 7, 2003, 11:11 PM

Post #23 of 54 (2995 views)
Shortcut

hi there ...i just bought a silky terrier about a week ago...im having the same prob too...my little boy pee when he is excited...Unimpressed i live in apartment sharing with my frens...everytime after class ..my frens or my housemates calling his name ...he surely run towards them happily..n pee at the same time ...now i have to tell them not to call him b4 he pee on newspaper....sometimes its kinda funnie...my boy is only 2 months old...so i guess ..i need to be patient ...

good day :)

sherlock & twinkle

Gwendolyn
Novice

Aug 21, 2003, 4:29 AM

Post #24 of 54 (2958 views)
Shortcut

HEHE Donut very cute la, looks alot like Twinkle behaves like Twinkle too Laugh
~Gwen~

angekok

Aug 21, 2003, 7:56 PM

Post #25 of 54 (2947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimia_girl] Peeing when excited... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, kimia_girl...

Sorry for the late reply.

Lil Donut is oledi 6 mths old... but still he's having the same prob. Haii.... Tried many ways but to no avail. The coverage of the droplets seem to be much higher lately.... aiyuh.... Pirate.

Let's both be patient with our beloved furkids.

Cheers!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my