Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Melaka

crumb
Novice

Jan 23, 2007, 11:56 PM

Post #1 of 3 (918 views)
Shortcut
Melaka Can't Post

Anyone knows where in Melaka i can bring my dog out for a walk? Cos i will be there for three months and i do not wish to deprive my dog off their walk and exercise. Please help me out here.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Feb 2, 2007, 8:50 PM

Post #2 of 3 (885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crumb] Melaka [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there...well I'm from melaka but now working in KL.

Actually there are a couple of places you can bring ur dog too. The general rule always applies no matter where you are. They are not allowed into malls, shops and buildings. So as long as you can control ur furkid, you can take him almost anywhere in town. Just becareful of the narrow roads and always pick up his 'gold'.

When I first got back with Rascal, I used to take him to the playground near the Municipal Pool near Clock tower. If not, you can drive all the way to Klebang and there's a beach there. There is also a place I took rascal to once only. That's the nice lil park in front of MBMB building in ayer keroh, just beside Jusco. But that place is filled with ppl who are terrified of dogs if not hates them. So you kinda get lots of unfriendly stares. If you wanna jog with your furkid, take him along with you to Bukit Cina or St John's Hill. You can also take ur furkid with you to portuguese settlement. It's an open area there and you can enjoy ur beer and ikan pangang while ur furkid enjoy the view and maybe some coconut water.

Just bear in mind that, Melaka is almost always filled with tourist. So wherever you go, you have to put a leash on ur furkid and bring lots of plastic bags.

So have fun in MLK and i'll be going home with Rascal for CNY soon!

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

crumb
Novice

Feb 2, 2007, 9:38 PM

Post #3 of 3 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Melaka [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks a lot, glad to know there is so many places in melaka that i can bring my dog to. otherwise cant imagine my dog sleeping in the apartment everyday. The pent up energy in her could result in destruction of many things. keke...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my