Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES?

lucille
New User

Jan 16, 2007, 1:19 AM

Post #1 of 8 (4033 views)
Shortcut
NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES? Can't Post

My Aust Silky got pregnant and I only discover it after a month. the father is also a Aust Silky, both with microchip and registered. Now my vet told me, that I cant get certs and registered microchips for the 4 babies becos of the new ruling. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Also, I dont think I can keep all four babies. I hv friends who are asking me if I plan to give them away. I dont need to make money out of my babies, but I really wouldnt give them away. I am happy to give one to my aunt who loves dogs. So what do I say and how shd i tell my friends without offending them? My vet suggested I put a high price tag on them as since this is the only one time my Silky is going to have babies.

thank you.....

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2007, 3:54 AM

Post #2 of 8 (4025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lucille] NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My Aust Silky got pregnant and I only discover it after a month. the father is also a Aust Silky, both with microchip and registered. Now my vet told me, that I cant get certs and registered microchips for the 4 babies becos of the new ruling. Can anyone tell me what to do? if ur plannin to be a breeder or showin ur new pup, then i guess the cert wont be an issue rite? as for the chip, u can get it even without havin a cert for ur doggie

Also, I dont think I can keep all four babies. I hv friends who are asking me if I plan to give them away. I dont need to make money out of my babies, but I really wouldnt give them away. I am happy to give one to my aunt who loves dogs. So what do I say and how shd i tell my friends without offending them? My vet suggested I put a high price tag on them as since this is the only one time my Silky is going to have babies. u need not put a high price, somethin u would feel comfy with. u can put at half of wat u have paid for their parents. this is not to make money, jz simple psychology. u pay u'l cherish. if free, break also nvm... most ppl would understand. u can tell em u want a red packet for blessing, the amount can be up to the new guardians

thank you.....cheers

ezekiel 25:17

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2007, 6:30 AM

Post #3 of 8 (4018 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
My Aust Silky got pregnant and I only discover it after a month. the father is also a Aust Silky, both with microchip and registered. Now my vet told me, that I cant get certs and registered microchips for the 4 babies becos of the new ruling. Can anyone tell me what to do? There is no new ruling on getting MKA cert. The ruling is still the same many years ago. You still can get a cert just go to MKA office and sign the form 1 (mating cert) and state the mating date within 28 days in the form. If the mating date taken over 28days you still not yet submit the form 1 to MKA, they will not accept your late submissions. Understand? Fast fast go to MKA office tomorrow and do it ASAP!!! Things required by MKA when submitting the form 1 (Mating cert) 1. Photocopy Male dog pedigree 2. You are the current female dog owner If you still need further assistant about register your dog. Please feel free to email me at chrisoys @ y.a.h.o.o.com

Also, I dont think I can keep all four babies. I hv friends who are asking me if I plan to give them away. I dont need to make money out of my babies, but I really wouldnt give them away. I am happy to give one to my aunt who loves dogs. So what do I say and how shd i tell my friends without offending them? My vet suggested I put a high price tag on them as since this is the only one time my Silky is going to have babies. Why put the high price tag, your Silky have no cert? Better sell it cheap and find them a good home! Most important thing you must think are the potential owners must be ready to take care the puppy. If you feel they are not ready for the puppy better look for others that can. Yes, they did pay you money for the puppy but this is your responsible to screen thru the potential owner and tell them the commitment they need to care for a puppy. Atleast the potential dog owner are well inform about the commitment before purchase the puppy from you. Good LuckCool Hope this helpWink
thank you.....

lucille
New User

Jan 17, 2007, 4:40 PM

Post #4 of 8 (4006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Vino and Chris for your time. I appreciate the advise and now feel much better knowing that there are ppl out there who helps lost souls like me :)

I wl keep everyone posted in case some unfortunate soul wld be in the same situ as I.

Thanks!!!

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 18, 2007, 3:36 AM

Post #5 of 8 (3996 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks Vino and Chris for your time. I appreciate the advise and now feel much better knowing that there are ppl out there who helps lost souls like me :)

I wl keep everyone posted in case some unfortunate soul wld be in the same situ as I.

Thanks!!!

no sweat

ezekiel 25:17

ambermae
Dog Kichi

Jan 18, 2007, 8:57 AM

Post #6 of 8 (3993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
My Aust Silky got pregnant and I only discover it after a month. the father is also a Aust Silky, both with microchip and registered. Now my vet told me, that I cant get certs and registered microchips for the 4 babies becos of the new ruling. Can anyone tell me what to do? There is no new ruling on getting MKA cert. The ruling is still the same many years ago. You still can get a cert just go to MKA office and sign the form 1 (mating cert) and state the mating date within 28 days in the form. If the mating date taken over 28days you still not yet submit the form 1 to MKA, they will not accept your late submissions. Understand? Fast fast go to MKA office tomorrow and do it ASAP!!! Things required by MKA when submitting the form 1 (Mating cert) 1. Photocopy Male dog pedigree 2. You are the current female dog owner If you still need further assistant about register your dog. Please feel free to email me at chrisoys @ y.a.h.o.o.com

Also, I dont think I can keep all four babies. I hv friends who are asking me if I plan to give them away. I dont need to make money out of my babies, but I really wouldnt give them away. I am happy to give one to my aunt who loves dogs. So what do I say and how shd i tell my friends without offending them? My vet suggested I put a high price tag on them as since this is the only one time my Silky is going to have babies. Why put the high price tag, your Silky have no cert? Better sell it cheap and find them a good home! Most important thing you must think are the potential owners must be ready to take care the puppy. If you feel they are not ready for the puppy better look for others that can. Yes, they did pay you money for the puppy but this is your responsible to screen thru the potential owner and tell them the commitment they need to care for a puppy. Atleast the potential dog owner are well inform about the commitment before purchase the puppy from you. Good LuckCool Hope this helpWink
thank you..... Hi Chrisong, Just wondering...are you from MKA? U seem to be very knowledgable about MKA rules, what form to use etc And then when I look around the forum, you seem to be the one promoting all of MKA's all breed championship shows. You even know the number. Even I don't know whether its the 245th show or the 789th show. Wow. Don't get defensive, I'm just curious.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2007, 4:42 PM

Post #7 of 8 (3990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ambermae] NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why you say I am the only one promoting MKA event? This is because no one care about MKA conformation show! I care!!!

I promote all doggie events not only organise by MKA. I think you should know PPCOM not allowed to promote other doggie event held by other organisation in this forum.

I not from MKA. Just a ordinary MKA member that know about them to share my experience dealing with MKA.

CheersCool

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Apr 30, 2007, 6:37 PM

Post #8 of 8 (3682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ambermae] NO CERT NO MICROCHIPS 4MY BABIES? [In reply to] Can't Post

Do come and join the show. Is really quite a fun event.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my