IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
help!

KEIDOU

May 14, 2003, 3:10 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1221 views)
Shortcut
help! Can't Post

my one year female doggie haven come period, n today no appetite then i use hand n game to force her eat some ,coz need let her take antibiotic for her fur loss problem...... miao miao is a local dog, my family dun like her n also dun want me waste money on her....

i buy many product 4 her itchy n scratch but no use then bring her to hospital vet beside star LRT titiwangsa.cost me rm150PiratePiratePirate.

the advise is to "unbreed"(YEIM) her. but i dun like do thing like that( not natural).

the advisor say this is problem of her harmone.

anyone face this problem b4?

a poor doggie (me also kasihan) is look furless n like monster. i dun like people shout: yearh!!! no hair arh...

when i bring her n m.schnauzer out together...they all dun like miao maio. i also not happy if people thing i dun take care own dog well.FrownUnsureUnsureUnsureUnsure

help me!!!

TonguekeidouTongue
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 16, 2003, 7:10 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KEIDOU] help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Keidou,
Did the vet said by neutering her, it will improve her skin infection? Neutering is good for dog, if you do not intend to breed her.
Below is a few sentences I took from Petsmart. Have fun rewading it.

Breeding your dog will not bring financial rewards. The realities are staggering vet bills, possible loss of puppies or the mother, unsold puppies wreaking havoc, and giving away puppies for little or nothing to people who may not care for them properly.

Neutered dogs do not get fat and lazy. Dogs who eat too much and get too little exercise get fat and lazy.

Any personality changes from neutering will be for the better. Neutering has no effect on intelligence. Neutered dogs tend to be more gentle and affectionate. They become less interested in other animals, in running away, and spend more time with the family.

Spayed females have a lower incidence of certain health problems, especially as they age. Spaying a dog before she is two years of age dramatically reduces her risk of breast cancer. And of course spayed females cannot develop uterine infections.

Hope this help.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

joycet78

May 17, 2003, 1:59 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Keidou,

I agree with "Trivor" totally. Neutering will be good for your doggie. Poor thing must be wondering what's wrong with herself. Hormonal imbalance can be quite taxing on some dogs. If you don't intend to breed her, I agree that the best you can do for her.. I sent my cat for spaying the same reason .. but done by a very experience doctor so there is nothing to worry about. Think about it.... you don't have people making fun of her at least!. Anyway.. i believe you're the best judge.

good luck!!Tongue
JT78

KEIDOU

May 17, 2003, 2:11 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1201 views)
Shortcut

oh....i mean vet advise me to neuter her so the skin problem will recover.ya, i know this is good for dog but i think it is 1)against the natural
2)maybe expensive
3)a local dog need ?
4)maybe i want to give away this dog

thank all of ur idea...
TongueKEIDOUTongue
ALWIZ BE NAUGHTY!
BE FUNNY
BE NAIVE

.'"'..
'
( '0' )_!)
' '
LL_ *_J

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 17, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1197 views)
Shortcut

Oh Keidou,
I am a bit saed when you mentioned "giving her away" Frown
well, all I want to say is: the poor dog is not a gift which we could easily throw away when it is broken.
Yes, neutering is quite expensive but it is for long term benefits. She will get better and have a qulity life, and you will be out of "trouble" (on heat, pregnancy...etc)
I have a neighbour, whose dog had cancer on his left leg, unable to remove. They have suffered for quite long time. I just happened to ask her last weekend, why don't he end his dog's life. He told me, will you end your son's life if he has cancer? I almost cried out loud and turned away. I feel ashame of myself.
Hope this will help. I am not trying to be "super hero" to save your dog's life but hope you can really consider deeply if you really want to give her away, unless you can find a good home for her.

thanks for listening and reading. Hope to get more updated news from you and your dogs.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

May 18, 2003, 8:55 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1193 views)
Shortcut

hi,

thanks for sharing your neighbour's quote, "will u end your son's life if he has cancer?"

well, we could also apply the same question, "will u neuter/spay (what's the term they use for humans?) a person if u don't want him/her to mate anymore?" we would definitely say no for an answer. but we all know some would agree that spaying/neutering their dog is a better option. I personally think so too.

my point is, there's many ways of looking at things, there's no wrong or right. the thought of ending the dog's life is not wrong or right. it's a matter of personal opinion. so don't feel ashamed. you're not wrong. haha, sorry, i have the mood to chat today, didn't mean to get so long winded, just simply sharing my silly thoughts with u.

btw, i strongly agree with u. Keidou, i hope you're not planning to give ur dog away simply because she's not in tip top condition - and you're placing her in the "reject" box. anyway, i believe u love her, as u are still keeping her now despite your family and friends who doesn't quite like her. i hope u give her a chance, and love her as much as she loves u.

regards,
chatty hunter

wkser
ALPHA

May 22, 2003, 1:50 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1165 views)
Shortcut

hi,

Please dun give your dog away,SPCA is having a neutuering/spaying programme now they only charge for a minimal fees.Frankly there is no natural or not since if you dun intend not to breed your dog is the best to spay them.Or sometimes kibbles also give problem to shedding and skin problem

regards
kangser and nous

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my