Puppymills

chelsea6564
Novice

Jan 15, 2007, 1:03 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1962 views)
Shortcut
Puppymills Can't Post

Hello all,
i know here is a forum for those who before get a dog.
if anyone knows any puppymills in Malaysia please reply here with d contact no. , e-mail , name ,and address.
i know one but later i include d info.

Frown~Dog For Life~Frown

Frowndogs adoption blogFrown
FrownLovpet StationFrown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2007, 3:31 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chelsea6564] Puppymills [In reply to] Can't Post

are u plannin to rescue the doggies & burn down all the pups mills???

ezekiel 25:17

(This post was edited by vinoviruz on Jan 16, 2007, 3:31 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2007, 5:31 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Puppymills [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't think can hapus all the puppymillsMad This heartless ppls will always be around usMad Some operate in huge scale like chicken farm, some small scale follow the market demandMad

The detail info on puppymills where about & the person contact, Is good to potential dog owner so that they are well inform, this will help to stop the purchasing of the puppies from that particular dog breeders. It help abit to stop puppymills!!!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2007, 6:39 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1941 views)
Shortcut

Aiyah..., if like this a lot of people will kena lor... as far as I know there are members from M** also can be consider as puppymills..., they breeding more than a breed... How har?

The only way to stop these people is STOP buying from these people... buy can we? Most of the people do not need a show quality dog, they might just need a pet... show dog and working line are not cheap... then they go for a cheaper one----puppymills.

Few ways to stop this (just some stupid suggestions Wink)

1.) Unless the government will take action against these people otherwise no one can actually stop them. You know lar... can meh? They don't against any rules...

2.) The so call responsible breeder lower down the selling price so that they compete with the puppymills. But can meh? The cost of keeping these quality breed are so high... they themselves also will ask for a higher price. If not RUGI lar... who want to do a RUGI bisiness.

3.) Breeding rare breed or banned breed... Wink, puppymills won't breed these breed... No demand... hahaha! But TAKUT PULA..., the responsible breeders might " Tok Pui Chek" them... because most of the resonsible breeders are M** people.

How har?............. Crazy

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 16, 2007, 8:02 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1938 views)
Shortcut

You can't get rid of puppy mills. So long as there's a demand for pet-shop dogs the puppy mills will be there. And the demand will always be there.

potter

Feb 12, 2007, 11:56 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1877 views)
Shortcut

We can never get rid of puppymills but we should at least try than to just say "It will always be there hence no need to do anything about it". That really isn't good enough. Females are bring bred over and over again in cages and bad conditions and not even cared for properly are very pitiful. Perhaps if chelsea6564 has started this thread, we should try to support it and list what we could find.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

meyueli
Novice

Mar 2, 2007, 7:41 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] Puppymills [In reply to] Can't Post

How do I post a name of a irresponsible breeder? He sold me a puppy who turned out to be VERY SICK. And he refused to take responsibility.

Would like to warn everyone about this fellar.

How? What can I do?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 2, 2007, 11:00 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meyueli] Puppymills [In reply to] Can't Post

jz share ur exp here lo...

GSlover
Canine Addict

Mar 4, 2007, 8:52 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1839 views)
Shortcut

Hey,

Just to share with you all the recent experience I had. Some of you may know that my ACS pet was stolen. So I went around to several petshops to find a ACS puppy to mend my broken heart and meantime hope to be able to find my pet there if possible.

And I found one so called "breeding centre" operate with signboard in Setapak. That is like legalised puppymill. That center has 12 cubes of jail type cage for dogs where I can see once stepped in. I went there because they claimed there is one ACS puppy 7 mths old, when I went over to see, I told him that was not purebreed, because I had done my research well on ACS, that dog muzzle is like a spitz. He told me that dog has a cert. I told him that must be a fraud cert. The ACS dog quality is really bad, the tail was docked very ugly. And the price is RM1k.

We had some chat, he even asked me whether want to breed my Beagle, can bring over to his centre. I told him my Beagle is still young, he kept on insisting that the bitch can be breed after 1st heat. I said no, I do not jeopardize my pet's health on that.

See...many irresponsible breeders out there only concern of earning fast cash regardless of the health readiness of the dogs.

Few days ago, I saw from adpost.com, there was one seller is intending to sell out 1 pair of ACS adult dogs for RM1.8k, claiming the dogs are from champion line. Out of curiousity, I called the seller, he told me the reason he is not going to continue his ACS breeding so that is why he is selling out his dogs. He sent over the photos for me to view. I really took pity on those dogs, almost feel like buying those dogs to save them from falling into other backyard breeders' hand.

I already have 3 dogs at home, I really can't keep those dogs even if I bought them. My friend warned me not to buy, because those dogs have been in the captive, may not be a good house pet citizen. So...heart breaking to see those dogs' condition, especially the bith looks so weak and skinny.

(This post was edited by GSlover on Mar 5, 2007, 7:49 AM)

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 6, 2007, 2:34 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] Puppymills [In reply to] Can't Post

the only reason puppymills can survive of cuz of demands. so as long as ppl buy their doggies fr reputable breeders, only then, the population of puppymills can decrease.

new young girls will go "gaga" over cute petshop pups. buy pups at a fraction of a time, on the spot w/out thinkin of the doggie's future with em...

fren, all this are the things in life whr we cant do much abt it. like somebody gettin stabbed, mugged, robbed, raped, etc...

can only advise & give suggestion, whether ppl listen not???

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my