Home: Breed Specific: Working Group:
Siberian Husky's Nature

MiccObaYb
Novice

Jan 12, 2007, 8:46 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1122 views)
Shortcut
Siberian Husky's Nature Can't Post

Hi Puppy-Lovers! Just a few question regarding the nature of Siberian Huskies..

I've recently brought home a Siberian Husky 1 month ago. Her name is J-Mie Apparently, a 3months old Husky is meant to be bigger. Mine is almost one arm's length. Veterinarian says it's slightly smaller size compared to average Husky puppy size.

Besides that point, I'm aware that Husky's natural eye color are blue, green and grey. Mine is Black though.. Unsure. Is that normal? My husky is pure bred, micro-chipped and certified. Is there such a thing as black eyed huskies?

Also, J-Mie has inflammation that causes pus on her lower abdomen area. Heat? I used medicated talc on it. Reduced the inflammation but if I stop applying talc, it comes back again!

Advice me, kay? Thanks heapz!

Elaine
| Siberian Husky | Maltese | Shiba Inu |

(This post was edited by MiccObaYb on Jan 12, 2007, 8:50 PM)

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Jan 18, 2007, 8:17 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MiccObaYb] Siberian Husky's Nature [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Elaine ,

Its normal for huskies to have black eyes . Don't worry . Some even have eyes with two colouring (differemt colours on each eye )

Sizes of huskies do defer .

Just apply talcum powder on the inflamed area . Is she sleeping on her pee . This happens when the dog sleeps frequently on her pee . (especially puppies that are confined in play pens ). Use a tissue and wipe the pus . Make sure that you use a new piece all the time as it might spread .

Good Luck

Kelwts

egnck
Dog Kichi

Jan 30, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelwts] Siberian Husky's Nature [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,

I would like to know how is the maintainance like for a Husky?. Also can Husky's be kept outdoors?

kelwts
Dog Kichi

Feb 3, 2007, 12:47 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egnck] Siberian Husky's Nature [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi All,

I would like to know how is the maintainance like for a Husky?. Also can Husky's be kept outdoors?

Hi ,

The maintenance for a husky is basically quite simple and low maintenance with basically a bath once a week and probably some brushing once a while . They however , do shed once sometimes twice a year and this can be rather messy.

if possible , pls at least include a fan .

Huskies can be kept outdoors but make sure there is lots of shade available. Also provide lots of water , Make sue yr fencing is high and stable enough as huskies are great escape artist . They are aslo great diggers and can make a hole under the fence. They also have a great digging drive.

good luck

kelwts

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my