Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!!

wkheong
Novice

Jan 4, 2007, 11:31 PM

Post #1 of 18 (15074 views)
Shortcut
ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! Can't Post

My golden retriever is 5 months old now. Got her on 31st Dec 2006. On her first day, she learned how to play fetch and shake hands. But it seems that its so hard to toilet train her. On the first day, i put her in the toilet and she pee poo there. Consider good for first day. THen next day, she pee poo on the living room and day 2 pee poo in my room at nite. After peepoo she will look for me to clean up her mess and she will sit there watch me do it. But it got worse.

3th day she pee poo in living room. 2 spots and she drag the poo all over. OMG!!!! And she ate poo 2 times already !!! more OMGGG!!! But this morning she pee poo outside and i quickly clean it. Does poo tast that good????? OMG!!! Now she pee poo everywhere but on news paper. She will pee poo near by news paper than she will drag the news paper everywhere. Now she is so untrained + eat poo Pirate Mati lah like tat. How helppp mee....But the good thing tat she is smart and she doesnt bark or make noise at all. She only make some noise and not bark when she wants something. SHe will do anything but pee poo on the right place. And Im afraid that when im not at home she will poo and eat her own poo. YUCKK!! MadPirate If like tat everytime oso deworm deworm. Only 3 days her ball rosak already. Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Jan 5, 2007, 12:56 AM

Post #2 of 18 (15068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkheong] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

oh...u can't expect ur doggie to be toilet trained in just a few days time...the most important thing is consistency...bring her to the place u wanna train her for her pee poo immediately after she wakes up, few minutes after meal or try to check her time of pee poo...bring her there when u see her wanna pee poo...i took more then 3 months to have Goofy trained to go to toilet himself...i know that might be a bit late, i heard some other might only took 1 month to train up....be patient, friend...she's only 5 months old, still consider young la..u really need to be patience to well trained ur doggie...

keep it up...good luck.......

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

wkheong
Novice

Jan 5, 2007, 5:05 AM

Post #3 of 18 (15064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown oh nooo....mom is angry. TOday she poo and pee in house again + eat poo poo. She bite mom's ikea table leg. Ahh~~

how. I need some instant help. Mom screaming.Pirate

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 5:41 AM

Post #4 of 18 (15063 views)
Shortcut

wkheong..

i tink the previous owner din train her. or did u get her from a pet shop? its more likely if u get her from a pet shop cus in pet shops the doggies just peepoo in their cage

toilet training is not like hand-shake training. u need time and patience. some dogs take shorter time, some dogs take longer time. it depends on where ur cutie likes to do her business also. if she likes to do on grass, then train her to do on grass (easier). if not, then train on newspp.

wat brand do u feed ur GR? normally lower graded brands, puppies will eat their poo. this is becos all the nutrients come out, and puppies find it tasty, and tot is their food. also it might be becos of ur cutie is hungry, so it eats watever is edible.

don worry.. no need deworm. unless eat other alien things. then deworm

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

mykiko

Jan 5, 2007, 6:22 PM

Post #5 of 18 (15058 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I will hit kiko and tell her NO when she simply bite things and also simply pee or poo. ill also lecture her for a while.... tell her she cannot pee here and bring her to the right place and tell her pee here. You gotta let her know what is DO and DONTS! As you just brought her back, everything is so new to her. So she is very curious and nervous, she dont know where to pee and poo... So you gotta teach her!

Buy more toys for her to bite and play.... Or maybe you can put her in the crate while you are not around.

Good Luck!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 6:34 PM

Post #6 of 18 (15055 views)
Shortcut

hi,

no worries...every new dog owners face the same thing like wat u r going thru now...

just be consistent in your training. n i know..life seems upside down now rite? hehehe..soon everything will be okay,....when u and your new pup get used to each otherWink

like wat mykiko says, buy your GR more toys to bite..at this age, she will bite almost anythg due to teething...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Jan 5, 2007, 6:47 PM

Post #7 of 18 (15055 views)
Shortcut

let her know her wrongs once u caught her doing something wrong by saying NO in a stern look or just a slightly slap on her backside or watever punishment u think she's scared of...but u could only punish her if u caught her on the spot, example, do not punish her when u caught her pee on the wrong place after 5 minutes she has pee'd, she won't know what for u punish her, coz dogs naturally are really forgetful...Tongue

for her pee poo problem, try to crate her...let her out only for her pee poo or when u r around only...dogs naturally won't pee poo their own sleeping and resting place..so she would hold until u let her out of her crate...bring her immediately to the place u wan to train her once u let her out...example, if u wan to train her to pee poo in toilet, lock her up in the toilet once u bring her out of the crate..after few minutes, bring her back out...most probably she has pee inside the toilet...

give 100% of time this weekend for ur doggie...monitor her carefully...bring her to her pee poo place once u see she wanna pee poo...catch her wrongs...buy more chew toys for her...once u see her biting stuffs she's not allowed to, say NO or a slightly slap and then throw her the chew toys..play with her...

hope u have a nice weekend training her...cheers up...

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

crazytazz

Jan 5, 2007, 7:14 PM

Post #8 of 18 (15048 views)
Shortcut

hi wkheong!!

hahhaha...i also face more or less the same as ur case, but i train him to poop and wee on newspaper...and the next day ....he will eventually go to newspaper and poop wee.Smile

i got my GR puppy last month on 2nd week of dec. He was 7 weeks onil when i brought him back. The first day he wee and poop almost everywhere he likes...then i put newspaper...(which i heard not a good thing) but still i had no choice...so i have two homes for rooney, one my place( an apartment) and another is my bf's place ( a house).

So i throw the first layer (the one which is wet with his wee) or i use tissue to wipe off the liquid till oni the newspaper absorbs all of it and just leave it there. dont take newspaper follow her everywhere.. Just put the newspaper there and let the wee dry up and initially it will automatically go to her spot to wee.

Poop a bit hard even thou rooney knows how to poop on newspaper but he still does it soemtimes on floor at my apartment coz larger space for him. hope this method would help .. i think puppy eat their poops is normal lio.this is what i learnt from this site..they give great ideas and infor ...thanks to all other forumers...

ya...retrievers dont bark unless they hungry or need something..but now im headache coz my rooney doesnt like water!! whenever i try to bath him.....he runaway like mad! Pirate

mykiko

Jan 5, 2007, 9:14 PM

Post #9 of 18 (15045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazytazz] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Hahahaha.... i can imagine the look of rooney runaway like mad when is bathing time...

wkheong
Novice

Jan 6, 2007, 4:23 PM

Post #10 of 18 (15041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

oh noo Frown now i let her sleep outside. Until she learn how to poo and pee at right place. Outside porch is partitioned. Haiya wad to do. She pee and poo everywhere but newspaper. Somemore the newspp soaked with pee poo liao also dowan pee there. Instead of peeing there she tear and destroy all the newspp. Say dogs dont dirty their sleeping place? she pee and poo there walk around it then she pull some poo poo here and there and then sleep nearby. Pirate Whats tat suppose to mean and wad am i suppose to do? But she not scare of water. Bathing time i bath her in the bathroom *unleached*. She only sit at 1 place and not move. But if use hair dryer she will run. So i juz let her go outside. But these 2 days dint see her eat poo poo liao. Dono y. Scare she eat, coz it looks tasty to her since i gave eukanoba lamb + rice. Scare she eat again.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 6:17 PM

Post #11 of 18 (15040 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
My golden retriever is 5 months old now. Got her on 31st Dec 2006. On her first day, she learned how to play fetch and shake hands. But it seems that its so hard to toilet train her. On the first day, i put her in the toilet and she pee poo there. Consider good for first day. THen next day, she pee poo on the living room and day 2 pee poo in my room at nite. After peepoo she will look for me to clean up her mess and she will sit there watch me do it. But it got worse. as i type this, ur gr is only 6 days with u, do not expect her to do miracles in a week's time, even god needed 6 days. Tongue 1st thing, u must have patience, if no patience i suggest u return the gr now...

3th day she pee poo in living room. 2 spots and she drag the poo all over. OMG!!!! And she ate poo 2 times already !!! more OMGGG!!! But this morning she pee poo outside and i quickly clean it. Does poo tast that good????? doggies see their poo as incomplete process of food, thus givin em the instinct to finish the protien & minerals in their poos. very normal is jz that we human cant live with it. OMG!!! Now she pee poo everywhere but on news paper. She will pee poo near by news paper than she will drag the news paper everywhere. that's why i never encourage ppl to use newspaper Cool Now she is so untrained + eat poo i can help u, if u follow steps accordinly ok Pirate Mati lah like tat. wont die one...dont worry, other ppl's problems are worse than urs ok? How helppp mee.... only try this if ur plannin to keep her & promise u wont lose ur cool & have patience & consistency ok Tongue 1st, allocate an area ur comfy for her to do her business thr. each time she pees or poo, use the same cloth (for pee) & toilet roll (for poo) clean up the mess & leave the mess at the allocated area. bring ur gr to smell sniff her mess thr. praise her (she'l learn that doin business thr will get her praises) no punishment for her ya (cuz this is a constructive training) leave the mess for say 10mins. monitor her as to not to even lick the poo. do this consistency each time u see any pee poo around, no use to yell shout punish her, u'l only teach her to do it again but behind u But the good thing tat she is smart i know she'l be ok & if u follow the steps accordinly, i think she'l learn the trick in less than 2 weeks and she doesnt bark or make noise at all. She only make some noise and not bark when she wants something. SHe will do anything but pee poo on the right place. And Im afraid that when im not at home she will poo and eat her own poo. YUCKK!! MadPirate If like tat everytime oso deworm deworm. Only 3 days her ball rosak already. Frown well when i 1st got zeus, durin work, he'l do his business around the room (i confine him in a room with balcony access) after a week of trainin, he do his businesses in the balcony, very near the drainage Cool well, good luck & keep us update ya cheers

ezekiel 25:17

crazytazz

Jan 11, 2007, 11:30 PM

Post #12 of 18 (15013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahah..mykiko...he didnt run here and there liek mad...but oni sau chan keok chan ....hand and leg shaking...and whining and beg the door to open...hehehhe....

u coming to this K9 day?

mykiko

Jan 12, 2007, 12:10 AM

Post #13 of 18 (15008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazytazz] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

hahahaha...... thats even more cuter....

maybe not going coz my boyfren will be leaving to vietnam to work on 15th Jan, wanna spend more time with him!!!

wkheong
Novice

Jan 12, 2007, 12:51 AM

Post #14 of 18 (15007 views)
Shortcut
Re: ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*sob* *sob* pee poo on newspaper training dont seems to be working. I cant think of a good name for her yet. Any suggestions? SHe is tearing the newspaper apart instead of pee poo on newspp. Sad. She pee and poo there and newspaper everywhere. She step on pee and poo and run everywhere then run on top of the stairs and wait for me to come home and watch me clean everything. bloody smart ! Pirate now i put her outside when im not around. Give her eat 2 times instead of 3 times a day. SHe pee and poo outside now. Does it anywhere she wants but on newspaper. PLus dat day she poo next to news paper. Mad ........ speechless. How now? Send her for training perhaps? How much it cost and where? Thank god my dad wasnt in when she played with the cactus LOL and the entire place was like hit by a tornado or somthing. Or my dad is gonna kill me. Cleaned it up in time b4 dad came home. U guys clean ur furkid everytime they do their business?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 12, 2007, 3:28 AM

Post #15 of 18 (15006 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
*sob* *sob* pee poo on newspaper training dont seems to be working. errmm...try not to use newspaper la, i would suggest u to use cloth for pee (the same cloth everytime) & toilet paper to collect the poo I cant think of a good name for her yet. Any suggestions? u can always post a pic of her, some details & stuff in a new thread, ask other forumers to give suggestions & ideas lo SHe is tearing the newspaper apart instead of pee poo on newspp. Sad. She pee and poo there and newspaper everywhere. She step on pee and poo and run everywhere then run on top of the stairs and wait for me to come home and watch me clean everything. bloody smart ! Pirate now i put her outside when im not around. Give her eat 2 times instead of 3 times a day. SHe pee and poo outside now. Does it anywhere she wants but on newspaper. PLus dat day she poo next to news paper. Mad ........ speechless. How now? Send her for training perhaps? How much it cost and where? Thank god my dad wasnt in when she played with the cactus LOL and the entire place was like hit by a tornado or somthing. Or my dad is gonna kill me. Cleaned it up in time b4 dad came home. U guys clean ur furkid everytime they do their business? didnt u try the suggestions ive mentioned earlier???

wkheong
Novice

Jan 12, 2007, 5:25 PM

Post #16 of 18 (15000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] ARGH HELPPPPP ME PLSSS!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i'll try upload her pic soon. I did try ur suggestions. Wasnt working at all. I know her wee poo timing but i will be at work back then. So i cant make her pee poo on newspaper. give the same cloth for her after washing? and leave it at the place where she sleeps? I'll try that but how about poo poo.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jan 12, 2007, 5:26 PM

Post #17 of 18 (15000 views)
Shortcut

hi,

or perhaps u may wan to try a self-made wizdog....this is wat i did for my shih tzu initially...a put the newspaper on the tray and close it with the plastic mat. guide her to pee/poo there....all u need to do is to throw the newspaper away after she pees and clean up the tray and the mat once a day (at least)...

don think leaving the newspaper on the floor for them to pee poo is a good idea..hv tried before n they will juz bite the newspaper into pieces...

i know you might feel that everythg is upside down now...but soon evrythg will b fine..jzu remember to be consistent in your housetraining n praise her after she did it at the right place....

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown
Attachments: tray.JPG (94.0 KB)

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 12, 2007, 7:49 PM

Post #18 of 18 (14999 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
i'll try upload her pic soon. I did try ur suggestions. Wasnt working at all. then u can try some other ideas or suggestions I know her wee poo timing but i will be at work back then. doesnt matter if ur workin time clashes with her business times, as long as she can gain access to the allocated business area, shouldnt be a problem ade So i cant make her pee poo on newspaper. yeah dont use newspaper, otherwise, each time she would do business on newspaper, regardless its new or old ones give the same cloth for her after washing? yes, u can leave the stained cloth on the allocated area for a few mins before washin, no need wash with any soap or detergent (jz rinse with runnin water can ade) and leave it at the place where she sleeps? huh? leave the stained cloth with her urine at the place u allow her to pee la I'll try that but how about poo poo. then use the normal toilet paper will do, same concept, leave at allowed place for few mins, then only throw lo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my