Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
DBKL License (need advise)

zhung

Jan 4, 2007, 7:19 AM

Post #1 of 15 (1070 views)
Shortcut
DBKL License (need advise) Can't Post

Greetings!

I just need some advise regarding DBKL License, I'm staying in an appartment how can I apply the license? is it DBKL will come into my appartment to grab my furkid if I don't have license?

For those who are staying in an appartment or condo or flat keeping a furkid please give an advise & for those who are staying in landed houses are welcome to give advise too.

Thx

goofydip
Veteran

Jan 4, 2007, 7:20 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zhung] DBKL License (need advise) [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm not very sure on how to apply for the license...but one thing i might make it sure is, the DBKL ppl don't have the right to come and knock at ur door and grab ur furkid away...(they might do so only if ur furkid had hurt someone or killed someoneTongue)

i'm not very sure too whether is it a MUST to get that, but i've gather many info from friends, and what i get back is, the license is not neccessary if ur furkid is just a home pet, which means ur furkid wouldn't have the chance to roam around outside of ur house without u...those officer would never ever take away ur furkid when YOU are holding ur kid in arm or on leash..but IF ur furkid is allowed to go out of ur house without YOU... then u MUST get ur furkid a license to be wear around his/her neck..

hope helps...

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jan 4, 2007, 8:09 PM

Post #3 of 15 (1063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] DBKL License (need advise) [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if this is your advise or just an opinion but the law do state dogs must have a license plus it is against the law for your dog to go anywhere without you hence it must be on a leash. I must admit I do not how to go about getting a license in KL but you do need a license and the authorities do have the right to come and knock on your door and demand to check your license especially if they get a complain froom your neighbours. As if you are staying in an apartment it is already against the law but then again I may be wrong here as I have read from other posting in this forum that this has change.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 4, 2007, 9:38 PM

Post #4 of 15 (1057 views)
Shortcut

DBKL will not give you a licence for a flat dog. You will have to give an addresss of a landed property - tumpang from one of your relatives or friends. If it is not obvious from your address that you live in a flat, you might get away with it.

goofydip
Veteran

Jan 4, 2007, 9:44 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] DBKL License (need advise) [In reply to] Can't Post

o oBlush....i'm sorry..i'm giving the wrong answer then...when i got Goofy back home, i've asked around bout this matter too...but what answers i got back were what i've written earlier...so i myself not very sure...sorryTongue....and very thank you for ur information....

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

zhung

Jan 5, 2007, 3:51 AM

Post #6 of 15 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] DBKL License (need advise) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx for the advise, hmmm I think Malaysia laws is not so tight. Although having a dog in an appartment is against the rules but I can see that lots of people from my area stayed in an appartment, they all have furkid with them. I think it is ok with the management, that don't give a damn on furkid cases.

goofydip
Veteran

Jan 5, 2007, 3:57 AM

Post #7 of 15 (1036 views)
Shortcut

as what PSY and Pargurban said....i still not sure...i might giving the wrong info..yes..dogs are not allowed in apartment..but maybe some of the management 'one eye open, one eye close' , as long as ur furkid didn't bring any problem lo.....

frenchie
Novice

Jan 6, 2007, 4:27 AM

Post #8 of 15 (1020 views)
Shortcut

For those staying in KL, perhaps you should aware of this by-laws:

LICENSING OF DOGS AND KENNEL ESTABLISHMENTS (FEDERAL TERRITORY OF KUALA LUMPUR)

Thanks and regards,

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 8:25 AM

Post #9 of 15 (997 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thx for the advise, hmmm I think Malaysia laws is not so tight. Although having a dog in an appartment is against the rules but I can see that lots of people from my area stayed in an appartment, they all have furkid with them. I think it is ok with the management, that don't give a damn on furkid cases.

haiya those mgmt ppl close 1 eye open 1 eye oni.. not to say the law not tight..

if ur kiddo makes noise everynight and day without any specific reason, then neighbor will complain, and then ur kido in trouble if the secu come up ur hs, and if u don hav any reasonable reason..

got even some condo n apartments tat alow doggies at first, but then after tat many ppl complain of dirty pupu around the compound area (mostly playground and garden), n also the noisy one, then after some time, put a notice say no dogs allowed

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

zhung

Jan 16, 2007, 2:33 AM

Post #10 of 15 (979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] DBKL License (need advise) [In reply to] Can't Post

My doggie do not have barking syndrome. She bark only when necessary, like stranger breaking into house or someone she don't know who knocking the door. Btw those doggie owner didn't allow their kiddo hang out but just stayed inside the house. So I think should be OK.

Ohhh my god my neighbour is a Malay muslim. Btw lucky she bark less.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2007, 2:48 AM

Post #11 of 15 (975 views)
Shortcut

zhung..

ohh.. i c.. good then ! better not to hav a dog who simply bark especially at nite one in a condo...

hmmm molly also bark oni at strangers who come home 1st time with me.. mostly my frens..

i blif many dog owners do appreciate a landed property, like me.. cus dogs in condos for now, really not very flexible the freedom.. this oso scared ppl complain, tat also scared ppl wanna scold.. haih... worse.. scared secu sommore !

s long s ur doggie doesnt hav barking syndrome, then is a good condo dog

my new neighbor also a malay couple. hope they don mind abt molly =D

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zhung

Jan 16, 2007, 4:11 AM

Post #12 of 15 (971 views)
Shortcut

SupaMolly

Yeah I have the same feelings like you, actually I'm really afraid someone make complain because not my kid but other blocks doggie make lots of noise that going to involve my kid get complain. Everytime I bring my kid in & out also afraid to meet those malay fellow because for those who are well educated & modern Malay, they sure do not mind doggie & they can touch it but just only not the mouth part because their religion forbided them to touch their slavia.

I had an experinced before, went I carried my kid take the same lift with 1 of the Malay guy. He seem to be so afraid & my kid didn't even bark him. Sound weird because I didn't ask you to touch her. Btw she is far from that guy too. Aihhhh

The same block with me. I saw a lady carried a red toy poodle so cute hehehe. Another time I saw a girl brought her miniature poodle apricot go walk. Hmmm I saw twice 2 of the Indian ladies brought their furkid for a walk around the block, should be silky terrier. After I saw that's lot of ppl owned their own furkids, so I'm so kiasu also want to have a baby lohhh hahaha so I get 1.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 16, 2007, 8:20 AM

Post #13 of 15 (967 views)
Shortcut

zhung..

hoho.. good la u enrolling ur kid to class =D

yealo i also don like those trouble makers who don look after their dogs well and end up troubling other dogs as well... and their owners also... this is irresponsible !

is good tat got few ppl also walk their dogs in the compound.. if like me, the ppl who rear doggies don walk their dogs, and if i walk molly around, ppl might look with a kind..

zhung

Jan 17, 2007, 8:09 PM

Post #14 of 15 (948 views)
Shortcut

Yeah you are right. Btw Molly is a Jack Russell Terrier?

I do carried my furkid once & walk around. people will just look at you esspecially those muslim fellow. Actually really no harm right since my kid don't bark or didnt bite you. So no need so big expression.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 17, 2007, 8:35 PM

Post #15 of 15 (945 views)
Shortcut

zhung..

molly is a crossed between a border collie and a crossed lab..

yalo.. those ppl u know la.. say self is developed ppl.. but still so sua gu..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my