Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
licking, licking eveyone

stephanie21sf
New User

Jan 3, 2007, 12:32 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3106 views)
Shortcut
licking, licking eveyone Can't Post

i have a chow/lab mix and 6mths old For some reason he is a licker he wont stop licking me. whenever i get close to him he will lick me,if i just sit down he is licking me i guess the point is its constant it was cute at first, but now its still cute and sometimes annoying.what steps can i do to get him to stop?Unsure by the

mykiko

Jan 3, 2007, 11:06 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stephanie21sf] licking, licking eveyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

My kiko also like to lick and smell at stranger. She will only lick me when im back from work. Maybe you smell like his mummy....Laugh

I always say 'NO' to kiko when she did something wrong, maybe you can do the same too.Wink

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 5:50 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3094 views)
Shortcut

lickin is not a wrong or negative thing that u must punish ur doggie. its natural & in their instinct to lick. ur doggie probably is tryin to his affection by lickin on u. i kiss zeus goodbye when i leave for work daily, in return he'l lick my left ear. get used to the lickin, if u kinda let him stop lickin by himself, pretty soon the lickin process wont last long. so dont worry abt it ok

ezekiel 25:17

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 7, 2007, 9:13 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3085 views)
Shortcut

Frown licking ar.. there's nothing wrong with yr dog licking you. sure dog licks peopleUnimpressed just because they miss them. They will feel bored of licking after a while

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Kii
Novice

Mar 24, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] licking, licking eveyone [In reply to] Can't Post

My Nici is 1.5months old and she licks and bites a lot too. I guess maybe it's due to teething behaviour. She likes to licks and then starts to play and bite with my legs and hands.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 25, 2007, 10:30 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3019 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
i have a chow/lab mix and 6mths old For some reason he is a licker he wont stop licking me. whenever i get close to him he will lick me,if i just sit down he is licking me i guess the point is its constant it was cute at first, but now its still cute and sometimes annoying.what steps can i do to get him to stop?Unsure by the

They lick us because naturally it reminds them of their mother when they still drank from her. So, when a dog licks you, it is behaving like a puppy and you are its parent. Also, some people told me they like the salt on your skin cats do too. Sometimes, they are simply cleaning their tongues.

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my