Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Food for Mini Schnauzer (Bo Bo)

dreamworks
Novice

Jan 2, 2007, 12:01 AM

Post #1 of 5 (577 views)
Shortcut
Food for Mini Schnauzer (Bo Bo) Can't Post

Hi guys .. currently I am feeding my puppy with Eukanuba's food pellet (Lamb & Rice). I was wandering if this brand is good or any other recommendation from more experienced dog owners?

Actually nothing is wrong but a friend of mine recommend me to use Science Diet because he say Eukanuba's quality is not so high plus the "po po" from puppy is very "smelly".

What do you guys think?? Unsure

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 2, 2007, 12:14 AM

Post #2 of 5 (575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamworks] Food for Mini Schnauzer (Bo Bo) [In reply to] Can't Post

Bad advice. Science Diet is no good. If nothing is wrong, stick with what you're giving her now. If you want to switch to something better, try Back to Basics, Nutri Edge, California Natural or some other 'holistic' brand.

dreamworks
Novice

Jan 2, 2007, 12:25 AM

Post #3 of 5 (574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Food for Mini Schnauzer (Bo Bo) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks bro .. what do u mean by "holistic" brand?

What are usually the main criteria in choosing the food for our dogs? And these brands .. do they represent better grade or quality?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 2, 2007, 1:16 AM

Post #4 of 5 (572 views)
Shortcut

Holistic means the manufacturer claims to use high quality ingredients and eschew the use of preservatives and other nasty chemicals.

The Miniature Schnauzer is a breed known to have a disposition towards developing skin problems, thought by some to be triggered by allergenic ingredients in commercial kibble (like wheat, soy and maize, or some of the nasty chemicals they put in), so if you have a schnauzer you might want to keep this in mind when shopping for kibble.

It's largely a matter of trial and error, trying different brands of kibble before you find one, or a couple, that your dog likes and that's good for her.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 3, 2007, 8:30 AM

Post #5 of 5 (561 views)
Shortcut

Some of the holistic brands... Innova, Pinacles, Artemis,Solid Gold, Eagle Pack Holistic, California Natural to name a few.
Feeding good quality food helps keep skin, coat healthy. But most of all, couple that with lots of love and attention. Your dog will look great.
Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my