Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk

dreamworks
Novice

Dec 25, 2006, 7:17 PM

Post #1 of 11 (1868 views)
Shortcut
Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk Can't Post

Hi guys .. I am new here and read through some of the post in the forum as well. My situation is quite simple.

I live in an apartment with my gf and my dog. Problem is I would like to bring my dog for some exercise or walk in the park as the nearby are mostly "muslim" so I don't want to offend anyone here.

Can anyone suggest a place where dogs are allowed to walk and play around in KL / PJ area please? I tried scouting around but most of the parks have signboards forbidding dogs.

Thank you. :)

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 25, 2006, 10:30 PM

Post #2 of 11 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamworks] Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing to stop you walking your dog on a leash on the pavement. You can take your dog for a walk on Gasing Hill, but even there, it's best to keep the dog on a leash.

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 26, 2006, 12:29 AM

Post #3 of 11 (1859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamworks] Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk [In reply to] Can't Post

You can bring your dog walk around your housing area.

Don't think is a problem bringing your dog for a walk.

dreamworks
Novice

Dec 26, 2006, 2:12 AM

Post #4 of 11 (1858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the feedback Frown I don't mind taking it for a walk around the area but the only problem is living in an apartment.

As you guys are aware, apartments usually does not allow for dogs even though I know many other tenants have dogs too.

Problem becomes even more evident when mostly "muslims" occupy this place so it may be quite sensitive issue for us.

That is why I am quite reluctant to bring the dog out for walk because I seldom see people doing that. Unless this is a "Taman" but its apartment area so that is why I prefer to bring my dog out for a stroll elsewhere. :)

Any other recommendations besides Gasing Hill? I will try that later. Thanks. Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 30, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1826 views)
Shortcut

u definately can't walk ur dog around d apartment...

u can alwiz drive out during d weekend...which i myself do, eventhough i live @ a terrace house...i juz doesn't had d time for daily walk...

i head that bukit jalil park do allow dogs, but must b onleash, so that he doesn't disturb or get others offended...

other places include d park @ section 17...there r a group of dog lovers socializing there dogs there every saturday @ 5.30pm...

and also sri seday school field (near sunway pyramid)....on saturday morning or sunday evening...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Dec 30, 2006, 7:48 PM)

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 31, 2006, 6:40 PM

Post #6 of 11 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk [In reply to] Can't Post

Seri Sedaya is where Pet n You have their obedience training no? Can anyone just walk in at the time with the dog and let it run around?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jan 5, 2007, 12:57 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk [In reply to] Can't Post

yes u can...but ofcoz there is sum requirement n condition...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 8:32 AM

Post #8 of 11 (1778 views)
Shortcut

dreamworks..

if ur dog doesn bark and chase the muslims, and their children doesn attrack ur dog attention to chase after them, or the adult muslims dont shout at you and shoo your dog off, then i don see y u cant bring ur dog out for walks... the thing is u must must leash your dog

as amanda suggests, its still best to take ur dog out driving to parks where allow dogs.. this u don hav to worry so much abt offending others.. and ur dog hav full freedom and hapyness in that area where they are 'legal'. again, must leash ur dog...

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

tuvi
New User

Jan 2, 2009, 10:29 PM

Post #9 of 11 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Looking for a place to bring my dog for a walk [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. Do you guys know any great places in malaysia to take dogs swimming? I have a golden retriever so this would be very useful to me.
Thanks. Please reply back as soon as possible.!!!Frown

DONT SHOP!!!!! ADOPT!!!!!
FrownFrownFrownFrown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jan 2, 2009, 11:17 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1571 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda,

Is it possible to be more specific as where this sect. 17 park is, as I have been looking for it but never able to see anyone, thanks.

It would be of great help if you can mention the road name.

lacavara
Novice

Jan 28, 2009, 11:40 PM

Post #11 of 11 (1474 views)
Shortcut

Although most parks prohibit dogs, I am sure you can walk your dog on leash any where you wish as long as you clean up after they do their business at public places. :)

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at Lacavara
http://www.lacavara.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my