jerryhew
Novice

May 31, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #76 of 84 (647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rusty_Boy] Hi All! - From Rusty The Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, rusty boy boy,

thx for ur information bout neutered & padang merbok Tongue

I think I was confuse that Padang Merbok was at Kota Kemuning since Ms Chong told me that puppy.com used to have gathering at Kota Kemuning once a month..... then I thought Padang Merbok is the padang u all gathering at Kota Kemuning loh Crazy

ur Rusty have been well-trained until can sit stable in car even without travel cage... but, my Doggie is almost 10mths old, do u think it is too late to train him? can't imagine how naughty he will if he sit freely in car Pirate

so, since u stay near Padang Merbok, u used to bring Rusty to there during weekend? hmm, I am staying at Seri Kembangan (or known as Serdang) which The Mines Wonderland located. In fact it's not very far to Padang Merbok, hmm, what time got dogs gathering there? Cool

and, about the gathering on 14th of June, will u go with Rusty? Crazy wish to see ur Rusty ler Angelic

hmm, after read ur news about neutere dog, I think I should well-consider about this.... but, do the dogs feel painful or whatever after neutered? how many days they have to suffer?

hope to see u soon... in the next gathering? Angelic

Doggie's Mommy,

Jerry
Doggie ~~ 10th of Aug,2002~~

Doggie's mommy,
Jerry Hew

Rusty_Boy
K9 Maniac

Jun 2, 2003, 8:37 PM

Post #77 of 84 (639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jerryhew] Hi All! - From Rusty The Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jerry,

glad that u found those info useful.

i think to train him to sit still in the car, u have be really firm/stern/very fierce with him. wat i did was to scold him whenever he tried to climb over or move around. i'll make him sit still b4 i move the car. tell him to sit or down. if he tries to move, tell him no and tell him to sit or down again. when he has down / sit still, praise him "good boy". praise a lot if he does that. this worked with me. hope u can try it with ur doggie. try to do it when u're not in a hurry. then u'll have a lot of time to make sure he sits still b4 u move the car.

i think the surgery hurts cos he'll be stitched. normally, if both of the testicles have descended, it'll be a small cut just to remove the tescticles. but for rusty, only one of his testicle had descended. so the vet had to cut the outer skin where the testicle is and another on the belly to remove the undescended testicle. i think the latter is a bigger surgery cos the scar is bigger and becos it's stiched on the belly, i had to make sure he doesn't jump too much before the wound is fully closed. the vet said that if he jumps and the stiches broke, the intestines might come out. those time was pretty bad for me cos i have to take care of him 24 hours a day. i think it hurt quite badly right after the surgery cos he could hardly stand until he wet himself. it was pretty sad Frown.then he had to put on the "elizabeth collar" to prevent him to lick the wound. he had no appetite to eat and i had to soften his food and hand feed him. luckily nothing happened then and he had a speedy recovery (abt a week) and now he's a happy doggie Laugh. all my hardship paid off.

unfortunately, i dun bring rusty there every week. at first, we wanted to enrol him for the training at padang merbok but we can't afford to bring him there everyweek cos both me and my husband are not locals. therefore, we will have to go back to our hometowns. however, we do bring him there for fun occasionally. the training starts at 4 - 6 ( i think) everyweek.

r u going for the gathering on 14 june? i hope i can make it (if dun have to go back hometown). i'll try by best to make it there. hope to see u there as well. wat abt the dogathon? r u bring doggie there? i hope i can make it there also. i'm sure there's a lot of fun....

do let me know if u're going to any of those gathering. we probably can meet up there.

rusty

jerryhew
Novice

Jun 5, 2003, 3:06 AM

Post #78 of 84 (631 views)
Shortcut

Hi, rusty boy,

happy to receive ur long reply Laugh ur info again... very useful for me Crazy

first of all, about training Rusty to sit in car.....hmm.... it may really hard for me to train Doggie in car since he really like to climb here and there.....some more he is already 10mths old... hmm... anyway, i will follow ur way Tongue praise him when he done what i want Angelic

hmm, about the neutered surgery.... it's really very scary.... why u only remove one of Rusty's testicles? since u said if remove both, it is just a small cut? (actually I don't know about the testicles and the undecended testicle. what happen if not remove the both testicles? the undecended testicle must be remove? if so, it must have a stitch on belly... this will be very hard for Doggie since he like to jump... especially when he pee or poo......

and, after the neutered surgery, will it effect the dog for pee or poo action? i really can't imagine how hard u were to take care of Rusty that time.... you are lucky since all ur hard time had gone and ur Rusty now is a happy doggie.... but.... I am here need to well-consider if I should let Doggie have the neutered surgery... since I am really difficult to get long leave to take care of him.... if he sent to neautred....

oh.. yes... I know you are from outstation... if i am not mistaken, you are from JB, rite? (from your previous post Tongue)

so, i hope u will try to go for the 14th June gathering at Kota Kemuning. My bf and I will go, and I will bring another colleague and his gf and their dog to there... Laugh really hope to meet u and ur rusty Tongue

err... what is dogathon? it sound like a dog gathering? Crazy

Doggie's Mommy,

Jerry

Doggie's mommy,
Jerry Hew

Admin

Jun 5, 2003, 7:20 AM

Post #79 of 84 (625 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

The gathering at Kota Kemuning is on 15th June, 2003.- 9.00 am. Pls go to the Event Calendar thread to update the list (add your name to the list).

Thanks.

boon
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2003, 10:09 AM

Post #80 of 84 (621 views)
Shortcut

Ho Rusty Boy,

Welcome aboard, greeting from penang, i have a yellow lab by the name of bonney and she is 1 year old now.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Rusty_Boy
K9 Maniac

Jun 5, 2003, 8:21 PM

Post #81 of 84 (618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Hi All! - From Rusty The Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

hi boon,

thx for the welcome note! i've heard so much abt u. hope to meet u all one day in one of the gatherings Wink.

rusty

Rusty_Boy
K9 Maniac

Jun 18, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #82 of 84 (604 views)
Shortcut

hi jerry,

sorry for the late reply.

abt the neutering, actually rusty had both removed. basically, all male dogs should have 2 testicles hanging Crazy. but for rusty, it was only one. the other one din come down (just like when they were young u can't see or feel the testicles). so, we had to cut two places. one, is to cut the skin supporting the testicle and the other is to cut on the stomach to remove the testicle that din come down. the killer is the cut on the stomach. like i said earlier, if the stitches there is broken, the intestines may also flow out. so, u really have to watch him. i think he may not attemp to jump cos it'll be painful for him to stretch. however, pls make sure that he doesn't even attemp to jump. i'm not sure if it was painful for him to do his business after the surgery but he is normal now. no after-surgery complications at all Sly.

btw, were u there for the june 15 gathering? i was there with rusty and elvis and elvis' mommy. i did not see many pugs there. one with mr khoo; another lady with 2 pugs and a son; and one more pug which came quite late (i din catch his name). will u be going to the next gathering? i should be there if i have no other plans. elvis will be there too. really hope could meet up with u soon....

rusty

jerryhew
Novice

Jun 18, 2003, 10:56 PM

Post #83 of 84 (595 views)
Shortcut

Hi, rusty,

Shockedu said one of rusty's testicle is hidden in stomach? how come like that? is that normal? or all the dogs are like that?

Is that mean, if the dog have two testicle hanging Crazy, it won't be that painful and won't be that dangerous ( as u said in prior, if the stitches there is broken, the intestines may also flow out) ?

hmm, i am really worry of these, and many of my friends not encourage me to let Doggie have the neutered operation..... Tongue but of course, what I care is, Doggie's health and he is happy all the time Angelic

Yes, I did go to Kota Kemuning last sunday. But I went a bit late (reach there around 10pm). And, since I not register on the 'gathering attending list', I do not have any name tag or whatever Tongue

I was hold an umbrella all the time at that dayLaugh(I was in pink and white sleeveless garment), and my bf(in dark blue T-shirt) is the one who lead Doggie. you were there that day? since there is just a few pugs, I guess u might one of them Tongue

have u took photo around 11am++? are u the one who take care of few pugs(include Mr. Khoo's Boffie and Mike)? since it seems only 3 pug owner there when took photo Blush

5th of July and 6th of July will be two gathering at KK and UPM. Will you join? I really wish to meet u up as well and can't wait to meet with ur ruty Sly

Doggie's mommy,

Jerry

Doggie's mommy,
Jerry Hew

Rusty_Boy
K9 Maniac

Jun 19, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #84 of 84 (592 views)
Shortcut

hi jerry,

yeah, one of rusty's testicles was still in the stomach. that's why the vet had to cut on the stomach and the skin on the testicle. hmm. i think it's not uncommon. u can actually check it urself. just put ur finger on his testicle to feel if u have one or two there hanging Crazy.

yeah. u should do wat u think it's best for doggie. his health is definitely ur first priority.

oh u were there the other day? wait, r u the lady (quite small size), with a little girl and ur bf holding ur doggie? did u met with the 2 pugs (one big one small) on ur way in? i met a pug while taking shelter on the walkway...... i guess that's probably u Tongue.

i did not take the group photo cos i left quite early. (rusty was panting so heavily and i think he needed some air-cond.) so we left abt 10 plus.

i should be there for the either the kk or upm event. but cannot give 100% confirmation yet cos might have to go back hometown Pirate.

will let u know once i have the confirmation. this time, we must arrange to meet ya Wink.

ok, hope to see u soon....

rusty

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my