First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2007, 6:49 PM

Post #26 of 32 (4860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mutt] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

alrite...

btw...how fast is the respond fr the authorities??? after they receive the complain fr thy neighbour???

ezekiel 25:17

dysentery
Dog Kichi

Feb 7, 2007, 11:27 PM

Post #27 of 32 (4847 views)
Shortcut

o.O

just asking wat breed is ur dog?

fizzyfrogfrappe
New User

Mar 3, 2007, 11:58 PM

Post #28 of 32 (4798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dysentery] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a "Super Barker Breaker" by Amtek (uses a 9V alkaline battery). It's a small electronic device about 3 by 2 by 1 inches, and it emits a high pitched (inaudible to the human ear) each time the dog barks. It is activated by the bark, and then it acts as a deterrent.

Might be of use to you as I no longer have a dog.

pro1215
New User

Apr 27, 2007, 9:16 AM

Post #29 of 32 (4730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fizzyfrogfrappe] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

hey bro....

may i know roughly how much is that device??

(This post was edited by pro1215 on Apr 27, 2007, 9:20 AM)

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Apr 27, 2007, 10:16 AM

Post #30 of 32 (4726 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Would anyone know where I can bring my dogs for debarking? They have a tendency to bark unneccessarily and this annoys the neighbours. Please let me know which vet I can go to and the cost estimates. Thanks.

Mutt,

The first thing to understand is that there is always a reason. It is your job to discover why he is barking excessively. Is he bored or sound & sight of people bother him? Sometimes, dogs associated excitement with barking. If someone at your door steps, it is okay lor! Maybe he is bored or sensitive to sound.

You may have to employ corrections like exercise or a squirt. It could be he is bored and frustrated being kept only home. Tired him out by walking him on the leash for 30 minutes. Try it everyday if you can. Let him walk and sniff. I think he is bored and frustrated.

2. Spray him with spray- bottle as soon as he barks. When he look at you, say NO/QUITE (Stern voice not shouting) and then ask him to SIT. While he is in the sitting position, give him a treat PRAISE him- GOOD BOY.

3. You can also throw him a small chair pillow near him. Dont throw at him..throw near him and say "QUIET" or "NO".

* Some people wrap the muzzle shake it a bit by hand and say SHHH or QUIET. However, you have to be careful because he might bite you.

4) You can get him a proper muzzle but I don't personally recommend it.

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Apr 27, 2007, 10:21 AM)

RMastiff
Novice

May 1, 2007, 3:48 AM

Post #31 of 32 (4701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pro1215] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

I was introduced this thing by my friend that you mentioned, it is call PetSafe and it works. They come in ultrasonic sound or lemon spray (automatic when barks) to irritate the dog's nose.

Go get it from your local petstores. Good luck!

sirwin81
Enthusiast

Sep 18, 2007, 3:11 AM

Post #32 of 32 (4469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RMastiff] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was introduced this thing by my friend that you mentioned, it is call PetSafe and it works. They come in ultrasonic sound or lemon spray (automatic when barks) to irritate the dog's nose.

Go get it from your local petstores. Good luck!

Hmmm. How much is this device if i may ask

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my