Where to debark my dogs

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mutt
Dog Kichi

Dec 14, 2006, 5:45 AM

Post #1 of 32 (12631 views)
Shortcut
Where to debark my dogs Can't Post

Would anyone know where I can bring my dogs for debarking? They have a tendency to bark unneccessarily and this annoys the neighbours. Please let me know which vet I can go to and the cost estimates. Thanks.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 14, 2006, 8:21 PM

Post #2 of 32 (12627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mutt] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

dude, for a dog that wont be able to bark is like u wont be able to talk. to me this is animal cruelty. i do not agree on ur perspective here, every dog guardians here in the forum will face some puppies' barkin problems & some issues & hassles with our neighbours. it is up to the guardians to train their pups. i would suggest u to send ur dogs for OB to find out the root cause ur dogs are barkin endlessly, pls do not de-vocalize dogs Unsure the training & OB will also gives u additional knowledge on dogs & will help u with ur future dogs

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 14, 2006, 9:02 PM

Post #3 of 32 (12624 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i agree with vino.....i might not really understand how bad the barking is, but everyone will always feel that their own problems are bigger than the rest...try other solutions first before debarking the dog...this might not solve the prob and might create even bigger prob....

ur mum don just 'tok nga lei' bcoz she feels u talk a lot rite? Tongue no offence tho...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 26, 2006, 1:14 AM

Post #4 of 32 (12600 views)
Shortcut

Agree with Vino.

What will be the dog feel if he/she can't bark. Please Please Please don't debarked your dog!!!

You can solve the barking problem like what Vino suggested OB training.

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 26, 2006, 1:19 AM

Post #5 of 32 (12599 views)
Shortcut

I saw Pet Safari selling a device to help solve dog with barking problem. This device can produce a sound that dog can hear it (not human) when the dog bark. The sound will irritated your dog to stop barking. One of my friend told me they use this device and is effektive. You might want to give it a try.

They are many way to stop your dog barking problem. Don't debarked your dog. Is cruelty!!!

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 26, 2006, 9:34 PM

Post #6 of 32 (12594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

no reply also after so long

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 12:48 AM

Post #7 of 32 (12574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

vinoviruz..

wonder wat hapen to the poor doggie now..

oh no.. wat if the doggie ade sent for debarking ?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 12:53 AM

Post #8 of 32 (12572 views)
Shortcut

mutt..

hows ur dog now?

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 3:31 AM

Post #9 of 32 (12565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

jane

if the doggie is de-vocalize then mutt might be mute ade

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 3:43 AM

Post #10 of 32 (12561 views)
Shortcut

oh. no

nightmare

nightmare

nightmare

nightmare

nightmare

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2007, 5:14 AM

Post #11 of 32 (12552 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
jane

if the doggie is de-vocalize then mutt might be mute ade

LOL

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jan 10, 2007, 7:45 PM

Post #12 of 32 (12539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

It's horrible, js horrible. How can someone even consider doing that to the poor dog? It's not even my dog and i'm so upset already. Imagine how the dog feels.

Hey, if u're reading this. Please, please, please dun debark ur dog. If u can't train ur dog properly, give it away to someone who can. It's less cruel. How would u like it if someone cuts ur vocal chords coz they think u talk too much?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 11, 2007, 7:10 AM

Post #13 of 32 (12528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wibbly] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

wibbly..

yeah u very considerate. i hav the same feeling too.. i feel bad abt other ppl mistreat their doggies.

and im tinking the same too as u

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 23, 2007, 4:55 PM

Post #14 of 32 (12483 views)
Shortcut

I have not debark my dog... I am looking for solutions.

All I asked you folks was for advice, but of course some of you righteous people here started acusing and judging me hmmm.. how interesting.

I wonder how many of you here spayed your dogs...I wonder how your dogs felt when it was spayed? imagine spaying a dog is like you a *woman+ man*(general terms) taking out her ovaries at 15 years old or a man not being able to produce isn't that as bad? so my dear people before you judge me or assume anything please find out more first. Worst still is you all judging me of being cruel to my dog(s) *sheesh* you don't even know anything about me and my dog and you have judged me.

I have tried everything OB training doesn't help because my dog is not nervous etc he just wants to bark even at birds. Trying having your dog bark at 1.am non-stop. My *jiran* got fed-up and complained to the authorities and they came or course and handed me a letter *Kurangkan Salakan anjing anda* in normal circumstances most people would have given up thier dog, I am not doing that, I am just looking for a solution. So before you cut me down here :D ask first la, its easy to judge eh, and find out more...

1. About debarking

2. The effects of debarking

3. Its effects on the dog and owners

4. What the experts are saying.

Anyhow thanks for the advice.

peace!

(This post was edited by mutt on Jan 23, 2007, 5:21 PM)

bebeannie
Novice

Jan 24, 2007, 1:23 AM

Post #15 of 32 (12468 views)
Shortcut

so, do you find the solution? coz i also have the problem....... and then i saw someone said that....

pet safari have sell something? mayb i know what is that? or i just go there and ask the person

( but then... so sorry to say that the pet safari @ d'sara is not that professional also, i mean the stuffs... if someone here working in there i really sorry... just improve yaself to more understanding on doggy ... ^_^)

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 25, 2007, 4:11 AM

Post #16 of 32 (12463 views)
Shortcut

dude... Unsure

if u feel like im judgin or accusin u, sorry man , didnt mean to...fr the bottom of my heart...

neuter/spay is another different case. neuterin/spayin is not considered cruelty cuz back in those days of the wild doggies, only the alpha male & female mate & breed. matin & breedin is only done when the alpha doggies decide a pack increment or to replace older dyin doggies. therefore, matin & breedin does not happen in the alpha females every heat.

like i said, u need to find the reason why ur doggie is barkin in midnite. zeus barks at a cockroach that he can smell but cant see. he can be thr for eternity cuz the cockroach smell is stil thr. he patrols my perimeter abt every 2~3hrs, lookin for anythin he can kill or bark at. zeus barks at every bloody movin creatures: birds, cats, cockroaches, lizards, flies, mosquitoes, butterflies, tiny insects, sounds of thunder, car passes by, ppl walkin down the street, etc...well im glad my neighbour did not complain me out be of cuz i also paiseh with em lo Blush anyhow, zeus is barkin lesser & lesser now (most of the times, he wont bark anymore)...only once or twice in midnite, 1am once & 3am once... provided thr are somethin for him to bark. how do i solve the barkin, well i max up his exercise, make him tired & he'l probably sleep the whole nite thru. now he rather jz listen wats outside thr & decide if he wanna go check it out, even if its a cockroach, sometimes he'l let live the roach so he can sleep. hmmm

u needed to find out wats the key reason ur doggie is barkin, wats he barkin at, for, whr? izzit cuz of a pair of pigeons that rest on ur roof? some other doggies down the street barkin? he can hear a particular neighbour's car's engine that comes home late nite? only by then u can find a souliton that will work for u, ur doggie & ur neighbours...

i hope this helps dude...btw, did u do any research on de-barkin? can share with me ah??? the items 1~4 that u typed down

thx ya

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 25, 2007, 5:00 AM

Post #17 of 32 (12460 views)
Shortcut

No one is against you here. We all here to help you to solve the problem. Any dog lovers hear about debarking the dog will certainly feel angry about this cruelty act.

Did you see a debark dog before? If no, better check the debark dog and then come back and tell us about the debark dog. If you are human that have feeling you will feel the same way like us feel here (cruelty from Human Being)

Did you try out the device I suggest to you that are selling at Pet Safari? If no why not give it a try. It works!!!

If the device not work well on your dog, the we might need to find out why your dog like to bark. Dog don't just bark without reason. Maybe your dog bark to get your attention or something like that.

Just try that device first and see what we can do after this. OK

Good LuckCool

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 25, 2007, 11:25 AM

Post #18 of 32 (12454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Research on debarking... According to experts and dog lovers *most of them* debarking is not an act of cruelty to animals. The dog basically doesn't know it is not making any noise and will happily bark as usual and go about its normal routine.

There is no pain in the sugery as they only remove a small bit of tissue from the dog. Chrisong, can you quit with the cruelty to animal thing with me please..if I were so cruel I won;t even go find a solution, get bash and still take it. I will just be like all those idiots out there, who will just get rid of thier dog simple as that *SIGHS*

That device you mention works, yes but its more cruel, as it send electric shocks to the dog constantly I WILL never use that device, its using pain therapy to rid the dog of its habit, just like some OB training classes use that *IF you guys NEVER KNEW* I tried shutting up the entire area, OB, don't flipping work. Tiring him out hmmm..tried that a couple of times he will just sit there and bark into open space. Me thinks he is possessed!

Er, actually some Dog do bark without reason, they are termed as barkers..MY Biggest problem is this,,eventually someone, I am sure is goona get really fed-up and make another complain and if this happens I will lose my Dog for sure, as I got a final warning from the authorities. Its either I debark him or lose him. I would rather debark him than lose him if you get my meaning. *But Debarking is still my last option*

After hours of reading online and even asking my local vet, they all say debarking is not a problem and is not in-human. The process takes less than 15 minutes. Even animal planet Tongue agrees.

Never said you were all against me, nor am I offended, just iritated that more info was not asked before the bullets were fired. Pirate

* as I write this I can hear him bark*

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 25, 2007, 5:59 PM

Post #19 of 32 (12452 views)
Shortcut

No No No. The device I mention to you are not wear on the dog. It don't send any electric shock to your dog, all you need is to place it one corner of your house. It will produce some sort of sound that will help stop your dog barking.

Go check it out!!!

But based on your reply I think you already decided to debark your dog

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 25, 2007, 10:30 PM

Post #20 of 32 (12448 views)
Shortcut

dude, well i guess u have done ur proper research & check with the relevant & pro for advices & such...well with all said i think its actually up to u urself to weigh whichever solution u find suitable to solve ur dilemma...all the best

cheers

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2007, 2:07 AM

Post #21 of 32 (12444 views)
Shortcut

Okay I will go try that device. I am actually reluctant to de-bark him. Let's see if this device works.

Thanks for the info.

Peace!Cool

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jan 26, 2007, 4:17 AM

Post #22 of 32 (12441 views)
Shortcut

Hi, read all the postings and as for my view on your problem is to "de-vocalise or de-bark" your dog. It does not do anything to your dog behaviour as I have friends that have done it their dogs here and in the U.K. This is a win - win - win situation as your dog would not get reprimanded, you are happier and so iare your neighbours. As for the divice mentioned it is only effective to a certain degree. The only method I can think of that will work is remote-collar but it is rather pricey and if you only need it to stop barking, you are not really getting your moneys worth. Anyway, from your posting it looks as if you have made up your mind, so good luck and please do let us know the outcome.

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2007, 10:00 AM

Post #23 of 32 (12439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey PSY, thanks appreciate that. I was concern that my dog would get depress, but after doing as much research as I could on the effects of debarking I found it to be a extremely safe thing for the dog.

updated news...our not so kind neighbour made another complain, the autho came again. Handed me a summons now they are also finding fault since I have 3 dogs, they told me I can only have 2 not 3 *SIGHS* extremely frustrating...Mad

(This post was edited by mutt on Jan 26, 2007, 10:09 AM)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jan 26, 2007, 7:36 PM

Post #24 of 32 (12433 views)
Shortcut

So sorry to hear of your unwanted visit. There are usually no issues with the authorities unless neighbours complains. Anyway, all the best.

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2007, 7:51 PM

Post #25 of 32 (12430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Where to debark my dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Our solution!...since we can't have 3 outside we have decided to bring in the barker into the house. Will have to make adjustments...

peaceCool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my