Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
how to retrain a poodle almost 2 years old to pee & poo in toilet

vibeno826
Novice

Dec 12, 2006, 9:08 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1030 views)
Shortcut
how to retrain a poodle almost 2 years old to pee & poo in toilet Can't Post

i just get a poodle almost 2 years old from a friend. Normally my friend only allowed his poodle to pee & poo outside the house. now i hope to train it to do in the toilet coz i am moving to a condominium next year ...at tat time i dun think i can bring it to outside evryday. i know it will be very difficult to retrain since it oredi almost 2 years old...anyone can give me some ideas??? it is very urgent coz since yesterday i get the poodle i try to put it in to a toilet and hope it can do its business, but it dun want n until today morning i really worried about it coz it oredi not pee and poo for more than 14 hrs. So wat i can do is only bring it outside the house and very soon it oredi finish do its busines... i really need advise fro ur alls...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2006, 9:46 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vibeno826] how to retrain a poodle almost 2 years old to pee & poo in toilet [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

well..i think if u let him tahan for a lil longer...he will sure do his business indoor d....coz doubt he will be able to tahan so long....and after a few times of doing it indoor, he will know that it is okay to do it indoor..

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 14, 2006, 4:40 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vibeno826] how to retrain a poodle almost 2 years old to pee & poo in toilet [In reply to] Can't Post

bring a trowel and get the dog to poo and pee outside, then bring some the soiled turf home, put it on newspaper in the toilet and try and get the dog to poo and pee there.

vibeno826
Novice

Dec 14, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] how to retrain a poodle almost 2 years old to pee & poo in toilet [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for reply me...u two r very kind...

weirdpoh
New User

Dec 19, 2006, 2:53 PM

Post #5 of 5 (997 views)
Shortcut

consistency and patience
poodles are very smart and they learn very quickly so i doubt it'll take long u'll just have to be patient and consistent.

remember that accidents will happen so there really isn't any point in screaming and cursing at it cos once they've done the deed they forget so they wouldn't know what they are being reprimanded for. my bf used to do that and she associated going to the toilet with being screamed at so not a good idea at all.

in terms of consistency just make sure you choose one spot and stick to it. everytime it's done correctly praise it and give it treats. i think training it to do it in the apartment is much beter than getting it to hold it's bladder the whole day. u'd have to rush home from wherever and it's probably unhealthy for a dog to keep doing that.

i use training/wee wee pads even though they are more expensive but they are more convenient and hygienic for me.
it's really up to you.

any q's feel free to ask me. gluck
I'm a wannabe :P

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my