How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

mykiko

Dec 8, 2006, 4:20 PM

Post #1 of 77 (21898 views)
Shortcut
How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo Can't Post

Hi,

I'm getting very upset with my shi tzu, Kiko Frown I tried to put tobasco and chili padi in her poo to stop her from eating her poo but yet she still eat. I really don't know what to do anymore Is she having indigestion problem? Can anyone give me some advice please.... im so sad so sad

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2006, 10:08 PM

Post #2 of 77 (21888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

kiko will be getting her jab this weekend? perhaps u can take this opportunity to ask the vet too..mayb they can give u some solutions as well...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Dec 8, 2006, 10:27 PM

Post #3 of 77 (21887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jessica,

Kiko oredi took her 3rd jab oredi, i did ask the vet about it. She said its like tat one lah.... u gotta watch her lor, that is the only answer she gave me!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2006, 10:52 PM

Post #4 of 77 (21886 views)
Shortcut

ha? like dat wan ah the vet....hmmm...i hv no idea at all oso...hv to surf the net to hv more info...coz so far for sze ern, we monitor lo..coz during the day, i hv ppl at home oso to take care of my girls...so not really a prob lo...

let me try to search for more info oso ya....hopefully some other members with exp could help...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Dec 8, 2006, 11:14 PM

Post #5 of 77 (21885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Jessica,

Thk you so much for your reply, i just only call the other vet and ask. They said got tablet to prevent dog from eating their poo, in the forum also said it might be a habit, which i hope is not or maybe indigestion or hungry...

I felt so regret for hitting kiko this morning and some more didnt hug her before i went off to work. cant wait to go back and say sorry. Poor kiko she is only a puppy....

This sunday ill go to vet and ask for the tablet or ask for other solution as well.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2006, 11:47 PM

Post #6 of 77 (21884 views)
Shortcut

hi,

don worry..i'm sure kiko will forgive u and love you...and i don think she will remember wat happen this morning oso....Cool

why u hit her? because u saw her eating the poo? yeah..sometimes under such circumstances, we can get very geram.....i am like dat too...so once a blue moon i'l get very angry and spank sasha too..but ended up, i think i am more heartache than her....so nowadays i'l just scold and ignored her instead of hiting her...i think this works better than hitting..

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Dec 9, 2006, 12:05 AM

Post #7 of 77 (21883 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jessica,

I have to choose to beat her instead of ignoring her. If i ignore her nobody will sayang her anymore coz im oredi working from mon - sat full day then come back ignore her somemore she will go crazy.... hahahaha Can you lend me yr mum ar....

I was so angry seeing her eating poo, tats why i hit her, scold her and also ignore her the whole time before i went to work. But even i hit her she still keep following me.... when i about to raise my hand she will run away...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2006, 12:23 AM

Post #8 of 77 (21882 views)
Shortcut

hi,

try not to hit her with ur hand..if not, the next time you raise your hand to sayang her, she will tot that u wan to hit her and she will run away..

well..actually by ignoring, u don hv to ignore her for long..coz furkids are very forgetful. so u may only scold and ignore her at the point she is eating the poo. let her know u dislike the behaviour...if she stops (even for awhile only), quickly praise her and reward her with some other thgs...

if u ignore her for 1/2 hour, she won even remember that u r angry because of her eating poo...she might tot that u r angry with her with whatever she's doing 1/2 hour later...

hehehehee...yalo...i think i am lucky d...coz got my mum to take care of them when i am away...at least they don feel lonely oso lo..

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Dec 9, 2006, 12:35 AM

Post #9 of 77 (21881 views)
Shortcut

Hi jessica,

When i sayang her tat time, she will bite my hand sometimes maybe she said its times for revenge...and sometimes she will lick my hand...but i couldnt think of somethings else that i could use to hit her. Last time got try to use the roll up paper, she refuse to pee on the newspaper after tat. I think with a firm NO and a light pat on her cheek will do...

U mean puppy is forgetful? When they grow up, will they still be forgetful?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2006, 12:50 AM

Post #10 of 77 (21880 views)
Shortcut

they are not forgetful, they jz cant remember wat they do 5 mins ago, then suddenly they can remember after half an hr or after 2 days

ezekiel 25:17

mykiko

Dec 9, 2006, 6:34 PM

Post #11 of 77 (21871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the info... Today is the 5th day after her 3rd jab. I might bath kiko tonite. I can use cold water to bath her is it and follow up by hair dryer in cold mode?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2006, 6:37 PM

Post #12 of 77 (21870 views)
Shortcut

use luke warm water la fren, i dunno abt ur place but everynite in pg its rainin. & the breeze is makin me feel chilly not to mention puppies

immediately check her nose after bath, if too watery make her warm with dry blankets

mykiko

Dec 9, 2006, 6:58 PM

Post #13 of 77 (21865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok.... ill dry her up immediately after the shower. Actually my bf always use warm water to bath her but some said bath her with cold water is better. If Kiko sneeze, is that means she is chilly?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2006, 7:09 PM

Post #14 of 77 (21864 views)
Shortcut

luke warm against normal temp water??? i singled em out this way, if i bathe zeus in afternoon whr its hot i'l use normal temp water, if it nite time i'l use luke warm

if she sneezes after bath either uve got water running thru her nose earlier durin bath (always keep her nose up high) or yes she feelin cold & chilly (also watch if she shivers or trembles)

good luck cheers

mykiko

Dec 9, 2006, 7:17 PM

Post #15 of 77 (21861 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for your kind reply and information....Wink

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #16 of 77 (21860 views)
Shortcut

no prob be happy to do so keep us updated of her ok

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2006, 6:16 PM

Post #17 of 77 (21840 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yes...I agree...a light pat and a firm NO will do the trick...Wink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Dec 11, 2006, 7:56 PM

Post #18 of 77 (21837 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jessica,

brought kiko to vet yesterday, regarding the eating poo things. The vet said she might be lack of enzyme so i had to feed her enzyme tablets twice a day... hopefully it helps. I heard there is a 'deter' tablet to treat dogs from eating their poo but yesterday i went to the pet shop, they dont sell that also!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #19 of 77 (21836 views)
Shortcut

hi,

good to hear that there is a solution for this...hope that it really helps!!! keep us updated ya!Wink

yeah lo..i feel hor the pet shops in Malaysia not that comprehensive wan....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2006, 10:52 PM

Post #20 of 77 (21828 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i hrd that there is this powder 'solid gold SEP (Stop Eating Poo)' which is available in petshop....hrd that it is good and effective..u might wan to go n check it out...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Dec 13, 2006, 5:19 PM

Post #21 of 77 (21822 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Jessica ill go look for it this sunday...

animegal888
Novice

Dec 16, 2006, 10:14 AM

Post #22 of 77 (21803 views)
Shortcut

hi, i got a chihuhua that always eat her poo! when I saw she eating and scold her, she salah faham thought I call her don't poo poo there. And I'm not always at home to jaga her,sometimes i came home and saw got small poo left only! I tried stop stool eating tablet, which is useless and worstly,my amber refuse to eat it. I'm really interested with 'solid gold SEP (Stop Eating Poo), becuase it is powder and I don't have to feed her tablet!! Where can find this product!? reply plZ!!!

I have the exact experince like mykiko, I get so fed up and hit Amber, but i feel bad later on, and apologise...Unsure
Click Amber's Blg

Vision Quartz
Novice

Dec 16, 2006, 10:29 PM

Post #23 of 77 (21802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [animegal888] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Admin on Dec 21, 2006, 6:22 AM)

mykiko

Dec 18, 2006, 11:28 PM

Post #24 of 77 (21793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [animegal888] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

After feeding my Kiko with the enzyme tablets given by the vet doc, now my kiko dont eat her poo oredi, coz that day when i came home i saw her poo untouch...

yeah.... Finally!!! Hope she will stop eating her poo starting from now!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2006, 11:45 PM

Post #25 of 77 (21791 views)
Shortcut

hi,

congrats!!!!!! good to hear the news...wats the enzyme tablet called? can we buy it in pet shop? or only vet sell it? how much anyway?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my