Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Chihuahua - Advise needed

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Dec 4, 2006, 5:09 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Chihuahua - Advise needed Can't Post

I am interested in getting a Chihuahua as a pet. Seen some and called some contacts and the price seems to fluctuate from RM1200 - RM2800. Can anyone give some advise on where can I get a Chihuahua from a good breeder at reasonable price. What possible problems you face?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 11, 2006, 5:50 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] Chihuahua - Advise needed [In reply to] Can't Post

The biggest problem is you step on it by mistake.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2006, 3:09 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Chihuahua - Advise needed [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL, dude there's a guy askin abt MS la u go help him la, i dunno much abt dogs 1.

ezekiel 25:17

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 3:37 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Chihuahua - Advise needed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The biggest problem is you step on it by mistake.

pangurban..

lol! as equal as to a long-fur shi tzu

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

yst323
Old Kaki

Jan 27, 2007, 5:31 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome you on board...

Well, price varies depending on long coated or short coated chihuahua that you are looking for... I saw many pet shop selling chihuahua price ranging from 1,200-1,800 for short coated and 1,500-2,000 for long coated.

Chihuahua is very tiny and some ppl afraid that you might be accidentally step on them.. me too, having this type of feeling before but slowing you will find out that they will manage to skip themselves out when you are about to step on them... be prepare to spend more time with them especially when they are still puppy. Social is very important, I see many chihuahua owners having very fierce chi due to lack of social.. If you can spend more time to play with them and bring them out often, chi can be a very good companion..

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

potter

Feb 12, 2007, 11:52 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1111 views)
Shortcut

Ya stepping on them is the biggest hazard. Its not every time they manage to escape your step. I even heard of Yorkies as small as Chis being stepped on died from internal damages. Also some stories of calculator fell on a yorkie's head resulted in internal bleeding of the brain. If you want to have a small dog, you have to be EXTRA careful. Stepping on them, things falling on them, accidentaly kicking them or accidentaly closing the door on them can be more hazardous for small dogs than normal sized dogs.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

eddie
New User

May 26, 2007, 1:36 AM

Post #7 of 7 (999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yst323] Chihuahua - Advise needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.

I've seen you and your dogs at Taman Desa, really pretty and yet very obedient, bark real less, how do you manage to teach them so well? I heard and read that chihuahua barks a lot and that's the reason which have been holding me back from getting one so far as I'm staying in condo, have to be considerable...

On the other hand, lately I've been thinking of getting a short coated chihuahua, prefer just white or mix brown. Would like to get to know more about your experience, so to see if I'm capable to handle them in a condo.

Cheers!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my