First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 6:03 PM

Post #1 of 133 (5455 views)
Shortcut
We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? Can't Post

Harlow everyone,

would like to ask if we need to brush our doggies' teeth? if yes, how do we do that ourselves?

is it sufficient just to give them rawhide or greenies? i noticed that my doggies' teeth a bit yellowish....so please advise ya...

thanks a lotCool

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 27, 2006, 8:16 PM

Post #2 of 133 (5452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Brush.

Otherwise the plaque will lead to gum disease. Just get a baby toothbrush and dog toothpaste or baby toothpaste. Easier if you get the dog used to it when he's still a puppy. You can ease the introduction by using a brush that fits onto a finger like a thimble.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2006, 9:09 PM

Post #3 of 133 (5450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm....i tot if u gv greenie n rawhide, there shldn't be any plaque built up...

but if there is plaque or tartar, u definately gotta start brushing...

i usually gv raw bone n is very effective...

getting my dog to brush is a disaster...she keep eating up all d toothpaste...Pirate

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 9:21 PM

Post #4 of 133 (5449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah lo....i tot so too....don know why still got plaque even though i give her rawhide/greenies...just noticed that when i was checking her teeth...

hahahaaha..i can imagine that....like baby, they just eat all the toothpaste...so do u still brush pacco's teeth? or u give her raw bone? like my case, if i give raw bone now oso no use d hor?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 9:24 PM

Post #5 of 133 (5448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh....got dog toothpaste ah? din notice that in petshop..will go n find out..but really cant imagine la....brushing her teeth...i think my dogs sure don like it lo....but no choice...sigh....i think hv to brush d.to avoid problem in future...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 9:25 PM

Post #6 of 133 (5445 views)
Shortcut

oh yeah...i forgot....btw...how frequent you brush ah? once a week?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2006, 9:26 PM

Post #7 of 133 (5445 views)
Shortcut

y no use? i oso start giving bones onli when i notice pacco got plaque...

i did try brushing, but it was like a wrestling game between both of us...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 9:29 PM

Post #8 of 133 (5444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh really ah? tot now got plaque d have to clean up the plaque first before giving raw bone....

so u mean u give her the raw chicken bone?

actually now oni 1 teeth got plaque..the rest still ok...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2006, 9:36 PM

Post #9 of 133 (5442 views)
Shortcut

i dun know how 2 differentiate between plaque or tartar...but apparently her teeth is yellow n i couldn't get rid of it by juz rubbing it wit a towel.....but after she gotta chew a bone, then d teeth become slightly whiter...

Pacco de Mongrel

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 28, 2006, 3:47 AM

Post #10 of 133 (5430 views)
Shortcut

Dog toothpaste can be very expensive. Apparently baby toothpaste will do since it is mild and won't irritate the dog's innards when it swallows.

They'll tell you to brush daily - too much of a chore. I brush infrequently, as and when I feel it's time to clean her teeth.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 28, 2006, 5:44 PM

Post #11 of 133 (5427 views)
Shortcut

oh..okok..will go buy baby toothpaste instead...wah..wow wow will stand still and let u brush the teeth...then she knows how to spit it out?

i hope sasha can also....will do it this weekend...hehehheeh..can imagine some wrestling going on soonWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 28, 2006, 7:21 PM

Post #12 of 133 (5424 views)
Shortcut

No. She will squirm and such and try and keep her muzzle firmly shut and then she will lick the toothpaste greedily if I manage to get the brush inside.

kaychia

Nov 29, 2006, 1:06 AM

Post #13 of 133 (5414 views)
Shortcut

May I know if use the dog toothpaste, does doggie need to gargle with water and spit it out like human? Or izzit use doggie toothpaste no need to gargle but just wipe?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 29, 2006, 2:43 AM

Post #14 of 133 (5411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaychia] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

haiyoh, if you can teach your wow wow to gargle and spit out, I salute you.

No need lah. Doggie will just lick and swallow everything. That's why you can't use human toothpaste, although word has it baby toothpaste is mild enough (since they too lick and swallow).

kaychia

Nov 30, 2006, 12:05 AM

Post #15 of 133 (5402 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha...you r rite. Dun think he will spit it out but was thinking of using the water to just wash it off IF possible mar...But since wow wow eat got no problem with the tummy, then OK lar...makes life easier. Cannot imagine what will happen tho coz my wow wow when trying to clean ear & the eyes also squirm here and there trying to wrestle with me, I think brush teeth will be even worse.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 30, 2006, 1:03 AM

Post #16 of 133 (5398 views)
Shortcut

You have to get the wow wow used to it, slowly. Might be easier to use the thimble/finger glove thingy first. No need to pry open the jaws at first. Just lift up the flaps by the side and brush the exposed teeth. Then slowly get wow wow to let you brush inside. Easier if start from young lah.

kaychia

Nov 30, 2006, 1:13 AM

Post #17 of 133 (5395 views)
Shortcut

Got the timble like brush meh? Where you get one? I was thinking of getting the baby tooth brush. If can get something like what you recommend I think will be better. Easier to manage.

Also, my puppy is a golden. Tho he is still young (5 months +) but he is still a very big & strong puppy. He will also show me the Unsure face and struggle. So, have to hold him real tight at times and day NO firmly so that he will stay calm and lie quietly. Sometimes OK, sometimes, not really. Maybe, later as he grows use to it ( I have been doing it for like 3 months?) then will not be soo...susah lor...

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 30, 2006, 1:55 AM

Post #18 of 133 (5390 views)
Shortcut

oh a golden. Then I think you'd better get a grown-up tooth brush.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 2, 2006, 7:26 PM

Post #19 of 133 (5378 views)
Shortcut

its wat they called a dog's toothbrush, it looks something like toothbrush head but the body will be hollow, usually made out of plastic or rubber, u will need to stick ur index finger to complete the toothbrush look

try making the toothbrushing procedures a fun thing to do with ur gr, he'l then expect to do it more often

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 3, 2006, 6:22 PM

Post #20 of 133 (5375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh....dog toothbrush??? okok..any idea if dog r us sell it? went to the pet shop near my place...they don hv....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 4, 2006, 1:17 AM

Post #21 of 133 (5373 views)
Shortcut

Hey all dog Owners Cool

Today bring my Silkies for polishing their teeth. Vet recommended me a new product that required us to rub the gel on to the teeth daily. No need brushing. This product will help soften the tartar when the dog eat the dog food kibble the tartar will drop off, at the sametime help prevent tartar buildup. 1 tube 70g cost RM35. Each application required 1cm gel for 10KG dog weight. I got this product from Brickfield Vet Clinic.

Hope this is good news to all dog owners out there Cool

(This post was edited by chrisong on Dec 4, 2006, 1:17 AM)

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 4, 2006, 6:13 AM

Post #22 of 133 (5368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] We need to brush our doggies' teeth??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the heartgaard distributor was selling this at the last puppy.com event at bandar utama.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2006, 6:08 PM

Post #23 of 133 (5363 views)
Shortcut

hi,

do u regularly bring ur dogs to the vet to polish the teeth? i hrd that for first timer, they might not hv appetite to eat after the polish due to pain...is it true?

how much does it cost to polish the teeth?

thanks for the info on the gel...will try and see if i can find it here in penangWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 4, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #24 of 133 (5357 views)
Shortcut

I usually will let the vet polish their teeth about 2 years once. One dog cost RM150.

Polishing teeth will not cause any pain on the dog. The vet only brighten the teeth only mahCool It will not hurt the gum.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2006, 9:04 PM

Post #25 of 133 (5354 views)
Shortcut

ooo...2 years once???? hahahaha...i think i worry too early d....coz both my girls are goin to be 8 mths old niaBlush

anyway, i do notice a lil bit of tartar on one of the tooth of both my girls...dats y start to worry lo...hehehehehehe..wonder if i should wait till they are older..and get the vet to polish for me...easier then....hehehehee

but i do give them greenies to chew on occasionally lo...so clean up their teeth...

oh btw...when polish, how does the vet make them open the mouth ah? any idea ah? u see the whole process?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

(This post was edited by jessicaohh on Dec 4, 2006, 9:05 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my