Headache..Help!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

wsm
Novice

Nov 22, 2006, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 30 (1833 views)
Shortcut
Headache..Help!! Can't Post

My puppy is already 4 months + already...i have already trained him to pee n poo on the WIZDOG..but recently he started to poo everywhere in the living room but not on the WIZDOG (i mean everywhere n never at the same spot) i thought there will be a specific place that he prefers where he will always go back?? ..however he is able to pee on it most of the time... is it because of the WIZDOG area is too small??.. but he was able to poo on it most of the time before that.. i did put some of its poo on the WIZDOG to have a smell so that he will go back to that some place... but it is not successful.. is it because the smell of his pee covers up the smell of the poo... this all happen after i`ve changed his food to another brand..he seems to forget where he should poo.. do i need to train him again? i tried for about an hour but he would not do it n hold his poo until i decided to give up then he will immediately poo anywhere...Unsure

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 22, 2006, 10:51 PM

Post #2 of 30 (1825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wsm] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

when u mean 'trained' does it mean that you have stop rewarding your dog now?

pls remember that even after your dog is properly trained, you should reinforced the behaviour occasionally..meaning that you should still reward your dog occasionally when he does the right thing...reward here may refer to treat, playtime, toys or anythg that your dog loves most and is willing to work for it...

training and learning are lifelong practice and u shud continuously reinforce the behavior even if you are very sure that your dog is properly trained...

btw, how do you find wizdog? is it good? will it b troublesome to clean? i hrd that it is only sold at sri hartamas, rite? wanted to buy one but too far away la...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

wsm
Novice

Nov 23, 2006, 1:07 AM

Post #3 of 30 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, i still keep rewarding him whenever he does the right thing by giving him treats.. only when occasionally he pees on the wrong place then i don't reward him.. when once in a blue moon he poo on the correct place i even reward him a lot more... however sometime when he does try to poo on the WIZDOG, before the poo really drop out he will jump out from the WIZDOG and in the end, the poo will still drop on the floor...hmm.. really headache..Frown

yea, i think WIZDOG is helpful especially if your dog will always bite n chew the newspaper because there is a filter to prevent the dog from reaching the newspaper...and the doggie feet will not get wet n dirty.. which i think is the major problem if only use newspaper (which i tried before).. however i must say it is most useful for the pee-ing part..because u only need to change the newspaper once a day.. but if for the poo u still need to pick it up everytime after the doggie poo but don't have to wipe la...just pick it up n throw into the toilet bowl..

if u don't think it is costly then is a good alternative lor ...yea i bought it from sri hartamas n i was told that they are the sole seller

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 23, 2006, 3:59 PM

Post #4 of 30 (1817 views)
Shortcut

What's this Wizdog thing and where's this Sri Hartamas place?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2006, 9:57 PM

Post #5 of 30 (1806 views)
Shortcut

i think u gotta start back from the basic.....coz v never know what's in d puppy mind...

juz treat him as a new puppy n reintroduce d training programme....

try to keep 100% supervision n avoid accident anymore....or else, it'll turn into a habit

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 23, 2006, 10:15 PM

Post #6 of 30 (1805 views)
Shortcut

the WIZDOG really good? i'm so interested with it...but i can't hardly go to kl to get one...Unsure

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2006, 1:25 AM

Post #7 of 30 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

u can go to this website http://www.wizdog.com/ to know more on wizdog..

yeah lo..same like u...it's too far for me to go to buy wizdog...and i'm not sure exactly where in sri hartamas is the shop selling wizdog...

so i made my own 'wizdog'..heheheheeh

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2006, 3:25 AM

Post #8 of 30 (1797 views)
Shortcut

a clear mind & patience is the real key to potty training, the real key to whizdog, if u have more dogs at home would u have more whizdogs??? i dont think so therefore, a suggestion of a whizdog guardian (we dont refer ourselves as dog owners anymore) is more precise. equipped urselves with the basic of caring for ur furkids, try not to rely on technologies to make u easier or lazier thus effecting ur furkids' little minds. the problem with ur dog is that its actually afraid of u each time u drag him to the whiz thingy & wait there. he sees this is an act or dominance from u & hence he'l jz stand there being submissive & wait for u to let go

ezekiel 25:17

wsm
Novice

Nov 24, 2006, 4:27 AM

Post #9 of 30 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone who like to have wizdog is depend on their own preferences.. if i have more dogs n have to keep them indoor..so y not more wizdog since it is useful.. yea i have equipped myself with the basic of caring that's the basic needs of every dog owners so y not rely on technologies to make my life easier? Isn't that what technologies for? Then why are you making yourself easier or lazier.. stay away from computer.. don't use the internet.. you should be sending snail mail to tell us your opinion not post here in the internet.. so you are advising everyone not to clip the doggies nail but let it shorten naturally?? since the clipper might be one of those technologies which make us easier n lazier n effecting the furkids little minds?? so everyone should not be using hairdryer to blow the doggies hair? since that is also a technology??

i thought the way to train him to pee n poo is by restricting him to a place n wait till he does his business n then reward him?? Isn't that the way housebreaking or potty training should be? correct me if i am wrong and provide your good n effective way pls.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #10 of 30 (1779 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
whoa...seems like ur a little piss with my post huh?? sorry if i kinda offended u ya Anyone who like to have wizdog is depend on their own preferences..i agree with u on this matter if i have more dogs n have to keep them indoor..so y not more wizdog since it is useful.. yea i have equipped myself with the basic of caring that's the basic needs of every dog owners if that was the case u wouldnt be postin abt ur problem here wouldnt u??? so y not rely on technologies to make my life easier? u only rely on tech once ur pups are sure wat to do, right now ur pups are confused Isn't that what technologies for? Then why are you making yourself easier or lazier.. stay away from computer..the pc i use is for work, knowledge & leisure & none of the em effects zeus don't use the internet..the net is whr i gained more knowledge on carin for my furkid you should be sending snail mail i still use the snail mail sometimes to surprise my gf Cool to tell us your opinion not post here in the internet.. so you are advising everyone not to clip the doggies nail but let it shorten naturally?? errm...zeus buff his own nails since the age of abt 4mths since the clipper might be one of those technologies which make us easier n lazier it does makes me more easier & sometimes it makes me lazier also Sly n effecting the furkids little minds?? so everyone should not be using hairdryer to blow the doggies hair? since that is also a technology??

i thought maybe wat u thought was not suitable? the way to train him to pee n poo is by restricting him to a place n wait till he does his business n then reward him?? Isn't that the way housebreaking or potty training should be? there are many ways to potty train ur furkids, depends on situation, etc. correct me if i am wrong and provide your good n effective way pls. im not an expert & still learning, however u can read my post in the terrier group jrt zone for em, u can try em out if u find my suggestions suitable good luck cheers

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 24, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #11 of 30 (1771 views)
Shortcut

Yalor, so simple to DIY.

wsm
Novice

Nov 25, 2006, 4:20 AM

Post #12 of 30 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

if that was the case u wouldnt be postin abt ur problem here wouldnt u??? so you mean anyone who equipped themself with the basic of caring wouldnt be postin abt their problem here ??? so indirectly you mean apart from you, all the forumers who have posted their problems and ask for advises do not have the basic of caring? u only rely on tech once ur pups are sure wat to do, right now ur pups are confused if you don't teach your pups from the beginnning will he ever know what to do? so you mean i should teach him to pee n poo on another method first and then only change to use the tech halfway?? don't that sound more confusing?? the pc i use is for work, knowledge & leisure & none of the em effects zeus..the net is whr i gained more knowledge on carin for my furkid don't you need the pc to use the net? so gaining knowledge on caring your furkid doesn't sound related to zeus?? i still use the snail mail sometimes to surprise my gf.. i mean you should completely use snail mail to contact your friends.. not only your gf.. since you say we should not rely on tech..errm...zeus buff his own nails since the age of abt 4mths.. yea congrats to you.. so you think every pups will be the same as yours?..so what are the groomers for? it does makes me more easier & sometimes it makes me lazier also Sly.. i`m glad that at least there is a thing that we can agree on..

maybe wat u thought was not suitable? im not an expert & still learning, however u can read my post in the terrier group jrt zone for em, u can try em out if u find my suggestions suitable if you think it is not suitable then what is suitable? can't you provide your recommendation or thought here..why must i find out your suggestions elsewhere since you are replying here? there are many ways to potty train ur furkids, depends on situation, etc. why didn't you think so earlier? didn't you just instantly singled out my way of potty train was wrong?

whoa...seems like ur a little piss with my post huh?? sorry if i kinda offended u ya i thought i had made it obvious enough for you to be very sure? yea i definitely think you should be sorry.. if you have the intention to help, make sure you help n advise sincerely and don't annoy people.. if not, it is better if you don't help at all...i don't mind that..

wsm
Novice

Nov 25, 2006, 4:30 AM

Post #13 of 30 (1762 views)
Shortcut

wow... you made your own wizdog ..i really envy your creativity.. maybe you can share how you made your wizdog so that can help other people.. i also thought of making one myself but no such creativity so i choosed the easy way out Smile.. i also don't know where exactly is the shop at first but i found out the shop's website from this forum so i followed the map provided but then still couldn't find so finally i called up the shop n asked them to teach me the way hehe Tongue

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #14 of 30 (1756 views)
Shortcut

well...mine is very simple actually....i use the tray (the black under tray for crate)....and i put newspaper on it...then i close the whole tray with a some sort like a netting....actually not netting la..i use the floor cover...(u know the one we put in the toilet so dat we won slip and fall)....coz that one is quite hard and with lubang ma....then juz close it lo....

heheheheh...but only thing is, sometimes the dog will just pull the 'net' up n bite the newspaper...so at the beginning of the training, must really make sure that we teach the dogs not to open the 'net' lo....

so far so good la for my shih tzuWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2006, 6:31 PM

Post #15 of 30 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

heheeeh.. yeah lo..u make your own too? mind sharing it here? perhaps u have better idea which i can copyWink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 25, 2006, 7:06 PM

Post #16 of 30 (1752 views)
Shortcut

No, my wow wow is already toilet trained, and she's always very clean about it, doesn't get her paws soaked in pee pee; but hmmmm I wonder if I could persuade her to use a DIY wizdog instead of the balcony to do her pee pee poo poo. Might make cleaning up easier. Where's this shop in sri hartamas? I know only one pet shop there, a couple of doors away from the Bulldog. Is that the one?

wsm
Novice

Nov 25, 2006, 8:35 PM

Post #17 of 30 (1746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yea the Wizdog should be the same as the Jessicaohh DIY 1... but maybe the netting a lot heavier kua so my doggie won't be able to lift it to bite the newspaper underneath..

the shop is just above Plaza Damas... you know the place where everyday Saturday there's dog adoption event there??(this is what i found out hmm don't know from this forum or where.. forgot already)...the Bulldog there should be desa sri hartamas..Smile

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2006, 8:41 PM

Post #18 of 30 (1744 views)
Shortcut

heheheeh...actually i got my idea from wizdog website....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 29, 2006, 2:20 AM

Post #19 of 30 (1713 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
so you mean anyone who equipped themself with the basic of caring wouldnt be postin abt their problem here ??? so indirectly you mean apart from you, all the forumers who have posted their problems and ask for advises do not have the basic of caring? if uve done the necessary, u wouldnt be posting here on ur problems here (HELP???) wouldnt u???, meaning ur still not sure of wat to do, rite?if you don't teach your pups from the beginnning will he ever know what to do? so you mean i should teach him to pee n poo on another method first and then only change to use the tech halfway?? don't that sound more confusing?? yes u need to teach him at the beginning but u can also train old dogs too don't you need the pc to use the net? so gaining knowledge on caring your furkid doesn't sound related to zeus?? yes but not on him, technology is co-related, but in ur case u rather go for slim wrap to loose weight than doing for exercise i mean you should completely use snail mail to contact your friends.. not only your gf.. since you say we should not rely on tech..i guess ur not that romantic after all.. yea congrats to you.. so you think every pups will be the same as yours?..so what are the groomers for? well too bad uve got urself a dumb dog, or do u really own a dog??? havent seen ur dog's pic before? i`m glad that at least there is a thing that we can agree on.. yup im lazy but i know im better off than u at every expense

if you think it is not suitable then what is suitable? if its suitable, why didnt it work the 1st time? why ru posting HELP again? meaning either ur wrong or ur dog is wrong, but yet again how can ur dog be wrong?can't you provide your recommendation or thought here..why must i find out your suggestions elsewhere since you are replying here? with ur huge ego here, i dont think ur open enough to except other opinion & suggestion, positive critics will only cause u to retaliate & explode why didn't you think so earlier? didn't you just instantly singled out my way of potty train was wrong? again if its the correct way, why didnt it work? if it works, why ru posting HELP here? so meaning either ur wrong or ur dog is wrong but do u really own a dog?

i thought i had made it obvious enough for you to be very sure? yea i definitely think you should be sorry.. if you have the intention to help, make sure you help n advise sincerely and don't annoy people.. if not, it is better if you don't help at all...i don't mind that..dude ur the one that cant except positive critic, im sorry not cuz i annoy u, cuz its a total waste of my time, u cant take simple suggestion??

Attachments: zeus29.jpg (4.14 KB)

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 29, 2006, 2:29 AM

Post #20 of 30 (1708 views)
Shortcut

yea... btw...i also notice that u try getting help several times ade on ur dog's peeing & pooing problems, forumers here have given u locations of the threads for ideas & suggestions u can use but did u really read em? & u didnt even thank the forumers rite? it was ur 1st & last post on that thread rite? so i dont wanna waste my time giving u suggestions, u can read all of em at their respective threads

mykiko

Nov 29, 2006, 11:09 PM

Post #21 of 30 (1694 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jessica,

Before you created your own wizdog, does your shi tzu step on their pee and poo after they have done their business?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 29, 2006, 11:28 PM

Post #22 of 30 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

emmm...actually i hv the idea on the 'wizdog' before i got my shih tzu....so when we brought her home, we use this method d.....so so far, she has never step on the pee/poo after their business...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mykiko

Nov 30, 2006, 12:11 AM

Post #23 of 30 (1688 views)
Shortcut

At first i trained her to pee on the newspaper and now i prefer her to pee in the crate. She sometime will pee in the crate and also on the newspaper that i prepare for her at the same spot. If i took the newspaper away, i was wondering will she pee in the crate instead or maybe at the same spot without newspaper. I must give a try first...

Now the problem is eating her poo.... as i see there is a lot of puppy owner facing this problem... Do u know that i will be extremely happy if i get a chance to see her poo after i got back from work which is only happen once. Either she didnt poo or she finished the whole things....

Now the only things i can do is to fed her with puppyvitte vitamins, fed her twice a day instead of once a day see whether she will stop licking her poo or not. As i oredi tried to put pepper, cili padi and even tobasco sauce. Kiko is very smart, she know that i have done something to her poo so she wont even go near.... sigh.... so be patient lorUnsure

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 30, 2006, 12:19 AM

Post #24 of 30 (1684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] Headache..Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

well...do u let her sleep in the crate? coz if the crate is her room, then you cant teach her to pee in the crate coz by nature, they won dirty their sleeping area...

as for poo....actually sometimes i do wonder if majority of shih tzu loves to eat poo....coz i do come across a few shih tzu that have the same problem....and even mine now is starting to be the same!!!!!!!! aiyoyo...headache headache...

but mine don eat la...just put it in the mouth and then later walk to me and spit it out!!!!!!!!!!Pirateyucks!

so the only thing that i do now is to scold her lo everytime she does that..and monitor her closely...even we are around..normally she will just poo and walk away..but if we do not notice..she will poo, put it in the mouth and come to us!

only lately she does that...before this, she is okay..luckily my poodle din follow her....if not, i really pengsanUnsure

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 30, 2006, 1:41 AM

Post #25 of 30 (1682 views)
Shortcut

haha..but jessica, try think another way, would it be ur gal wanted to inform u that she has poo'ed?i think ur gal gal might think "ok, i've poo poo, but mummy is not here, i gotta bring her the poo poo n let her know i've poo'ed, so mummy can pick up the mess"....u see, u said if u r around, she will just poo and go away, but if u r not around, she will poo, put it in mouth, then come to u and spit it in front of u...don't u think so?

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my