Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
feel cheated:demodex

fyc67
New User

Nov 19, 2006, 11:29 PM

Post #1 of 6 (731 views)
Shortcut
feel cheated:demodex Can't Post

Frownfirst time buying a puppy,responded to an advertisement by a MKA registered breeder 1 month ago.got from him a rottweiler puppy at 6 weeks old.

noticed during handling over of the dog,the puppy has loss of fur over head.lost of eyebrowse and small pimple type of skin lesions.told him these were not there when i booked the puppy 2 weeks before.

he reassured me it is minor skin problems and offer to pay for the first visit to the vet.the skin condition worsen and i brought the puppy to another vet(at my own expenses)twice.the vet diagnosed it as having demodex.he told me it is difficult to cure.,

went back to breeder,he said it is not his problems.after much discussion he is willing to take back the puppy at a much lower price!!

1)should i keep the puppy and keep treating it or should i return him and get a new puppy?

2)what can be done to unethical breeder...he may sell this puppy to another unsuspected person

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 20, 2006, 2:10 AM

Post #2 of 6 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fyc67] feel cheated:demodex [In reply to] Can't Post

If the breeder is not responsible, he/she will not take back the pup that sold to you.

fyc67
New User

Nov 20, 2006, 2:38 AM

Post #3 of 6 (725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] feel cheated:demodex [In reply to] Can't Post

If the breeder is responsible,he will not sell me the puppy in the first place

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 20, 2006, 4:13 AM

Post #4 of 6 (724 views)
Shortcut

Maybe this not his false cause he also don't know the pup got this problem. And now he/she is willing to take back consider this breeder is responsible liao. Who breeders will do that?

You are the one who choose the pup not him/her.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2006, 8:05 PM

Post #5 of 6 (702 views)
Shortcut

demotex can actually be cure....

my grandpa's boxer was being diagnosed with demotex last year by d vet....after 3 visit....he had stop developing problem for more than 1/2 a yr...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 26, 2006, 7:23 AM

Post #6 of 6 (654 views)
Shortcut

I agree.
Most breeders would just blame the new owner that he is the cause of the skin problems, then avoid u like the plague and treat u like u nvr existed.
Tha fact he is woffering to buy the pup back says smth.
Also,demodex is like cold sores. It will always be with the dog but can be controlled,albeit it will be difficult but definitely possible with the right treatment. Most dogs have the mites frm the say they are born but they hv the immune system to control the mites.U can search this site re the topic.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my