Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
my puppy always bark @@

samyueru
Novice

Nov 18, 2006, 6:39 AM

Post #1 of 11 (3457 views)
Shortcut
my puppy always bark @@ Can't Post

UnsureUnsureFrownFrown Hai guys..im an amateur for training dog..i just bought my puppy he is a jack russel name shiro hes 7 weeks now..
he always barking when i want go to my room or desapear in front of him and the worst is hes barking in the middle of the night T.T..
and another think is..his stomach very big..like pregnant..OMG i donno what hes eating..last nite he still eat the puppy food..but today he just licked the food not even eat it..i scared he eat some rubber..cos i found some rubber near the cage..pls help me with this 2 problems..thank u so much..FrownFrownFrown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2006, 8:04 PM

Post #2 of 11 (3451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samyueru] my puppy always bark @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi & welcome to the world of jrt madness,

im not an expert but i'l let u know how i handled zeus ok?

apparently uve gotta start training him now even with ur amateur state cuz pretty soon he'l might be the 1 training u instead...Unsure find out the reason of him barking...attention?? food?? jz wanna play?? poo / pee time?? hunting instinct?? once uve found the reason of him barking, then only ur able to use the correct solution or approach

for the stomach...have u given him the de-worming pills yet?? at the age of 7 weeks he's very fragile to other dogs (in terms of immunity) therefore have patience & dont go boasting him to ur peers yet...cuz u might jz catch a disease fr other dogs or human Unsure f/up on the jabs he's supposed to finish & the de-worming pills..check with ur local vets on schedule

feed him accordingly to ur schedule, not his...give him light breakfast at a certain time, his lunch & dinner at a certain time, & maybe another light supper at a certain time...as he grows up u take out the supper & breakfast leaving him with 2 meals per day. do not worry abt him getting starve as he'l get used to his meals schedule. if ur late for the day's lunch, do not feed later jz skip his lunch.(if his lunch is around 1230-130pm & u return home at 230pm, dont feeed anymore, his next meal is dinner)

as for jrt, they'll try to swallow also anything that fancy em Unsure zeus has eaten a pencil eraser whole & shat it out the next day, he's chewed on strings & choke his throat (ive to pull out the string Unsure ) uve gotta educate him with his toys, teaching him the only thing he can chew, bite, rip are his toys.each time he try biting something not his, a firm NO & remove that thing, either he'l think ur playing (look into his eyes & another firm NO) or he'l be submissive & be sad (cheer him up by giving treats, praise, toys) letting him know by letting go & not disturbing the object he's not supposed to chew on will make u happy...thus him getting a treat, praise, toy...

i hope u can understand me Unimpressed & it helps

good luck

ezekiel 25:17

samyueru
Novice

Nov 19, 2006, 6:31 AM

Post #3 of 11 (3444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] my puppy always bark @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Vinovirus..thx for the fast replying..the bad thing is..i work as part timer at restaurant..and that make my scheldule not stable..today i was working from 10am to 9 pm..i just feed him for breakfst only..n now i just feed him for the dinner..
he always barking at nite maybe he miss me or what ever the reason..but i have to rest for tomorow..i also pitty him..that i dont have enough time to play with him..maybe i just spend 20-30 minutes with him..after that i bath n sleep..
currently i dont have any toys for him..i dont have time to go to the pet shop..cos i stay in cyberjaya..
but tomorow ill buy him some toys to chew..if that toys can make him stop barking..i save my life then hahaha..
oya vinovirus..how do u train zues too pee or poo?in his age (7 weeks old) is it neceseray to train him where to poo n pee?cos i put him inside the cage..i plan to let him free after he know where to poo n pee..

thx a lot for the reply bro..ill wait for the fast reply again heheh..thanks..

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2006, 3:08 AM

Post #4 of 11 (3426 views)
Shortcut

sorry dude,

couldnt cater to ur need for fast reply this time cuz of work.

dude, caring for a dog is like caring for a child. if ur schedule is not exact, u need to determine a fixed time, either u gotta fixed the time or u leave food for him enough for whole day. u decide. if ur timing for breakfast & dinner is fixed then it should be alrite, u can skip his lunch.

jrts dont bark for no reason, when zeus barks (1) he wanna play cuz damn hyper ade (2) he's barkin at other movin creatures that he cant reach cuz too high :lizards, roaches, crows (3) a stranger he sees loitering around (4) lightning & thunder (5) firecrackers (6) mat rempits (7) cant think of any ade

of cuz he misses u!!! if u dont see ur gf for whole day also u can miss her wat!!! the trick is: to say goodbye when ur leaving the hse & to greet him when ur home. zeus knows it whether he can come along or not each time i go out. u need to let em know whether ur bringing him along or he's gonna have to stay home. when ur home, dont la spend half hr only. suggestion: ignore him & rest for 10mins each time ur home, then talk him out for a walk (even if its nite time)(dunno abt the crime rate in ur area?) maxed up his exercise & he'l be damn happy

chew toys & rawhide are somethin u need to have if u dont want ur jrt to chew on ur furniture. i dont crate up zeus so he's locked in my room - with balcony access he pees at the drainage on balcony most of the times

zeus learnt his toilet when he's 10 weeks old dont worry abt jrts, u jz need repetition. read my posts for blooms in the terrier group under jrt zone to get some tips ok

anything let me know la, good luck

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 1:39 AM

Post #5 of 11 (3381 views)
Shortcut

samyueru..

u staying alone? wit housemate? wit family? wit anyone?

im asking tis is cos if u don hav time to feed ur cutie (work), u can ask anyone at ur house or even ur neighbor to feed him (u stay in house/condo?)

puppies normally need more meals per day - 3 or 4 if younger

is he sleeping with u? play wit him and will make him bark less at nite.

keep a doggie = commitment... so i suggest u work out a plan/solution k? if not, ur cutie might suffer, tinking u don care for him anymore.. u can owes post questions and get advice from veterans and seniors here

u work everyday? got free time on sunday morning? i asking tis is, for toys, if u don hav time to shop around, u can go to doggie events which nrmally held on sundays (morning to afternoon), and get a toy for ur cutie from stalls set up in events..

the nex event is jan 14, k9 day, from 8.15 am to 3pm...

u can also get advice from ppl with doggies from the event..

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 1:43 AM

Post #6 of 11 (3379 views)
Shortcut

vinoviruz..

wa, zeus really notti and curious

he got learn his lesson?

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 1:47 AM

Post #7 of 11 (3378 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
chew toys & rawhide are somethin u need to have if u dont want ur jrt to chew on ur furniture. i dont crate up zeus so he's locked in my room - with balcony access he pees at the drainage on balcony most of the times

so u will be washing the balcony everyday?

stayin in high rise ha?

samyueru
Novice

Jan 3, 2007, 4:27 AM

Post #8 of 11 (3373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] my puppy always bark @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there..supamolly..cute dog there!!hahaha..
from now on..we like brother already..he not barking anymore..just bark at the mornin..like my life alarm hahaha..i work as part timer only..but now i stop..cos wanna continue my study ^^..any way im not malaysia..
im chinese indonesian n im limkokwing student..
nice to hear so much help from u guys..so much appreciate it..
still working how to teach shiro where to pee n poo..headache already hahaha..Tongue

anyway supamolly..where is the event will be happent?can reach there by public transportation or not ya?

and 1 more think..in here got a shelter for my furkid or not?for like 10 days?cos i must go back to jakarta on feb..for chinese new year..sad!!! pening kepala already.. T.T can give me advise?
thx bro!!

regard,sam.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 4, 2007, 11:48 PM

Post #9 of 11 (3362 views)
Shortcut

samyueru..

thanks a lot for the 'cute' haha.. good to hear tat shiro become ur life buddy now.

oh. lim kok wing. wa. famous college. u study design? must be artistic then

we always here to help and giv advice. so don worry, any questions, just bug us. we will be more than happy to help

toilet training. hmm. need some time. some dogs take shorter time, some dog take longer time. so it really depends on ur cutie. hav to know where shiro likes to do business. if like to do on grass, then train on grass. if like to do on newspp, then train on newspp. u stay in house? or apartment? normally house is easier to train, cus got grass. if got tree, then is best

don worry. all u need is patience and time. all will be fine after a while of training. must remember. no punishment too often. just praise a lot lot lot if shiro does it on the right spot.

give treat too.

the event will be held in Bandar Utama Central Park. there's public transport there (Train and bus), but impossible to take shiro into the public train and bus. dogs are illegal to enter public transport in tis country

unless u can find a taxi that dont mind abt dogs entering into their car

about animal shelter, u can find dog hotels in kl. but the cost will be around rm35 standard. for 10 days, it means u hav to pay rm350. think about it. u can also find 'nannies' in tis forum, like Derrick Kok and Melissa-Jane. U can find their post by entering thier names in the 'search posts' area (above). im sure they will be able to give u help. of course, a fee is charged as well. but at least u can make sure ur cutie gets 100% jagaan.

samyueru
Novice

Jan 5, 2007, 9:22 PM

Post #10 of 11 (3350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] my puppy always bark @@ [In reply to] Can't Post

wew..expensive T.T 350 can buy clothes,dog food, grooming and so on hahahaha..ei bro..i cant get derrick or melissa in the search mode..is that any nick name they use?
i hope i can found it early so i can relax my brain for a while hahahaa..

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 1:19 AM

Post #11 of 11 (3346 views)
Shortcut

samyueru..

oops. sory din give u a clearer direction.

anyway, try type in 'amber_mae'. then u can see all her posts. u can also reply in one of the posts and ask her how this and how that. she might be able to help u.

for derrick's, i kinda forgot. nvm, i will try look for him and giv u another feedback ya.

oh and fyi, melissa (amber_mae) stays in puncak jalil, while derrick stays in shah alam.

cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my