Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
Doggy Growling

shang
Novice

Nov 15, 2006, 6:29 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Doggy Growling Can't Post

Hi....I have a problem with my older dog. He's about 8 years old. last year i brought a puppy home n now he's about 11 months old. they got along fine until recently. my older dog gets a little jealous when we pat the yunger fellow. sometimes, he just gets irritated and jumps on the younger one for no particular reason. sometimes the fight gets really bad with each dog growling at each other. I need help as to how to curb this problem or what i should do. However they don;t fight all the time. though they keep away from ach other. they sometimes play but quite rare. can anyone help me with this problem? thanks.

wba84
Dog Kichi

Nov 15, 2006, 11:23 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shang] Doggy Growling [In reply to] Can't Post

Are u showering too much love on the pup and neglected the older one?
Maybe u shud try to pat the older first then onli the pup?
Watever u do to ur dogs, try to entertain the older one first then onli the pup.. Hope this would helps

-------------------------------------------------
Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^
-------------------------------------------------

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 16, 2006, 12:16 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3320 views)
Shortcut

hi,

what wba says is rite...whatever things u wan to do, do it with the older one first, then the pup...e.g grooming, food, play, etc...

for your case, it is a big age gap between the 2..so it will b quite hard for the older one to accept the puppy. so really hv to take time...

i faced the same prob too when i have my second pup although both of them are only 6 days apart (age)...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

shang
Novice

Nov 16, 2006, 7:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Doggy Growling [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys...thank you for your suggestions but no I dont pay too much attention to the younger one. We always give the older one first and i play with the older one as well. The problem also occurs even when we don't play with the younger pup. I guess my older dog is just a moody fellow nowadays. I'm trying to see if it may become a serious problem or not. I guess i have to take the older one to a vet or something. anyways thanks alot fot your comments. take care ciow

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2006, 9:46 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3285 views)
Shortcut

did u actually keep both d dog together all d time?

older dog tend to need more rest, while puppy will be kinda hyper n irritate d old dog...

tat's wat happen when my house had a 6yr old dog n a puppy @ d same time....d puppy juz couldn't stop disturbing d old dog resting...

so i would suggest that u separate both of them during certain period of d day so that d old dog can get some private resting time..

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my