IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
some questions.

zitian

Mar 31, 2002, 8:05 AM

Post #1 of 19 (6152 views)
Shortcut
some questions. Can't Post

can any1 please tell me what exactly is "linebred and outbred" "SOM/DOM/LOM status" ?Crazy

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 31, 2002, 8:34 AM

Post #2 of 19 (6149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zitian] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

Zitan, may be you would like to follow the link as below since we have one "almost" the same topic just above the "General" section ... if my recall is correct ... it should be known as "Bleeding & Whelping" section at

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=432;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Buy the way ... what is the full sentence of "SOM/DOM/LOM status"??? You have being asking questions ... and I believe there are plently more "newbie" would love to learn more ... and that include me!!! So, please spend sometime to type out the full sentence that every one could have a better picture!!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

(This post was edited by leopui on Mar 31, 2002, 8:41 AM)

zitian

Mar 31, 2002, 8:46 AM

Post #3 of 19 (6145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

i just found out what the SOM DOM means.. sire of merit..dam of merit..Blush..i was a bit confuse just now..sorry for the question...cheers

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 31, 2002, 8:59 AM

Post #4 of 19 (6144 views)
Shortcut

OIC ... only now I learn what's SOM & DOM means ... sire of merit & dam of merit!!! Thank you for doing that before i get myself wire of thinking the wrong stuffs!!! Cool Cool Cool
LEO PUI

Andrew

Mar 31, 2002, 9:31 AM

Post #5 of 19 (6140 views)
Shortcut

You bbad boy....

But actually...I do think of what you are thinking just now....

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 31, 2002, 9:43 AM

Post #6 of 19 (6138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh Laugh Laugh ... LOL!!!

Am I bbad boy ... ??? Of course NO!!! It should be bbad boy once upon a time ... but today ... it have just re-confirmed ... bbad "DOG" Cool !!!

Happy Easter To All!!!
LEO PUI

zitian

Mar 31, 2002, 9:44 AM

Post #7 of 19 (6138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

tell me what u guys were thinking!!Cool

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 31, 2002, 9:50 AM

Post #8 of 19 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Aayaa!
SOM/DOM/LOM you don't know eh?
Use your imagination lah.
SOM = Sexy Old Man
DOM = Dirty Old Man
LOM = Lonely Old Man.
Am I correct or not Zitian?
You are also one of a kind. What's this you type?
"Bleeding & Whelping" section at
Sure lah if bitch first timer!!!

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Mar 31, 2002, 10:09 AM)

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 31, 2002, 9:57 AM

Post #9 of 19 (6133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG Crazy "Bleeding" vs "Breeding" ... that's a mistake (again!), I am just too much thinking of my WS who just started her heat cycle last 4 days ago Tongue !!!

Early in the morning of Holy Easter already start to talk "Dirty" ... oh Boy ... you just won the title of DOM Cool Cool Cool !!!

Speaking about the SOM ... you are definitely the "V" rated Tongue!!! LOM is no way come near you Sly !!!
LEO PUI

(This post was edited by leopui on Mar 31, 2002, 10:40 AM)

zitian

Mar 31, 2002, 10:13 AM

Post #10 of 19 (6130 views)
Shortcut

lol...derric..u r funny..Laugh..early in the morning joking alredi...i'm goin to a dog show later...so SOM=sexy old man DOM=dirty old man and LOM=lonely old man...oklar..i know what to do later in the dog show...Cool..happy easter everybody!! it's freaking cold here...{sneezing}

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 31, 2002, 10:21 AM

Post #11 of 19 (6129 views)
Shortcut

Ya man, It is coming to winter in Oz.
BTW, one word of advice, if you intend to show any of your boxers in future, you have to follow the trend, and that is cropped ears. Without this, you have already lost 50% chance in winning.
Ha but never mind, this you can talk to breeders in Ipoh, provided you find honest and sincere breeders, because if you win they will have to lose right? so they might not be willing to tell you all.

zitian

Mar 31, 2002, 10:34 AM

Post #12 of 19 (6126 views)
Shortcut

i'll probably crop the ears if i'm in M'sia...i'm working very hard on this breed...hope that i can learn as much as i can in Oz...and later in M'sia..i'm curently studying german bloodlines and american's....and hope that derric can give me more advice CoolCool...since u r so free talking dirty in the middle of the night...LOL...j/kLaughLaugh

(This post was edited by zitian on Mar 31, 2002, 10:37 AM)

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 31, 2002, 10:42 AM

Post #13 of 19 (6123 views)
Shortcut

At this hour of the morning and if you are not in bed, it is nature to think of something exciting!
I cann't tell you anything on Boxers, not a thing, because I am not a boxer man. However, I do know little of its conformation and movements.
I give you an example. At the last Dog show 2 Dobermans were imported from the States, they wer beautiful animals, but ears were not cropped. They won nothing, so the judges be they local, foreign somehow, they will put up dogs that have cropped ears. This is only an advice I experienced in shows.

zitian

Mar 31, 2002, 10:49 AM

Post #14 of 19 (6121 views)
Shortcut

thanks alot derric..learnt something today..LaughLaughLaugh..have to write it down...Cool BTW..do u know any boxer man in this forum?

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 31, 2002, 11:00 AM

Post #15 of 19 (6120 views)
Shortcut

Fancy asking me? you have just as much knowledge as I have in this forum. Why don't you click into members' introduction and check them out? Jason from JB is a boxer man, and I think there is this girl Shanon from Serdang also have a boxer. Anyway, they are only keeping boxers as pets and may not show in the future.Crazy

jason
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2002, 8:19 AM

Post #16 of 19 (6100 views)
Shortcut

Hi Uncle Derrick,

Since you were talking about cropped ears among boxers, may I have some questions for you? Here they are:

1. What are the reasons for a show boxer to crop the ears?Natural ears are not as beautiful as cropped ears? I don't think so ...

2. I have read in some books which say that in British, they accept both cropped ears and natural ears boxers in show ring. So, this standard is subjected to different countries basis?

3. You said that if a boxer's ears are not cropped, the chance of winning is about 50% only. But, if there is a brilliant boxer with natural ears compared to others, then is it fair not to be awarded?

Anyway, I feel that it is quite pity for a boxer puppy to crop the ears ... Unsure

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 4, 2002, 1:42 PM

Post #17 of 19 (6099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

its the trend of the century
1. What are the reasons for a show boxer to crop the ears?Natural ears are not as beautiful as cropped ears? I don't think so ...
This is your opinion. Who is judging your dog?

jason
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2002, 6:01 PM

Post #18 of 19 (6093 views)
Shortcut

Trend of the century ... ??? Crazy

I wonder who had set the 'trend' Angelic ... it's still can't convince me if there are no reasons stated.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Apr 15, 2002, 10:53 PM

Post #19 of 19 (6077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] some questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don;t have the answers to your questions..But I do have an interesting site for you..

www.bloomington.in.us/~stopcrop/index.html
Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my