Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Dog Boutique, how do you feel?

poshpooch
New User

Nov 14, 2006, 4:28 PM

Post #1 of 18 (2233 views)
Shortcut
Dog Boutique, how do you feel? Can't Post

Smile Do you feel like there are enough dog specialty stores in your area? Besides food, what kind of products do you purchase for your dogs?

This is for a marketing project and any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 14, 2006, 5:35 PM

Post #2 of 18 (2226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [poshpooch] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

nope...there are not enough dog specialty store in my area...

and the one near my area don have a lot of choices...

the shops here don sell clickers, lot of choices of clothings, dog car seat harness, dog car seat, toys like kong etc...

i have to go all the way to KL just to buy kong and some other stuff for my furkid...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 14, 2006, 6:44 PM

Post #3 of 18 (2224 views)
Shortcut

nope...Unsureevery shop is having the same thing only....like what jessica said...not much choice ...

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2006, 5:34 AM

Post #4 of 18 (2219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Malaysia dog market is growing but in a very slow pace. There is no buying power & low demand of doggie accessories.

Ppls might think doggie business is very good and alot of ppls just venture into this sector without really study the market. At the end many surfer stiff competitions due to many petshops fighting for lower price. At the end, the owner can't maintain their high expenses in the petshop as a result they need to end their business.

Beside petshop. I would like to touch on about Breeder that I recently encounter a sad incident. This heartless & money face commercial breeders breed their female dogs whole year round. This people own a farm, some breeder own about 200+ dogs as their breeding purpose. Is like a Chicken farm!!! As the recent economy slow many commercial breeders ended up with too many puppies at the end alot of the puppies required to put to sleep. SO SAD! This is real and is hapenning around us everyday. A person who work as part time helper in a dog farm (location-can't tell) ask me do I want a Cocker Spaniel puppy for FOC as this breeder have too many of them, yesterday he already put some puppies to sleep. I was shock to hear that !!! Sorry, I tell the person, I can't help All I can do is pray that the dogs at the farm will have a better after life. Human are cruel!!!Mad All because of MONEY!!!

Sorry out of topic. Just wanted to let go my angerFrown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2006, 8:34 PM

Post #5 of 18 (2214 views)
Shortcut

currently @ klang valley....is more than enough...petsmore had lotsa branch n provide 10% discount...

n if owner wan more variety n imported stuff...ikano is by far d best for me....

as for mid valley, is convenient for those regular shoppers....

n for accessories n clothes....is too expensive 2 buy it regularly....unless some1 came up wit 'made in malaysia' product...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2006, 5:13 AM

Post #6 of 18 (2193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

chrisong..

its sad to hear got this dog 'farm'.. the owner is really irresponsible and i think someone should report this to the authority..

but think again, will the authority take action? even the snatch theft cases they ade 'boh liang boh juak' (hokkien), will they even bother abt dog cases? haih... not to say the authority (police) are lousy.. but they are -% efficiency ! Mad

and since this is an anti-dog-government country, i doubt this protection towards doggie welfare will ever exist

in this 3rd-world (whose fault? the 01s (malays) la !) , money is 1st position in 99% ppls' minds... so.. i don think we can expect more actions in protection towards dogs.. if u compare to the U.S. (i don think we can even COMPARE), once a dog is mistreated, and once someone else reports this to the U.S. authority, immediately not only the SPCA will take action immediately, but other organisations that protect the rights of canines as well. This is because the U.S. citizens (99.999999999%) really treat dogs like their family.

So, its IMPOSSIBLE that our country does the same thing.. just imporsible ... even our dogs have not much choice of public gardens where they can have a walk, as well as public transport ---- NOT A SINGLE CHANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

even going to east msia, these dogs are treated as if they are WORSE than ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What !

so sad la when i type and think of this IMHUMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiat !

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2006, 5:18 AM

Post #7 of 18 (2191 views)
Shortcut

poshpooch...

yeah they are right.. not many choices here in this filthy country.. soli to say this but this is the fact..

the reason is : not much effort on creations of new products which look different..

the prob is also, things here are sold at prices marked up too high... In this country, money is everything

so.. if u want to look for more varieties, u can most probly seek imported stuff, like what Amanda85 said, look in ikano..

its true that ikano is the only shop that offers MOST sorts of goodies.. so.. u can see, the stats is : 1

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 15, 2006, 7:06 AM

Post #8 of 18 (2187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Let face it.

MONEY + Human (Selfish & Need) are the cause of today world we live in.

For MONEY human can do anythings for it to satisfy their NEED!!!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2006, 2:05 AM

Post #9 of 18 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

chrisong..

AGREE !

so.. impossible for us to give hope on gov.. better give our dearest furkids the best life out of everything... since doggies are so kesian in this country

many would laugh at me y i put doggies' first position.. so i told them: in this poorly educated country, where NOBODY CARES, i still have a status in the society. this i mean is officially.. BUT WAT DOES THE DOGGIES HAVE IN STATUS?

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (x INFINITY)

to them, money is everything. to me, not. but Happiness + furkids care + money = GOOD

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2006, 2:19 AM

Post #10 of 18 (2183 views)
Shortcut

aiyo, dont be so hard on urself... the time will come when our country goes up further, i remembered my young times in school, i seldom read abt robberies & rape cases in the papers. nowadays, somebody will get killed for money or lust everyday in msia. this is wat as i have predicted when young... when a nation develops itself to be a better & wants to be a "negara membangun"... the consequences will follow, every action there is a reaction. countries like US, japan & aust have surpassed our period. therefore, u will hear of bad news more over at their countries. they will also step out to the next level of a rising nation. like the NZ & brits, whr they will give money & shelter to the poor & homeless. reason of doing so??? to prevent the poor & homeless to rob & steal. prostitution will also be legalize as to curb rape cases. if u see & compare the levels of delopment in different countries, u will notice the difference & the steps & patterns that follows

therefore, do most of wat will make u happy & live longer. belief in urself & stand firm on ur own beliefs. whr as ur beliefs shall not require others to belief as well

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2006, 2:40 AM

Post #11 of 18 (2178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

vinoviruz..

hmmm.. u have ur point. but this im really hoping to see soon how our country wil develope into..

ya.. like wat u said.. since everyone is selfish.. i can oni protect myself and the welfare of dogs that i can help at least some.. i can oni make the best out of my very own standard.. as long as im happy, i guess i no need think of wat others think

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2006, 2:55 AM

Post #12 of 18 (2175 views)
Shortcut

but of cuz must be humble in doing so... Cool

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2006, 3:34 AM

Post #13 of 18 (2173 views)
Shortcut

vinoviruz...

ya.. u have ur point, which is the positive outlook... but to let this really happen, i mean as in one day gov will start to look a difren point on doggies, i doubt that will happen in recent years.. really doubt.. let me know what u think again ya interested in starting this discussion

what ever happens, i shal always remain in giving the best to my molly.. as long as she's happy, im happy too

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2006, 6:19 PM

Post #14 of 18 (2168 views)
Shortcut

well, when the day comes, i'l let u know abt it, hopefully we'l live long enuff to see it happen. otherwise, we'l have to pass on our passions on doggies to our children & they'l pass on to their children & hopefully by then they'l be able to bring their jrts to the malls

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 18, 2006, 10:36 PM

Post #15 of 18 (2162 views)
Shortcut

hi jane,

yeah..i truly understand your frustration and truly agree with u....well......i doubt that our country will chg its view on dog so soon...at least not in my lifetime la......

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2006, 4:34 AM

Post #16 of 18 (2158 views)
Shortcut

vinoviruz..

seems tat we can oni hope so.. while waiting the time to come.. also dono when will come.. haih

anyway, we jsut do our best to serve the needs of our kelian furkids.. and ya.. really hope in future there's a place where furkids really belong and have the full access..

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2006, 4:58 AM

Post #17 of 18 (2156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Dog Boutique, how do you feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

jessicaohh...

ya.i hav the same thought. i think, maybe one day miracle will hapen.. and tat day, i really hope can b in my lifetime.. then i can be happy and less worried

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 2, 2007, 11:59 PM

Post #18 of 18 (2144 views)
Shortcut

i bought a bed for my furkid.. a small one cause he's small but the bed is quite small for him. Well.. instead of buying new clothing for my doggie(which i wanted to) we use old clothing then we sew some pictures or whatever that we can find then left my dog wear itUnsure cheap stuff for my spoiled dog Unimpressed

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my