Some advice please

neurotoxicz
Dog Kichi

May 9, 2003, 10:54 PM

Post #1 of 7 (971 views)
Shortcut
Some advice please Can't Post

Hi,

I wanted to ask, my dog has some kind of skin irritation and i want to cure it...I've tried some yellow dog lotion and even aloe vera...it seems that it's getting better but he scrathes it with his legs and the patch get worst.The irritation is on top of his nose(his muzzle) and underneath his eyes.What should i do?Should i go and buy the white thing to cover his head and wait for everything to heal completely before taking it off?

Thank You!
[~*~NeuR0ToxiCz~*~]

neurotoxicz
Dog Kichi

May 11, 2003, 1:29 AM

Post #2 of 7 (956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neurotoxicz] Some advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I really got a serious problem!My doggie threw up today and vomitted this yellow liquid saliva-like thing and made 2 puddles in his compund.One in his cage and one on the ground...it was so scary and i was so afraid he would die!He's got heartworm and i wasn't sure of the heartworm symptoms.What is the heartworm symptoms?Does anyone know what happened?Might he have choked himself and throw up?He also threw up a pretty small unchewed portion of his rice....Any help please?!
[~*~NeuR0ToxiCz~*~]

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

May 11, 2003, 9:21 AM

Post #3 of 7 (951 views)
Shortcut

hello,

the best advice for u, is to take your dog to the vet. a vet will help clear all of your doubts and you wouldn't have to worry much in the first place.

btw, have u dewormed your dog on schedule? my dog had experience similar like yours - vomiting yellow liquid and doggy food. it was simply because i didn't deworm him ontime.

i don't know whether it's the heartworm that's making him throw up. check with the vet.

regards,
hunter

neurotoxicz
Dog Kichi

May 11, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #4 of 7 (941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Some advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Could it be because of Parvo or something like that?I read an article just now in an old issue of and it said something about vomitting.

About the vaccination,i didn't give him any except for deworming pills from a pharmacy.Yellow liquid thing....sigh...it also vomitted that a few days ago before yesterday.I think he should be ok now.He finished up his rice...Wink
[~*~NeuR0ToxiCz~*~]

jaclynlim81
Novice

May 12, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #5 of 7 (934 views)
Shortcut

HI,

I am not advising you not to go see a vet or anything like that. But sometimes when dog pukes out the yellow thick saliva, its bile from their stomach and out comes the food along as well. If this happens like once in a long while and happens right around after it eats, It might mean that your little precious just ate its food a bit too fast and in big chunks. The stomach could not digest it and so it tries to get it out of the system.

CHeers

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 12, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #6 of 7 (919 views)
Shortcut

hello,
pls rush your dog to vet. I don't think this is good sign to puke and have skin problems. Bring him to vet immediately!!
There won't be any symptom on heartworm until it is too LATE. Symptoms like: diarrhea with blood on stool, no apetite, serious weight lost, not active at all... but this is TOO LATE, the dog may die from heartworm if you have these symptoms.
Again, bring him to vet formedical attention.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

neurotoxicz
Dog Kichi

May 14, 2003, 12:22 AM

Post #7 of 7 (903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Some advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

HI,Thanks for the advice guys.He is okay now.Maybe just the bile.He is as active as usual.Wanted to ask you,what's that plastic cone-shaped thing on dogs that are sick?I'm thinking of buying that to fix the skin problem.You see whenever he is getting better,he sratches it with his paws and bumps himself against the wall.Maybe that thing can prevent him from disturbing the patch until it has been fully recovered.

Smile
[~*~NeuR0ToxiCz~*~]

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my