Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!!

wsm
Novice

Nov 10, 2006, 5:29 AM

Post #1 of 11 (2789 views)
Shortcut
Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!! Can't Post

How can i prevent my puppy from doing that?? I can't teach him verbally because he will only do that when i am not around.. I've tried the anti-chew spray but it did not really work...how you guys overcome this problem??.. please advice me.. thanks!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2006, 6:07 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wsm] Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!! [In reply to] Can't Post

u had to provide sumthing alternative to curb wit his chewing problem...

buy him some chew toy designate for dogs....n btw, consider crating him up when no one is around d house....

letting ur dog alone without supervision b4 he was house trained will juz encourage his negative behaviour...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

wsm
Novice

Nov 10, 2006, 10:06 PM

Post #3 of 11 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yea i do provide chew toys designated for dogs, such as Kong but it only works for a very short period...maybe you are right.. i should crate him while i`m not around.. i just feel that it is too cruel to crate him for a long period such as when i`m not around or when i`m busy doing my stuff... yea i know i should catch him while he is biting the stuff to teach him..but i`m just seeking for alternative way to teach him, which is faster n easier.. Smile if anyone knows please teach me thanks!..

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 10:23 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2779 views)
Shortcut

in luving & caring for ur dogs, nothing is fast & easy, if u want fast & easy, get a hamster

ezekiel 25:17

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2006, 1:38 AM

Post #5 of 11 (2772 views)
Shortcut

crating is not an abuse.....

if ur dog learn to chew things up when u r not around, if difficult to de-train him from this behaviour....n when d owner start punishing d dog, when in fact, d owner didn't teach d dog in d 1st place, this is called abuse...

if u don't fancy crating, then consider confining him in a isolate area....or maybe get a playpen for him...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

weirdpoh
New User

Dec 19, 2006, 3:27 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2735 views)
Shortcut

your puppy is going to chew like there's no tomorrow up till almost 1 year

i'm so glad my dog's over that phase now
neways eveyrone gave good suggestions
when u see it chew something inappropriate give it an alternative and keep it busy.

what about getting a kong. that will keep them busy and not to mention very happy for a long time Smile
what you stuff in your kong is important too have u tried filling it up and freezing it?
I'm a wannabe :P

(This post was edited by weirdpoh on Dec 19, 2006, 3:28 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 20, 2006, 1:32 AM

Post #7 of 11 (2729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weirdpoh] Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe....i'm an owner who don't fancy to gv toys to my dog when i'm not around...

i simply train her not to chew anything....hahaha....Sly

Pacco de Mongrel

mykiko

Dec 22, 2006, 12:53 AM

Post #8 of 11 (2714 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda,

How do you train your dog to not chew on anything? Recently my Kiko just swallow a piece of rubber band that i used to tie her hair and also a small piece of cushion from underneath the sofa. Luckily she manage to vomit everything out.

Sometime she like to bite my finger when im playing with her, how to stop her from bitting my finger? Crazy

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2006, 1:26 AM

Post #9 of 11 (2711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!! [In reply to] Can't Post

when i'm not @ home, i keep her inside d cage...

when i'm around, she's under 100% supervision.....so no chance for her to misbehave...

but now she's 2 year old already.....so eventhough she's not under supervision, biting is never her habit...

Pacco de Mongrel

Sydney
Doggyman

Dec 24, 2006, 9:54 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2704 views)
Shortcut

First things first, remove the boxes so that it cannot be bitten by him. Try letting him chew some toys. Occupy your dog with toys so that he will forget bitting on the boxes

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 26, 2006, 9:49 PM

Post #11 of 11 (2703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Help!...Biting boxes as well as wall!! [In reply to] Can't Post

not bad for a kid... u read a lot izzit???

ezekiel 25:17

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my