Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Pug Question

chansaire
Dog Kichi

Nov 7, 2006, 4:22 PM

Post #1 of 2 (978 views)
Shortcut
Pug Question Can't Post

Hi! i'm the owner to two beautiful goldens and a shih tzu, my younger sister is contemplating on adding a pug to our family but there's a few questions i though i'd ask the puppy members first!

1. i read that pugs are more prone to health problems as compared to other dogs, and would require multiple visits to the vet. is this true?

2. i also read that they shed quite a lot as contrary to belief that they're short haired. true? false?

3. are they more prone to skin diseases as compared to other dogs?

4. are all pugs cock-eyed? as i've seen in certain pictures online that they do not seem to be cock-eyed. is this part of the breeding standard?

thanks!
"some friends come, some friends go- others leave a paw print in your heart, and you're never the same again."

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2006, 10:57 PM

Post #2 of 2 (968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chansaire] Pug Question [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there! Smile

pugs pugs pugs... my fav breed... well, i may be bias here, of course... TongueCool

this website answers all questions you have and more pertaining to pugs... especially read 'don't get a pug'... very informative and gets you well prepared should you really decide to add a pug to your family... cheers! Wink

http://www.pugvillage.com/dont_get_a_pug.htm

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my