Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Need advice on which puppy to choose

jackmin
New User

Oct 28, 2006, 4:32 PM

Post #1 of 2 (585 views)
Shortcut
Need advice on which puppy to choose Can't Post

hi everyone, me n my gf need advice from all of you as we're currently plannin to buy a puppy but we've yet decide which one would be suitable for my household. currently we are having 3 kittens at our house which their age are about 7-12 mths old now. will there be any problem if we bring in a puppy too? we are hoping to get a puppy small in size(doesnt grow too big like those retrievers), not too vocal, can be teached, playful and loving. any recommendation or advice will be greatly appreciate. thank u all in advance!!

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2006, 10:19 AM

Post #2 of 2 (569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackmin] Need advice on which puppy to choose [In reply to] Can't Post

Vocal, it depends on luck. It is best for you to get a young pup around 2 months old. This is so it would get used to the kittens.

Breeds that you can consider... well, small breeds tend to bark more than bigger breeds. I can say you can try poodle... pug.... maltese... silky terrier. All dogs are smart and trainable, it is actually how well the trainer teaches the dog only. So do get a good book on training and learn from there. Or bring your puppy to obedience classes to learn sociallly.

Anyway, do discuss better with your gf. There would be the extra expenses, food and vet bill of the dog.... also, purebreeds cost more than mixbreeds. There are a few dogs for adoption that are good with cats but then they aren't small breeded dogs.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my