Help~! Neighbour complain my dog// bark

yuan
Novice

Oct 28, 2006, 12:27 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2594 views)
Shortcut
Help~! Neighbour complain my dog// bark Can't Post

Hi,

My house is a corner house, i keep my German shepherd dog, (11 months) inside my house. But I will let him went out the garden before we went to sleep till the next morning.

Now the problem is, My Neighbors complain that my dog bark in the night disturbing them to hv a good sleep. He had already 11 month but still bark when he saw any dog or cat pass by......:(

How to solve this type behavior problem? Remote barking collar can be the one? Additional where can I get Remote barking collar i had called few pet shop but they are no selling.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2006, 6:11 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yuan] Help~! Neighbour complain my dog// bark [In reply to] Can't Post

remote barking collar is not a good solution...it might put ur dog under stress condition....

since ur dog is an indoor dog in d morning, y not consider putting him indoor as well during night time...

as for me....i crate up my dog during night time...coz my mongrel will also bark whenever they r passer by n stray animals around....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

PSY
K9 Kaki

Nov 11, 2006, 3:47 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2555 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I think a remote bark collar is a good thing as it eases you running in and out of your bedroom on the other hand you can use a remote training collar. I do not agree with the "stress" issue suggested by Amanda simply that if the dog "barks" at whatever and cannot get to it, it is stress too. Everything is harmful if not use properly.

yuan
Novice

Nov 13, 2006, 6:48 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Help~! Neighbour complain my dog// bark [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for ur reply(Amanda85 and PSY),

But where can i get the remote collar in malaysia?

GSD_boy
Novice

Nov 24, 2006, 4:50 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2514 views)
Shortcut

Yuan, Im having the GSD as well. 12months. My house a corner lot as well. So I beleive we have the same similarity.However I dont have the barking issue at midnight but I do during day time when Im around during holidays/weekends or after come backfrm work. I found that the dog feel very bored and looking to play with you. I was giving some exercise by throwing ball at the garden and askd him to fetch. I will do till the puppy tired. However during rainy day, the garden is not a good place to play ,so,what I did is I will bring the dog for jog at early morning and again walking at evening. These will really make the puppy happy ,tired and once he back to the crate...he will just lie down like had enuf for the day and no any noise. Its really work out and I dont have any issue now. It not only help to avoid barking noise but aslo make your dog active, strong leg, grew your relation and expose to outside noise like childern/vehicles. Remember that when you purchase GSD, it means you must ready to give full/max exercise to him. GSD need a lot of exercise to make it strong and develop the relation between both of you. Hope you can try these before go with the collars....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my