Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Socializing, playtime, tricks and things....:
Amber's named a 'Showdog'~

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 22, 2006, 5:44 AM

Post #1 of 17 (12118 views)
Shortcut
Amber's named a 'Showdog'~ Can't Post

Amber was a plain, simple, unknown Golden Retriever in Malaysia. Ever since we started training her with obedience stuff, I never knew that Amber has such potential to do more besides obedience training...

She was named the best 'Obedience Trained Puppy' at 11 months by our trainers. Currently now in Novice & Agility. Anyway, just started training her interesting but simple tricks last month. She now currently knows 14 tricks. All taught from last and this month. Thinking of achieving about a 100 tricks with her soon but now she has got some serious problem with her fur. She looks like a deseased dog, wakakaka! No lah, don't be so mean...But slowly lah! She's a very fast learner. Can learn a new trick in a day, not more than 20min. But to really master a trick may take at least 2 to 3 days...

We met a mat salleh trainer at some dog & owner get together day yesterday, and I showed off some cool tricks and a short dance routine with Amber. He said Amber's really good plus, very good looking despite the hair loss on her thigh and neck. And he named her a great 'Showdog'. Even at our training ground, another Golden Retriever owner said to another person beside her that Amber's a showdog.

How great if someone called your dog a 'showdog'? Well, I think it's about time that she's called one after all the hard work of training...Hahaha! Amber's a showdog, yay!

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Oct 22, 2006, 5:59 AM)
Attachments: 1Afamosa_2006_107.jpg (132 KB)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2006, 7:30 PM

Post #2 of 17 (12103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Amber's named a 'Showdog'~ [In reply to] Can't Post

it was ofcoz lovely tat ppl describe ur amber as a show dog..

as for my pacco...ppl juz said 'cheh, mongrel'.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

KichiLover
New User

Oct 24, 2006, 5:57 AM

Post #3 of 17 (12097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Amber's named a 'Showdog'~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey amber!

wow 14 tricks? cool! I just taught my little kichi rollover. still not very good but need patience. good job amber! keep up the good work girl!
I LOVE MY BABY KICHI SO MUCH!!

(This post was edited by KichiLover on Oct 24, 2006, 6:12 AM)

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 25, 2006, 1:06 AM

Post #4 of 17 (12090 views)
Shortcut

Actually I was impressed with your pacco doing the weaving in the vid from your blog. That was the time when amber hasn't learnt any yet. I was like, "hmmm...not bad, not bad at all".

At first, I got inspired by a white lady dancing with her Golden Retriever in a vid which i got from YouTube. They're prob from the US. There was when I thought maybe I should start teaching amber those kind of tricks too...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 25, 2006, 1:10 AM

Post #5 of 17 (12089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KichiLover] Amber's named a 'Showdog'~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Take your tome...take your time...Thanks, you too!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 27, 2006, 3:24 AM

Post #6 of 17 (12076 views)
Shortcut

yeah...i watched tat in long long time ago.....when i had my 1st dog...

but my 1st dog is extreme unhyper...she juz can't get excited.....so not suitable...

as for pacco.....when she was younger, she's a bit overstimulated....kenot calm down...

so some of those dancing step can only be introduce when she's around d recent age...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 7, 2006, 1:15 AM

Post #7 of 17 (12060 views)
Shortcut

Oh I see...I'm still working on Amber's heeling backwards. So difficult coz Amber's got rubber legs. Hehehe...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2006, 6:03 PM

Post #8 of 17 (12055 views)
Shortcut

wat is rubber legs??

i only heard b4 'jelly legs'....Laugh

Pacco de Mongrel

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 9, 2006, 7:31 PM

Post #9 of 17 (12048 views)
Shortcut

Rubber legs is the same as jelly legs. It's actually HD problemed legs, hahahaha! Most Goldens have rubbery legs when they walk, they sway side to side like Amber does...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2006, 11:53 PM

Post #10 of 17 (12044 views)
Shortcut

yeah...i saw lots b4......n this goes d same 2 most of those large breed dog i saw....except for belgian malinois (my fav breed)

i think mostly due 2 d weight.....owner tends to overfeed, this is d current trend.....

Pacco de Mongrel

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 10, 2006, 3:55 AM

Post #11 of 17 (12041 views)
Shortcut

Nope even slim ones get it. Sumtimes it's genetic or had a terrible accident/fall. Amber had hers when she turned 4 mth. And she wasn't fat all...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2006, 5:27 PM

Post #12 of 17 (12038 views)
Shortcut

then is d owner responsiblity to make sure they buy d right dog...

Pacco de Mongrel

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 10, 2006, 8:06 PM

Post #13 of 17 (12035 views)
Shortcut

When people buy puppies, they cannot tell whether it's going to get HD or not. They can only take an x-ray & confirm that it has HD when it turns full 2 years old. My Amber, cannot confirm yet but assume she has it from he she walks & they way her left hip socket is formed. We never thought or had any attention that Amber will get it. It just so happens, she got it just like that! Can't do anything but to just maintain her weight & her hips...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2006, 1:41 AM

Post #14 of 17 (12033 views)
Shortcut

but d potential owner can alwiz observe d sire n dam b4 buying.....n d parents condition can b a great guidelines....eventhough not 100% accurate.....

Pacco de Mongrel

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 11, 2006, 5:38 AM

Post #15 of 17 (12029 views)
Shortcut

You know Malaysia wah...? Hardly any breeders would show the pictures of the dam & sire but if they go to the breeders & look at the breeder's dogs themselves, then it goes on from there lah. Also, not all people know anything abt this hip prob. Breeders also don't want to say anything whether their dogs have any prob or not or else they'll loose their money rite? Even champion parents cannot guarantee to give birth to healthy perfect pups. No guarantee one...The dam & sire may have perfect hips & won Best Breed Championship & all that, but there's a potential for one pup in probably 20 will get HD. But for 'hantam' breeding, using any Goldens, 1 out of 10 will get or maybe two, I don't know...I don't know about Amber's siblings, never seen them before but I've a feeling, one of them has it too! What to do?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2006, 1:11 AM

Post #16 of 17 (12023 views)
Shortcut

haha...tat's d reason of some uneducated potential dog owner...

i wonder how can a person spent thousands of dollar buying a dog tat can live up to 10 years, yet did not intend look @ d parent....Crazy

most of my net frenz, they actually bring d pup to do a HD test b4 purchasing....which i think is d best idea...

Pacco de Mongrel

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 12, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #17 of 17 (12018 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, sad but true...I was uneducated at 1st before having a dog. But now, we'relearning alot now from other dog owners.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my