Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder???

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Oct 20, 2006, 8:32 PM

Post #1 of 13 (4204 views)
Shortcut
Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? Can't Post

Hi all,

i've seen dogs actually afraid of lightning & thunder, hiding under the bed trying to get covered when its starting to rain heavily...but on the other hand, zeus run out to the open balcony & started to bark at the sky, each time he sees lightning, he'l wait for the thunder,then when thunder claps, he'l start barking at the sky, then he'l wait for the lightning all over again, the cycle goes on...

ezekiel 25:17
Attachments: zeus8.jpg (4.59 KB)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 3, 2006, 6:27 PM

Post #2 of 13 (4193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i've heard of dogs being afraid of thunder or loud noise but never seen it.....well...for my girls, they will just look around (puzzle face) n then just ignore it n went back to sleep or to watever they are doing.........hehehehehehehe...luckily not afraid...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 4, 2006, 2:29 AM

Post #3 of 13 (4192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

most dogs i know & see will run & hide, whine & cry at the sight of lightnin, at the sounds of thunder & firecrackers... but zeus goes out in the open to bark at the sky

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 6, 2006, 8:35 PM

Post #4 of 13 (4184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? [In reply to] Can't Post

my goofy (chihuahua+pinscher) not afraid at all...once he heard thunder, he'll stop watever he's doing and he stood up his ears (seems wanted to hear clearer), after a few more thunder, he'll go to the door and sit n look up to the sky...haha

but my family dog (pekingese) scared alot more..once there's a very light sound of thunder, he'll run up and down and start looking for place to hide...under the chair, under the table...hahaand won't dare to come out again unless the rain stopped....

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2006, 8:40 PM

Post #5 of 13 (4183 views)
Shortcut

hi,

that's good for zeus and youCool

in the training class that i brought sasha to, the trainer will play all type of sounds to test if the puppies are afraid...thunder sound, vehicle sound, vacuum sound etc.....and all the puppies there just totally ignore the sound!!!!!! i think this is generation y...Wink

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2006, 10:34 PM

Post #6 of 13 (4180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? [In reply to] Can't Post

thx for zeus is the god of lightning

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2006, 6:13 PM

Post #7 of 13 (4173 views)
Shortcut

hmmmm. ..... my pacco got no reaction @ all to thunder n lightning....but y tends to bark when she hears fire crackers...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 9:36 PM

Post #8 of 13 (4167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? [In reply to] Can't Post

they bark cuz wanna show their dominance in the neighbourhood cuz usually anything louder than em can threathens em...they better be barking than looking for a place to hide rite???

cheeers

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2006, 1:34 AM

Post #9 of 13 (4162 views)
Shortcut

haha....but worried others might not wan 2 tolerate wit her sound pollution....Laugh

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 11, 2006, 6:33 PM

Post #10 of 13 (4159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Are ur dogs afraid of lightning or thunder??? [In reply to] Can't Post

haha,

luckily i warned all my neighbours before hand that zeus will bark at the sound of thunder & firecrackers, noisy buses & bikes, bark at the sight of ligthning, lizards, roaches, crows, etc.

so when ever they hear zeus barking they know that he's not barking for no reason & the noise wont last long

cheers

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2006, 1:23 AM

Post #11 of 13 (4150 views)
Shortcut

is good tat zeus won't bark continuously...

as for pacco, she bark synchronize wit d fire cracker, when d fire cracker end, then she'll only end her 'job'.....so hardworkingCrazy

Pacco de Mongrel

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2007, 6:21 AM

Post #12 of 13 (4135 views)
Shortcut

yea my sydney is afraid of lightning and thunder.. He'll follow me/mum around the house.. his tail will go downUnimpressed and he will maybe hide under tables and chairsCrazy

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 2:20 AM

Post #13 of 13 (4132 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
is good tat zeus won't bark continuously... hehe, zeus barks continuously as well, as long as there's thunder & lightning, thats the length u'l hear his barkins

as for pacco, she bark synchronize wit d fire cracker, when d fire cracker end, then she'll only end her 'job'.....so hardworkingCrazy haha, cute Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my